Steven Davis signs contact extension until 2018

Mikey88

Good news, I really rate him as a player and he is an excellent professional. I am slightly surprised, however, that he's been given a four year deal at age 29, but it is nice to see some of the senior pro's being signed up long-term.

Hopefully good news on Clyne and J-Rod to follow. Like Davis (before he signed the deal) their contracts run until summer of 2016, so you'd expect that these are being actively worked on behind the scenes.

I wonder what Cork thinks about Davis' new deal. :?

It'd be nice if somebody would call him an unsung hero again on this thread. I never get tired of constantly hearing how he's under-rated and an unsung hero.

Good news.

Hugely under-rated by some on here and an unsung hero. Surely Turkish can make up a song for him then he could be a sung hero (Davis that is, not Turkish). Good news on the contract, did wonder whether he might be tempted back to Rangers once they get back to the SPL and qualify for Europe again.

Edited by VectisSaint

It'd be nice if somebody would call him an unsung hero again on this thread. I never get tired of constantly hearing how he's under-rated and an unsung hero.

Good news.

He NEEDS a song!

I love the Song threads.

EDIT: Actually we got him for a song, no song fred required. Stand down Turks.

Good news.

Remember a Rangers fan saying Davis was always a 7/8 out of 10 every week when we bought him.

How very true..excellent player imo.

Great news

He NEEDS a song!

I love the Song threads.

EDIT: Actually we got him for a song, no song fred required. Stand down Turks.

Well, he should have another song. Davis is a good protestant, so maybe something to the tune of 'The Sash My Father Wore'; 'The Stripes Steve Davis Wore'?

Very well deserved, maybe time Steven to smile a bit more? You'll do us all a favour by making sure all the other players sign up for life as well.

Not sure about the impact on Jack 'though, he looked very distracted at training.... must wonder if the call will ever come club or country. 10 mins here and there as a sub is no solace for a great footballer. I'll back Ron's judgement over mine any day but this affair mystifies me.

Great move by the club, cracking player, has anyone said he's hugely underrated yet?

If he was foreign he'd be playing for a top 4 club, good job he's an unfashionable Irish player..Davis has Pedigree, all be it for Rangers, but he's won titles and knows what it takes, for him to say the following I think speaks allot for the mood in the squad at the moment. Good vibes

"Nobody wants to stand still, we want to get better, that goes for the team and myself. I’d like to win trophies here and continually try to improve our league position. I feel we can do that at this club"

The caption underneath the picture on the last Norn Ireland match report on the BBC said "Northern Ireland captain Steven Davis led his side with distinction against the Greeks".

Consummate professional.

He was brilliant in Athens. (Hopefully leading us to France 2016!)

Well, he should have another song. Davis is a good protestant, so maybe something to the tune of 'The Sash My Father Wore'; 'The Stripes Steve Davis Wore'?

'Stevie Davis Our ulster boy, Stevie Davis our ulster boy' to the tune of Tom Hark I've tried to no avail.

Why would he? First i'd heard of it anyway.

No idea...but heard it more than once. Looks like it was BS anyway.

Glad I wasn't going totally mad....

Now the Northern Ireland international insists his plan is to return to the club one day and resume his love affair with his boyhood heroes.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-skipper-steven-davis-1704494

Southampton midfielder Steven Davis has revealed he would be keen to return to Rangers in the future.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/8495252/southampton-midfielder-steven-davis-keen-to-return-to-rangers

Former Rangers skipper Steven Davis has revealed he would like to return to Ibrox one day.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/southampton-midfielder-steven-davis-interested-in-return-to-rangers-8491303.html