Which other club (or clubs) do you follow?

Professor

I've been a Saints' fan since the days of Derek Reeves, Terry Paine and John Sydenham but there other teams that I like to see doing well. Have long followed Brighton's results although have not been to their current ground at Falmer and have always had a soft spot for Boscombe but my interest in these clubs is challenged if they appear to be competing with Saints. Did not like Brighton beating us to the L1 championship although I did enjoy our win at Withdean. I've got no feelings for any other team in the Premier League and my interest in their results is only as to the effect it might have on Southampton's place in the table. But perhaps I'm unusual because so many people pay their Sky subscriptions to watch matches between teams that I have no care about at all.

I'm a Newport County Trust member and as of today have purchased Community Shares (Skate-style) to try and prevent them going to the wall (again, which is also how I became a Saints fan in the first place).

Also liked about half of the teams in Div 1 (but not Saints) at various points when I was a kid going to Newport matches, usually dependent on FA Cup Final results. I mean like, Forest, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and Watford, all for incredibly spurious plastic fan in South Wales reasons.

Cambridge United, for obvious reasons, although I hardly ever go now but was a regular when my son followed them, but I managed to persuade him that Saints were far better! I'd go to see them play p*****, but fortunately last year I had something else on and missed a Utd loss. The thought of paying to watch Utd lose to *** is awful.

I'll never forget when four of us found ourselves in Shrewsbury in about 1975/6 and saw a fixture list in the pub saying that P**** were playing.

We went along and watched Shrewsbury thrash them, A great day out as it was a bonus to our reason to being there!

The Rainbow Unicorns in the NELSA (North East Louisiana Soccer Association) U6 girls league. My daughter is a midfield enforcer a la Big Vic although she takes out her own players more often than the opposition. we're only two weeks in though.

Also Plymouth Argyle as I was born there (well Plymouth, not in the actual stadium), although if we ever end up in the same division as them I cannot watch the games. Generally though there's no conflict.

I look out for Eastleigh results and have been to watch them a few times. Would love them to make it into the FL. Especially if the skates are still there.

Despite a minority of their fans being weird, I still like to see AFCB do well. This year will be different depending on the table though.

Used to go and watch Plymouth play quite a bit when I lived down there. Don't make an effort to look for their results now but want them to do well too.

I'm not hardcore enough to lie about never paying attention to any other team. I used to actually support Everton until I was 5-6.

York City I follow, then there's a bunch of teams I wouldn't mind doing well (not at our expense, obviously) like Palace etc.

other than that, mostly through watching matches when on travels, I enjoy keeping up with wolfsburg, milan and bizzarely, uganda

Have always kept an eye out for Bournemouth. Maybe Brighton but our League 1 scuffle soured my view on them a little. Hoping Eastleigh get promoted so I can say I used to play for a Football League club (albeit only at youth level)!

I used to despise Fulham when they bought their way up the divisions (though that spending seems smallfry now), but as they are now quite local to me would like them to do well. Can't bring myself to want the same of Chelsea though.

Wouldn't describe any of these as being a "second team" though - more that I look at the results and think "oh that's good" or "ah well, never mind".

Always want Burnley to do well as half my family is from there but I wouldn't really say I was a fan. Follow Dynamo Kiev in Europe as I wanted to have someone to support in the Champions League and they had a heck of a team when Rebrov and Shevchenko were there.

No idea why anyone would have a problem with a 'second team'. If someone like Eastleigh, Totton or Salisbury are local to you, it's not as if they're competing with Saints.

I've been a Saints' fan since the days of Derek Reeves, Terry Paine and John Sydenham but there other teams that I like to see doing well. Have long followed Brighton's results although have not been to their current ground at Falmer and have always had a soft spot for Boscombe but my interest in these clubs is challenged if they appear to be competing with Saints. Did not like Brighton beating us to the L1 championship although I did enjoy our win at Withdean. I've got no feelings for any other team in the Premier League and my interest in their results is only as to the effect it might have on Southampton's place in the table. But perhaps I'm unusual because so many people pay their Sky subscriptions to watch matches between teams that I have no care about at all.

I have been following the Saints about the same time as you in fact Derek Reeves, Terry Paine and John Sydenham all played in the first game I saw

I dont really follow any other team but look out for Reading which is only a few miles from where I live and Brentford where I used to work.

I also look out for the results of friends teams Bolton Ipswich Fulham QPR Man City and Man U

I was literally scrolling down this page thinking to myself, 'Where's Turkish? Where's Turkish? Where's Turkish?!!...Oh, there's Turkish'.

*yawns*

Anyway, Dagenham & Redbridge. I think it has something to do with a save on the old Championship Manager series (yes, that tenuous).

I used to check Bournemouth results a few times a season to see how they were doing before they were promoted and I still check up on Eastleigh now and again just to see how their season is going but I don't have a second team. I also check Pompey now and again but that's become less amusing recently because they've started the season well :?.

I've been a Saints fan since the war--that means the days of Ted Bates, Alf Ramsey and my first Saints hero Charlie Wayman, So I am a Saint til I die but i wish Bournemouth well and I live near Yeovil and I wish them well (not much hope) because these two smaller clubs have defied the system to rise from nowhere