Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 2322

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2019

Blog Entries

Benjamin Lecomte From Montpellier?

Oh no, it can’t be him. Windows Cleaner called him League 1 at best.

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brightside View Post
    Hopefully this is wrong, but my son claims Obafemi indicated on Instagram tonight he might be off. Son says the post has since been deleted. Anyone else heard anything or do I need to dope test the lad?
    Would not be surprised to see him go out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Faz View Post
    Would not be surprised to see him go out on loan.
    Ings/Adams (or equivalent signing, we seem pretty keen on getting him)/Long with Redmond around - it doesn't look like he'd get much game time if he stayed. A loan would be sensible with a recall clause after 6 months IMO. Who is the next young striker we could call from the youth teams if the shyte hits the fan and everyone gets injured? N'Lundulu?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Ings/Adams (or equivalent signing, we seem pretty keen on getting him)/Long with Redmond around - it doesn't look like he'd get much game time if he stayed. A loan would be sensible with a recall clause after 6 months IMO. Who is the next young striker we could call from the youth teams if the shyte hits the fan and everyone gets injured? N'Lundulu?
    Assuming Obafemi goes out on loan, definitely N'Lundulu or Barnes.

(I'd imagine Barnes could get a loan move too, as he's 22).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Assuming Obafemi goes out on loan, definitely N'Lundulu or Barnes.

(I'd imagine Barnes could get a loan move too, as he's 22).
    Surely Barnes just needs to leave. He is 22 and only pro experience is a failed loan at Yeovil.

Also Redmond is essentially considered a striker now.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Surely Barnes just needs to leave. He is 22 and only pro experience is a failed loan at Yeovil.

Also Redmond is essentially considered a striker now.
    Yeah, possibly. Was just giving SNSUN the current pecking order.

Always thought it was odd he didn't go back out.

Staple wood is busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brightside View Post
    Hopefully this is wrong, but my son claims Obafemi indicated on Instagram tonight he might be off. Son says the post has since been deleted. Anyone else heard anything or do I need to dope test the lad?
    Seems unlikely as Ralph a big fan and canít see anything on his instagram- sure he didnít mean Afolabi who has been interesting a few clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    Seems unlikely as Ralph a big fan and can’t see anything on his instagram- sure he didn’t mean Afolabi who has been interesting a few clubs?
    Afolabi has confirmed on that instagram he has left

Quote Originally Posted by jimmysaint7 View Post
    Afolabi has confirmed on that instagram he has left
    Aha, that'll probably be it then, he's not the brightest bless him. Last time I start a rumour. Good news though, I like Obafemi, if he stays fit going to be a handful.

11. Default

I wouldn't imagine Obafemi would be kicking up a fuss already, at 18 years old, about not being in line for a chunk of games next season. A loan out to a league one side would be best I think - not that I think that's his level, but you want him to get experience and learn the game without damaging his confidence in his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    I wouldn't imagine Obafemi would be kicking up a fuss already, at 18 years old, about not being in line for a chunk of games next season. A loan out to a league one side would be best I think - not that I think that's his level, but you want him to get experience and learn the game without damaging his confidence in his abilities.
    He won’t be good enough, his only goal was a scuffed finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    Seems unlikely as Ralph a big fan and can’t see anything on his instagram- sure he didn’t mean Afolabi who has been interesting a few clubs?
    I forgot about Obafemi he's been out so long.

Is he any good? Seen so little of him, but when I have he's been clumsy and missed chances. But at the same time, he's got in the right positions and stretched defences.

Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    He won’t be good enough, his only goal was a scuffed finish.
    I know you're probably taking the P a bit with the scuffed finish thing (based on the other threads), but he at least connected his foot to the ball when he scored, unlike a few other golden opportunities...

Default Summer Transfer Window 2019

Interesting one - quite young but I would imagine that the buy back clause could/would rule it out from our perspective as itís just not our modus operandi.

Does show we are looking for a CB tho.

16. Default

Read this of him in another article:

Vanheusden has spent the last 18 months on loan with Standard but his game-time has been limited due to two serious injuries.
    Definitely our sort of signing then.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    Interesting one - quite young but I would imagine that the buy back clause could/would rule it out from our perspective as it’s just not our modus operandi.

Does show we are looking for a CB tho.
    Don't City have a buy back clause on Gunn?

Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Don't City have a buy back clause on Gunn?
    Yep I’m sure I read that when he joined

Think i’ve found who the French keeper is : Illan Meslier

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    Think i’ve found who the French keeper is : Illan Meslier
    A quick Google search - the bloke looks like Alfred E Neuman from the Mad Magazine covers. You can't unsee it.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post

Is he any good? Seen so little of him, but when I have he's been clumsy and missed chances. But at the same time, he's got in the right positions and stretched defences.
    Two Hamstring injuries already, I don't see him cutting it at this level unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post

When he came on at Fulham towards the end he looked lively. One nice turn and burst into the box caught the eye, but when a very good chance came his way he failed to take it. In the Huddersfield game he was direct, but a poor first touch ruined a couple of excellent breakaway opportunities. He then missed a couple of glorious chance before scoring. I cant remember if that goal was down to great composure or he just got a little lucky and by taking an age it opened up nicely for him. I didn't come away from that game thinking we had a Michael Owen on our hands, although they have a similar build and ropey first touch. That's all I have really seen of him live and it left me wondering how good he is. He is certainly very short. I am not sure how quick he is. Pretty quick I think. In the end it will be about finishing and his ability to take a chance. I doubt we gave him a new contract if he hasn't shown that's exactly what he is good at. Looking forward to seeing him develop and become a top class striker. No idea if this will happen though. I have nagging doubts, but plenty of time for him to put them to bed.
    Last edited by Chez; 14-06-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    When he came on at Fulham towards the end he looked lively. One nice turn and burst into the box caught the eye, but when a very good chance came his way he failed to take it. In the Huddersfield game he was direct, but a poor first touch ruined a couple of excellent breakaway opportunities. He then missed a couple of glorious chance before scoring. I cant remember if that goal was down to great composure or he just got a little lucky and by taking an age it opened up nicely for him. I didn't come away from that game thinking we had a Michael Owen on our hands, although they have a similar build and ropey first touch. That's all I have really seen of him live and it left me wondering how good he is. He is certainly very short. I am not sure how quick he is. Pretty quick I think. In the end it will be about finishing and his ability to take a chance. I doubt we gave him a new contract if he hasn't shown that's exactly what he is good at. Looking forward to seeing him develop and become a top class striker. No idea if this will happen though. I have nagging doubts, but plenty of time for him to put them to bed.
    He is rapid and strong and definitely worth giving a chance to see how good he is.

Notable that whilst he missed chances he had excellent chances in almost all the appearances he made. Almost as if his movement is good...

I remember thinking at that time that Long had played a lot of minutes without even a sight of a goalscoring chance. Surely thats not a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    Think iíve found who the French keeper is : Illan Meslier
    Hmmm - he didn't want to join bigger clubs in France last season because he wanted to play week in, week out.

Can't think he'd therefore come here to sit on the bench.

Are we really spending a chunk of our limited budget on a 19 year old keeper to be first choice? Unless Gunn's off (Man City exercised their buy back clause? Home town team Norwich come a-knocking?), that would be a surprising move.

All will be revealed, I guess.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...sly-big-offer/

Might Saints be the reason for Turnbull's move to Celtic hitting problems?

£3m for a young talent seems a bargain and low risk...

Good info on him:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48096622

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Good info on him:

About time we cut Celtic out of the loop

27. Default

Good info on him:

Interesting. We were linked with him earlier this year, I believe. Great stats for a young midfielder, too.

I saw Celtic's statement yesterday about their contract offer which seemed like an unusual move but it needs a better source than Football Insider for me to believe it. So we will have to see if anyone else picks up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faz View Post
    About time we cut Celtic out of the loop
    Funnily enough, I saw an article yesterday musing that we might be able sign Rogic once Celtic signed Turnbull.
    Last edited by SuperSAINT; 15-06-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post

Funnily enough, I saw an article yesterday musing that we might be able sign Rogic once Celtic signed Turnbull.
    We are fooked if thats the calibre of player we are going for...

Football insider also says that Austin & Targett are fancied by Villa.

I hate archers, the archers, and geoffrey archer

Tom Rogic linked today. Personally would be really happy with this- quite low risk in terms of cash to get him I would imagine for a creative attacking midfielder. Did not have the best season for Celtic because of injuries and then came back into the side and was off the pace. But he probably needs a new challenge anyway so the timing would be very good for his career. The talent side is not in question. The biggest question is whether he can get his match fitness to complete 90 minutes and whether he could fit into our pressing game. That bit I am unconvinced about. But he could be our Tadic replacement (a year too late). A bit of pure creativity could really give our squad a boost.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/1...ign-tom-rogic/

Quote Originally Posted by sydney_saint View Post
    Tom Rogic linked today. Personally would be really happy with this- quite low risk in terms of cash to get him I would imagine for a creative attacking midfielder. Did not have the best season for Celtic because of injuries and then came back into the side and was off the pace. But he probably needs a new challenge anyway so the timing would be very good for his career. The talent side is not in question. The biggest question is whether he can get his match fitness to complete 90 minutes and whether he could fit into our pressing game. That bit I am unconvinced about. But he could be our Tadic replacement (a year too late). A bit of pure creativity could really give our squad a boost.

Not even consistent in the SPL and you want him here? lol He is not what we need in more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    Not even consistent in the SPL and you want him here? lol He is not what we need in more ways than one.

But yes, you know very well that for every summer tranfer window we have to buy at least one player who is totally crap. Might as well go for some cheap rubbish from Jockland than waste some serious money as we did with Boufal (who's not crap, just totally inapt for English Football both physically and mentally).

Blog Entries

Are we really this skint ?

Quote Originally Posted by Smirking_Saint View Post
    Are we really this skint ?
    £34m worth of players signed so far and only 15th June.

I hate archers, the archers, and geoffrey archer

Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    I mean, apart from the last season where he was injured for most of it, he is one of Celtic's most valued players. A look a their forum and their views does not really back up the view he is not consistent (in terms of actual form). Injuries and general fitness are more their concern, but his talent and ability to win big matches is not. If the club decide his fitness is not an issue and can be worked on, then I can see him being an asset here. But maybe I am alone here. I've watched him play loads and is really skilled and talented, more so than Armstrong, and we have a decent record bring in Celtic players
    Last edited by sydney_saint; 15-06-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Technically Ings wasnt 20m as the loan fee would of been included in that.

Also that money will not be paid upfront and will be based on add ons

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza82 View Post
    Technically Ings wasnt 20m as the loan fee would of been included in that.

Also that money will not be paid upfront and will be based on add ons

Like the vast majority of transfers then!

Like the vast majority of transfers then!
    So we haven't spent £34m then like you insinuated

So your point was pretty much pointless when someone asked if we are that skint!

As you well know that the "Vast majority of transfers" are structured in a way that benefits our financial position

Knock off £15m for Gabbi and probably a bit more for the Hoedt/Cedric/Boufal/Clasie/Davis/Carrillo loans.

I'm not saying we're skint but it's hardly as if we've dug deep in our pockets either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza82 View Post
    So we haven't spent £34m then like you insinuated
    Pretty common for media and fans to add up the total value of the transfer regardless of the payment plan. Most transfers if for Saints, Man City, PSG or a League One side will be paid in instalments.

If you buy a house you say you bought it for the total fee you will eventually pay, not your mortgage payment for the year.

Pretty common for media and fans to add up the total value of the transfer regardless of the payment plan. Most transfers if for Saints, Man City, PSG or a League One side will be paid in instalments.

If you buy a house you say you bought it for the total fee you will eventually pay, not your mortgage payment for the year.
    Why are you arguing with yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Why are you arguing with yourself

He's a weird one, like adriansfc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Knock off £15m for Gabbi and probably a bit more for the Hoedt/Cedric/Boufal/Clasie/Davis/Carrillo loans.

I'm not saying we're skint but it's hardly as if we've dug deep in our pockets either.
    Hmmm are you suggesting we should be paying £20+m per player? Or?

Quote Originally Posted by sydney_saint View Post

No thanks. Championship player like Armstrong.

Rogic is a good player, certainly much better than Armstrong. My main reservation over him is he struggles to play 90 minutes.
    Also it's now on the BBC that Turnbull has rejected Celtic's offer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48643240

Turnbull's agent is Liam O'Donnell (well, officially it's the the prolegal group but he heads it up)- same as Armstrong so he's used to dealing with us.

Strictly speaking you would say you bought it for the money you paid plus the money you borrowed, not the total amount you will pay including interest....

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Surely the Ings fee was negotiated and prepared for last year, considering that it was reported as compulsory. It seemed as if it was a case of a ‘loan’ to beat the clock

But if we are saying we’ve spent 34m ‘this year’ I would suggest our scouting department is no better than its been for the past few years, 20m for Ings is daylight robbery and from what Ive seen, read of Djenepo I can’t see him being a regular starter.

Maybe it’s an FFP issue, (which could only be wage based due to our transfer incomings and TV rights over the last 3 years) in which case there is a reset at the start of July, so all being rosy in your world we’ll be fine ?

Alternatively we could have been taken on by a chinese chancer more concerned with milking what is left after Katerina had her share and doing the minimum to keep us in the prem ?

49. Default

Quote Originally Posted by revolution saint View Post
    Turnbull's agent is Liam O'Donnell (well, officially it's the the prolegal group but he heads it up)- same as Armstrong so he's used to dealing with us.
    Interesting. Still no other outlets running the news though.

He suits our criteria, but this relies on FI being right...