Norwich V Saints Post match despair...

saint lard

Something has to change or we will be right in a relegation fight very soon - Koeman's tactics and player choices defy belief. Why isnt Romeu or Reed or Seager playing, why persist with Tadic + JWP + Davis, all of whom have been awful this season and worse why persist with this 4-2-3-1 which just simply does not suit the players we have

If the club wont spend and he's unhappy about it just move on, sell some of the dross (like Wanyama and Ramirez) and give some of the younger guys a chance

Be interesting to see if Koeman throws Wanyama and Mane under the bus or if he (and the club) still have ambition to keep them in the summer and try to protect them a bit.

Probably need them to secure the points we need to avoid being relegated at this rate.

If anyone is willing to buy Wanyama I would sell in an instant.

If the club genuinely think we may only need a striker if Jay Rod & Pellè aren't fit & that's it, then that's crazy. 6 defeats in 8 is relegation form & tells it's own tale. Rather than saying no-one should be sold, maybe we should move a couple on now & get them settled in for a better season next year. I'd say Big Vic may be one, right now.

Got to question Wanyama's state of mind at the moment. Has been questionable all season (1/2 the player without Morgan next to him) both challenges were needless, poorly timed and stupid. Cost us the game. Maybe RK should have taken him off earlier though.

This. If Wanyama wants out, let him go and get someone better in quick.

If the club genuinely think we may only need a striker if Jay Rod & Pellè aren't fit & that's it, then that's crazy. 6 defeats in 8 is relegation form & tells it's own tale. Rather than saying no-one should be sold, maybe we should move a couple on now & get them settled in for a better season next year. I'd say Big Vic may be one, right now.

awful, truely awful

we are in a fight to stay up. Make no mistake. With the form we are in, the manager saying we 'may' buy a striker in the window (so nothing imminent then)

and his tactics. we will do well to stay up. That is realism

VvD poor

JWP poor

Long poor

Wanyama very very poor

first time I would post on here but I wonder if RK is set on this job. Few times now made points to Journo's about our ambition and yet again today. he did very little change pretty ovbvious shyte tactics.

Vic was horrendous today and wonder why Koeman is blind to him and he should never have been on the pitch for as long as he was anyway for being obviously crap. But both of his challenges were just stupid and sums him up. His passing was woeful today also and just jogged about for a bit. I will wonder how he can waltz straight back into the side after that

very poor yet again as an attacking threat. but that is no surprise as we have been for ages. barely worked their keeper at all which is not new.

It is like we ripped everything up against arsenal, changed tactics and shape, which worked a fuking treat. Then reverted to type (which is pure relegation form) and we see the same results.

what was worrying today was how RK never looked like changing anything until we went 1-0 down. Not even after vic was sent off.

Mane had to be on the pitch 20 mins earlier than he was

so much for our 'better squad'......

but the first time today, I wonder about RK. was last season a one-off where the pieces fell in place for him (much like ranieri this time) or is he better than what we are seeing.

we will do well to stay up

Won't be that disappointed when koeman's contract has run out, he plays boring football & odd tactics/substitutions too, don't leave out your one attacking threat discipline him in other ways (hmmmmm!) he is an average manager who looks like he's just going through the motions & seeing out his time at saints

we need a change to rejuvenate us

Never really looked like scoring - we don't have a top scorer and we do have too many substandard players.

Agree but many on here and more importantly those in control at SFC think that everything's ok. The next month will tell us the club's real intent, prepare to be disappointed.

Very disappointing if not surprising. The midfield are too ineffective, JWP contributes little, might as well give Reed a run in the side, or maybe Juanmi to see if he can create something or score a few. We are certainly paying the price for not buying a striker last summer.

The sooner Koeman goes the better. Abysmal tactically all season and today was probably the worst he's been. Dropping Mane for being late to a ****ing meeting is beyond stupid. It's cost the team more than it's cost him. Just fine him on Monday morning and get him on the pitch. To have not brought him on at HT was mad, to not bring him on after an hour was stupid, but for our best player to not be on the pitch until the 79th minute is a complete joke.

And Wanyama, who has been awful from day 1 is still starting every week and is not even being brought off when it's obvious to everyone he should be replaced. we should have won that game comfortably but didn't because of awful finishing throughout the team, Koeman's awful decisions and Wanyama being a total idiot.

Koeman continues to pick teams without goalscorers in them (Davis, JWP as 'attacking' players), he doesn't do anything to change the game (because he's too negative) and he consistently picks Wanyama

And it won't be any different next week. Davis will play. JWP will play. As soon as Pelle is fit he'll be back in and Long will be dropped. Wanyama will play.

If our management think we may sign a striker in a few weeks then we are in trouble !

Trying not to panic but we are shocking going forward.

Slow slow back to the keeper.

Recruit some pace, width and a leader to drive us forwards and a right back.

Tough task in January but struggle along with Swansea ,Sunderland,Newcastle and Cherries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What on earth is going on with Saints? They look slow, can't finish and too many players will play no matter how bad their form has been (Tadic, Wanyama spring to mind) and none of our hungrier, more dynamic younger players get a look in.

Reed showed, in the few minutes he was on, that he will do more for Saints than that c**t Wanyama.

Koeman has been shown up this season - he seems clueless and does not change things when the game is crying out for a change. Why persist with Ramirez if he has no future here - and expect him to change things in the 5 minutes he is on?

Sleepwalking to a relegation battle - and I think the only thing that will save us is that there are some terrible teams this season - even worse than our team.

How many times did Wanyama give the ball (and the game) away today? Absolutely shocking performance from him, no bottle and just looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch at all. If Aresnal want him, sell because he's more of a liability than benefit at the moment, and has been for a while.

We were in no danger until Vic got himself sent off. ****wit ! had nil-nil written all over it until then.

Clasie was very good, but we had no goal threat.

Long was OK first half, but spent the 2nd offside. Mane needs a big fine for his attitude and get one of the U21's to chauffer him around. JWP was just awful today. Davis and Tadic need to learn to hit it first time.

We need a goal threat from somewhere.

May as well give Gaston or Hesketh a go in the cup game as a last resort before we GET THE CHEQUE BOOK OUT !

Koeman and Wanyama both had shockers today. The game was crying out for Mane who was rightly left out but should have been on at HT. As for Wanyama, clearly doesn't give a toss, get rid asap.

Strangely i dont think players who don`t give a toss bother putting in strong tackles..but believe it if you want

Stick Reed in for Vic against Palace, although I'm sure Ron will reinstate Romeu. Seager up front too with Long on the wing, unless we manage to bring someone in before then.

Would've been a different story had we taken those first half chances but so many of us have been saying that this season. Disappointed in Sadio when he came on. Didn't chase, didn't look interested and it seemed to rub off on the other players.

Thought Martina did OK today though.

Koeman's inability to turn a game around is worrying, although with 10 men it's tough but he should have made subs earlier. From Wanyama's free kick and rant at the ref shortly before his red it was obvious what was coming.

Strikers don't score enough, both Pelle and Long require too many chances.

Tadic and Mane are both have poor runs of form.

JWP is....pointless.

The defense seems a bit all over the place with VVD and Fonte even making errors.

Not sure what the answer is, there are too many things going wrong at the same time. Oh well, it's been a while since we had a good relegation scrap.

Why are we surprised?

Happens regularly now. Wanyama (Arsenal aside) has been rubbish this year. JWP poor, Tadic poor, Fonte poor, Pelle poor, basically the spine of the team.

We have no pace or width, we have players who want to leave, we don't look as fit as we should, we haven't got a leader on the park.

Don't know why, but I something us not right behind the scenes IMHO. Too many signs of unrest.

Getting very worried!

Strangely i dont think players who don`t give a toss bother putting in strong tackles..but believe it if you want

It was more about his reaction at getting sent off - although for the record players who give a toss don't generally refuse to play.

Be interesting to see if Koeman throws Wanyama and Mane under the bus or if he (and the club) still have ambition to keep them in the summer and try to protect them a bit.

Probably need them to secure the points we need to avoid being relegated at this rate.

I can't see anybody wanting to make an offer for Vic, based on his performances this season. Mane has to be kept - the mistake today was trying to get through the game without him, just to make a disciplinary point.

Sleepwalking to a relegation battle - and I think the only thing that will save us is that there are some terrible teams this season - even worse than our team.

Why does everyone say sleepwalking when every fcker is mentioning it including clueless Ray Houghton.

There are worse sides - West Ham and Norwich are worse than us juts have more fight and we give them things.

I thought we played pretty well to be honest and were in total control up until the Wanyama red card. We passed it better than I have seen for a while and won a lot of second ball. Tadic and Bertrand posed a real threat down the left and Martina, who was strong throughout (showing how weak Soares is) offered great width on the right.

We didn't create loads, but Norwich had a lot of men behind the ball, so not easy. Wanyama will obviously be blamed for the defeat, and boy was it a stupid red, but in addition to that you have to look at the absolutely woeful finishing by Long when one on one with the keeper. At this level you have to be taking those sort of chances. And that's our problem, we just don't have enough quality in the striker department.

Norwich looked a poor side. Maybe we made them look like a poor side, but having done so we need to be winning that game. For me, we should have won the last two games, so it's very frustrating.