Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Forster - Loaned to Celtic: Official

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    That figure suggests Celtic are paying nothing toward his wages, and we are paying the lot, the whole 70k/wk. Is that the case?
    I don't believe we would have done that deal. We're a compassionate employer having funded his sick leave, but I can't imagine we would still be paying the full wage while he is at Celtic. Pure hypothesis - maybe Celtic pay 20k, we pay 50k?
    The "whatever we can get" needs to be a significant clawback on our costs in the last 2 years.
    Might be right if they paid us a substantial loan fee instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...star-1-5088785

Not sure how accurate this site is but suggest Celtic are paying 40K per week - 50%?
    I think I read somewhere Celtic had a wage ceiling of 35k.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

3. Default

That figure suggests Celtic are paying nothing toward his wages, and we are paying the lot, the whole 70k/wk. Is that the case?
    I don't believe we would have done that deal. We're a compassionate employer having funded his sick leave, but I can't imagine we would still be paying the full wage while he is at Celtic. Pure hypothesis - maybe Celtic pay 20k, we pay 50k?
    The "whatever we can get" needs to be a significant clawback on our costs in the last 2 years.
    We can hold out for a significant clawback on our losses and end up keeping him till the end of his contract, and lose a whole lot more.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

4. Default

Angus Gunn doesn't seem to be totally in favour with Ralph. Do you think Ralph may want to retain Forster and have him compete with Macca?
    I guess we'll make a decision at the end of the season, whether to retain or look for offers on FF. Lots of talk that FF will take a wage drop, but no talk about what Celtic will give to us to make it happen.
    Last edited by the saint in winchester; 26-02-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Angus Gunn doesn't seem to be totally in favour with Ralph. Do you think Ralph may want to retain Forster and have him compete with Macca?
    I guess we'll make a decision at the end of the season, whether to retain or look for offers on FF. Lots of talk that FF will take a wage drop, but no talk about what Celtic will give to us to make it happen.
    well he should take a wage drop now

6. Default

Fraser back to his old self last night! We are well rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Valesaint View Post
    Except the club aren't because he's only on loan until end of the season and there is no deal in place with Celtic yet for a permanent move. Two years more of his enormous contract extension that stupid fool now at the FA gave him. Bet Fraser's agent couldn't believe his luck.

Low fee or no fee and Celtic pick up the wages instead of a bigger fee is the only way out for Saints. And slap themselves around the head for not sacking Reed after the January 2017 transfer window debacle.

Why would you say that?

I dont think any of the goals were down to him

Not directly him but as usual, 3 shots, 3 goals.

Only saves things if it hits him mostly.