Man U build up thread

vince

Long is very hard to drop with the way he's been playing, though I thought the same of Romeu after Wednesday. If this is our shape from now on then let's give it another crack. Will be interesting to see how it works against a team who can dominate the ball.

Do we want Liverpool to beat them tomorrow so the pressure REALLY ramps up on LvG or not?

More important than pressure on the manager is the players' confidence. Another dodgy result and they'll be low. But ultimately we want to be in the mix with Liverpool and United by the end of the season so a draw would be best.

I'd do same line up as today except for Tadic in for Targett.

Yes Targett has been brilliant, no doubt about it, but in my opinion in this tough away game I'd be looking at a bit more experience. Also, Tadic= 2 goals in 2 appearances.

Also, Austin MAYBE to start for JWP? Or is that too attacking for a match at Old Trafford? Lol.

Tempting to play same side, however feel as though Romeu/Clasie deserves to start in place of VW. What odds on Tadic to come on and score the winner?!

Vic needs to be benched for this one. I hope he only got back in because Romeu/Clasie played midweek. He did OK against WBA but Clasie/Romeu are the more reliable option. Vic is liable to put in a disinterested shift at any point. Sick of it.

Vic needs to be benched for this one. I hope he only got back in because Romeu/Clasie played midweek. He did OK against WBA but Clasie/Romeu are the more reliable option. Vic is liable to put in a disinterested shift at any point. Sick of it.

really? He was pretty good yesterday from the BBC

6569efff-6bda-4631-add8-608d1255c272.jpg

Victor Wanyama (left) in the Southampton midfield looks to be key today. He has managed 63 touches and 54 passes - finding a man with 87% of them.

Compare that to Darren Fletcher (right) who has played just 19 passes for West Brom. Indeed, Wanyama has managed more than Fletcher and Claudio Yacob (30) combined.

Victor Wanyama (left) in the Southampton midfield looks to be key today. He has managed 63 touches and 54 passes - finding a man with 87% of them.

Compare that to Darren Fletcher (right) who has played just 19 passes for West Brom. Indeed, Wanyama has managed more than Fletcher and Claudio Yacob (30) combined.

He didn't have a terrible day by any stretch but also I don't think he was key.

He had good defensive positioning and screened well when required, but those possession stats don't really reflect that. He played as the fulcrum when we had possession against the Baggies who parked the bus and gave him all the time of day he needed to execute his passes - which invariable he needed.

I'm curious to see how good Forster really is at this point. In the past two games he seemed confident enough, but had exactly 1 easy safe to make.

I'm pretty sure our three other keeper, who have played this season, wish our defence had been as solid as it has been the last two games when they had played. Forster hardly needed to be in goal the last two games.

That graphic doesn't show all the times when Vic was ambling around just in front of the back four as though he couldn't be arsed to break into a jog.

Better 2nd half but still doesn't look interested to me.

I'm pretty sure our three other keeper, who have played this season, wish our defence had been as solid as it has been the last two games when they had played. Forster hardly needed to be in goal the last two games.

Its possibly a bit 'chicken and egg' though. The defence may well be more solid because of Forster:s presence.