Targett

Clasie

Romeu

Davis

Long

Austin

Subs: Stek, Yoshida, JWP, Tadic, Juanmi, Mane, Pelle

Agreed if Targett and Davis fit.

Otherwise Yoshida for Targett, JWP or Tadic for Davis. Could also see JWP for Clasie.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Watched highlights of their game vs Palace.

Everything goes through Sigurdsson - he has fantastic dead-ball delivery.

They played Cork & Britton in their engine room which we should be able to match like for like with Romeu & Clasie.

They've picked up under the new guy, but it's a good chance to keep our run going.

---------------Forster----------------

Cedric-VvD-Fonte-Bertrand-Targett

---------Romeu-----Davis-----------

------Mane----Austin------Tadic-----

the team is likely a bit gassed due to playing 10 men for 35 minutes. Romeu, Davis, Targett, Mane, Austin, and Tadic should all be pretty well rested.

If Davis can't go, put in JWP. If Targett can't go, move Bertrand to Left wing and insert Yoshida as third CB.

We've got key players coming back now at exactly the right time. Slip Targett in at LWB and obviously Davis goes straight into the team if fit. I also think Austin will start. Swansea are very beatable this season but lets not kid ourselves, it's never an easy place to go.

2-0 saints. Austin, Davis.

I wouldn't change the team much, the spirit seems good, just Romeu in for Wanyama and Targett in for Yoshida , possibly Davis if for Pelle with Long / Mane playing as a front two with Austin to come on in the 2nd half.

We have a week to prepare for this game, then a 2 week break after it so shouldn't worry about resting players, Clasie especially is getting up to speed.

I'd be very happy with another clean sheet and try to nick it. Surely Forster will be back in the England squad for the friendlies at the end of March.

I've noticed our chances of Europe being mentioned again but better to ignore that for now, see how cups go with any luck 7th place will be good enough again - for us to finish there we'd need to be above West Ham I think as can see Everton going on a good run.

Are people really putting that much of a defensive team out v Swansea?

For me (and yeah I'm not a manager blah blah) I'd love to see

FF

Cedric Fonte VVD Bertrand

Classie Romeu

Davis

Long Austin

Pelle

Go at em! **** it, yeeeeee haw!

I don't think playing 3-5-2 is overly defensive, because it is very fluid. Others might call it 5-3-2. In reality it is a 4-4-2 as when one of the wing backs goes forward, the wing back on the other side drops back in beside the 3 CBs. When the opposition attack, then both can fall back into a back 5. I like it. It gives a solid defensive line, while bolstering the midfield and allowing 2 to be up front.

If Austin is deemed fit enough he has to be starting up top alongside Long with Mane just behind. This game is a must win really. Although Swansea are doing better under their new manager, I wouldn't necessarily say they are in form. Considering the results we have gotten away to Manchester United and Arsenal, we should really be getting a clear cut victory.

Lesson from history. We played 3-5-2/5-3-2 in 1983/84 as it suited the players. Mainly to find a good role for Rueben Agboola. That was some team.

It's similar now. 3-5-2 seems to work. Targett is much better as a wing back in a 5 than a left back in a 4. So keep it as is. Players seem comfortable with it

I think this is a game that is made-to-measure for our new signing and our best young midfield prospect.

Saturday's match is tailor made for Austin/Reed and I think it will really suit them.

I would think Reed is unlikely to make the match day 18, let along start or come on. Steven Davis was back in training in the build up to the West Ham game and will probably go into the squad instead of Wanyama.

I think this is a game that is made-to-measure for our new signing and our best young midfield prospect.

Saturday's match is tailor made for Austin/Reed and I think it will really suit them.

I would think Reed is unlikely to make the match day 18, let along start or come on. Steven Davis was back in training in the build up to the West Ham game and will probably go into the squad instead of Wanyama.

Lol bit of a woosh moment there. [emoji23]

No way that all three forwards should play at once. We were over run in midfield Saturday. The gives us no balance and no control of the ball. Admitedly Pelle is useless but even so my call is two only up top and not one of those 'in behind ' Davis a as forward midfielder yes....

This is more of a must win for me than West ham last week, we've done the hard work in turning our form around and getting back to within touching distance of Europe again now we need to keep it up till the end of the season and a win v Swansea will be the first step in proving we can win against teams fighting for their lives. Austin won't start but will make an impact off the bench, 1 nil saints Austin with a late winner.

I think you have stitched MLG up!

That would be a real turn-up for the books. Bit worried that Reed can get shirty, but maybe we could play Austin in the pocket.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk