Cedric/Maehle

benjii

If Adam L. is right and we don't bring in a rightback then I'm afraid that is a load of ******** from the club with us still in a relegation fight. Mental, I hope he is wrong & they have fed him a line.

Cedric should stay & be back up for Valery if he is right. Not really seen much in of Ramsey so far TBH, even though very early days.

I don't buy the reduce squad numbers game anymore. In December yes, but that will be the 4th senior pro out the door & significant savings on wages + a half decent fee for Gabbi. I agree with all the moves, but come on, we need a couple of decent players in & then wholesale changes in the summer.

Makes our financial situation look very worrying. I hope Guan knows something we don't and it looks better once the window is closed.

People need to wait until the end of the window before claiming we are weaker. :)
Last January we had plenty of confidence and ITK smiley faces about Walcott and then Promes. What we got when we "waited until the end of the window" was ITK "ah, yes, but, you see, it didn't quite work out".

The January before that we had plenty of confidence and ITK smiley faces about various Centre Backs. What we got when we "waited until the end of the window" was ITK "ah, yes, but, you see, it didn't quite work out" and then utter desperation in signing Caceres eight days later.

So I am quite happy to wait until the end of the window, no problem at all, but I retain my right to think the exact same thing - we think we're being master negotiators and leave everything until the very last minute and then oh no something unexpected happened it's not our fault - is perfectly likely to happen yet again.

Last January we had plenty of confidence and ITK smiley faces about Walcott and then Promes. What we got when we "waited until the end of the window" was ITK "ah, yes, but, you see, it didn't quite work out".

The January before that we had plenty of confidence and ITK smiley faces about various Centre Backs. What we got when we "waited until the end of the window" was ITK "ah, yes, but, you see, it didn't quite work out" and then utter desperation in signing Caceres eight days later.

So I am quite happy to wait until the end of the window, no problem at all, but I retain my right to think the exact same thing - we think we're being master negotiators and leave everything until the very last minute and then oh no something unexpected happened it's not our fault - is perfectly likely to happen yet again.

Unfortunately, it’s not end of January we will find out if weaker, it’s from Feb TIL end of season. But personally we should leave the hysterics often seen in this forum and trust our Manager. I am sure Ralf knows best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, it’s not end of January we will find out if weaker, it’s from Feb TIL end of season. But personally we should leave the hysterics often seen in this forum and trust our Manager. I am sure Ralf knows best.

We all trust RH.

But its Ross Wilson and Ralph Krueger who are doing the deals - and both were here during those dreadful windows that CB Fry describes.

There's nothing hysterical about a pretty sober expectation that behaviours demonstrated before will be repeated and the results also repeated.

From previous performance, the balance of probabilities is that come February it is more likely we will be reading ITK mitigation about how things didn't quite work out rather than an official interview with this right back we are linked to.

Its not a problem Inter Milan have. They've indentified a right back and signed him no problem at all without waiting until two minutes to midnight on deadline day.

There's nothing hysterical about a pretty sober expectation that behaviours demonstrated before will be repeated and the results also repeated.

From previous performance, the balance of probabilities is that come February it is more likely we will be reading ITK mitigation about how things didn't quite work out rather than an official interview with this right back we are linked to.

Its not a problem Inter Milan have. They've indentified a right back and signed him no problem at all without waiting until two minutes to midnight on deadline day.

Inter Milan probably have a slightly bigger pull than us currently. We didn't have a right back issue until we let Cedric go. Now we do have an issue...................

Inter Milan probably have a slightly bigger pull than us currently. We didn't have a right back issue until we let Cedric go. Now we do have an issue...................

According to a great many posters on this forum we had a very big right back issue while Cedric was here.

So looking at our defenders (inc CBs)

Yoshi

Vest

Stephens

Bednarek

Targett

Bertie

Valery

Ramsay

I think we def need Bertie back, and it will be helpful to have Yoshi back. If a stand in RB is needed from the established players would it be Yoshi or Targett? I look at Stephens and note that he can carry the ball forward. Or could you use someone like Sims, and get him to drop deeper?

unless I’m reading too much into it there won’t be a new right back coming in until at least the summer.

Valery/Ramsay it is then..........brave call I think

Well, let’s wait and see til the end of the window but the OS piece seems to suggest the club are going with Valey and Ramsey. If that’s the case, seems a dodgy move to me, particularly as this is not even a permanent move with a sizeable fee that could be invested somewhere else in the team.

he was never as good as Clyne. Despite the trend to say he was better in his first year or so here

Clyne is an outstanding right back however, probably the best or at least one of in the league, just has off field issues.

Cedric is much better than most give him credit for. As a defender, 1 on 1 he’s very good, his height is an issue, but playing with thick as **** CB’s didn’t help and neither did playing under 3 awful managers for a full back that likes to bomb on (like Bertrand). The past 2 or 3 seasons have been him looking to get out the club, more interested in looking good in social media.

Cedric is much better than Valery at the moment.

I think he’ll do well at inter if I’m honest.

Well, let’s wait and see til the end of the window but the OS piece seems to suggest the club are going with Valey and Ramsey. If that’s the case, seems a dodgy move to me, particularly as this is not even a permanent move with a sizeable fee that could be invested somewhere else in the team.

This. If he is replaced with someone better, all is well. If we'd got a good fee in a permanent move, even without a replacement, I could see the logic (although a risky move). 3 points above relegation and loaning him out without any replacement is madness.

So looking at our defenders (inc CBs)

Yoshi

Vest

Stephens

Bednarek

Targett

Bertie

Valery

Ramsay

I think we def need Bertie back, and it will be helpful to have Yoshi back. If a stand in RB is needed from the established players would it be Yoshi or Targett? I look at Stephens and note that he can carry the ball forward. Or could you use someone like Sims, and get him to drop deeper?

Lemina has played right wing back. I'd be surprised if we didn't use him there.

To be honest he's done quite well for himself there, play half arsed for like a year and gets a move to Inter, gets to move to Milan and probably will be playing Champions league football next year.

Even if he did want to stay, I don't he would have wanted to after knowing Inter Milan wanted him.