Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Wonder if that could be a trade off involving one of their players we were supposedly interested in ( with some £ going their way as well).

This would make sense; According to a journalist on Twitter this morning:

@MartinBowery

It looks like Leeds United defender Pontus Jansson is off to Southampton. I understand a £5 million bid was accepted this evening. #SaintsFC #LUFC

@MartinBowery

It looks like Leeds United defender Pontus Jansson is off to Southampton. I understand a £5 million bid was accepted this evening. #SaintsFC #LUFC

Think he might have fallen out of favour there with the manager after the Villa debacle. Not sure about this though, highly rated 12 months ago but have read some damning comments from last season.

Think he might have fallen out of favour there with the manager after the Villa debacle. Not sure about this though, highly rated 12 months ago but have read some damning comments from last season.

What sort of comments and where from? Has he been sulking a la VvD?

Agree. Certainly always thought our young, 'home-grown' players would be easier to shift than some of the people you mentioned.

Another aspect of any Targett decision might be what Ralph think's of Vokins.

Admittedly not seen much of him, but given his pace might be more of a 'Ralph' left back than Targett is. Whether he's ready to be second choice is another matter..

What sort of comments and where from? Has he been sulking a la VvD?

No sulking, but a couple of comments - possibly quoted on here - over performance and lack of pace. Bit surprising as some of clips seen he looks to have a decent presence and some skill (albeit in the Championship).

At £5m though, probably worth a punt.

@MartinBowery

Wouldnt get carried away just yet, seems this 'source' regularly spouts nonsense

Daniel Sturridge leaving Liverpool at the end of June when his contract expires. If that hasn't got "West Ham" written all over it then I don't know what does.

We’d have been all over it if he was still injured

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@MartinBowery

Would be a decent bit of business for that money. He's their best centre back and has been linked with Benfica. However he only recently said he's happy to stay next season. But at 28 would he be tempted to jump to the highest level...

@MartinBowery

Note.

If you want to work out if someone is a real or a fake freelance journalist on twitter theres a simple test.

If someone purports to be a freelance writer, search for them on google / bing. If no freelance writing comes up for their name then they're unlikely to actually be a freelance writer or journalist.

@MartinBowery

He’s 100% fake.

Not predicted anything correct in one year and counting.

No idea on validity of reporter (he does have a blue tick on Twitter) but:

@svenclaes: Southampton have agreed terms with Mali forward Moussa Djenepo (20) from Standard de Liège. (with @bfaesen) #saintsfc

Fee: €12M + bonuses

Contract: 5 years

Medicals today in Paris

I dunno he's in the UAE preparing for the Africon in Egypt in a couple of weeks.

Why would we do medicals in Paris rather than Dubai ?

Very good point. You surely don't stick a footballer on a 7 hour flight for a medical when you can get to him. I'm taking the rumour with a pinch of salt.

All very hype this morning. Links to Lookman, Adams and looks like we have Djenepo tied up, and for much cheaper than previously thought. Shame we won't get Augustin as I like that type of striker but those three plus redmond, jwp, ings and boufal should mean with have a goal in us now. Don't want any more than 3 new attacking players, as proven by Everton we'd have serious issues with gelling.

Just need one really good cb and a competition rb to be sorted. Also to sell like 11 players (Stephens, hoedt, Forster, Targett, Reed, clasie, Elyounoussi, Austin, long, gallagher, cedric)

So then we will have:

Gunn

Mccarthy

Valery Bednarek Vestergaard bertrand

New rb yoshida. New cb. Volkins

Lemina Hojberg

Romeu JWP

JWP. Djenepo

Lookman. Boufal/Armstrong

Adams redmond

Ings. Djenepo/boufal/obafemi

Good depth there, could maybe do with lb competition too.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

I've heard rumours of a press conference in the next 24 hours, also an experienced 6'-4" international centre back from a Championship club. I know the name but my contact wouldn't tell me unless I guaranteed not to divulge it. He looks interesting if true. The source works at the club. The press conference could well be Djenepo.

I've heard rumours of a press conference in the next 24 hours, also an experienced 6'-4" international centre back from a Championship club. I know the name but my contact wouldn't tell me unless I guaranteed not to divulge it. He looks interesting if true. The source works at the club. The press conference could well be Djenepo.
Pontas Jansson by any chance

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

which bit of "I guaranteed not to divulge" didnt you quite grasp ?

He aint gonna tall ya !

*****!

6' 4" Pontas Jansson linked yesterday.

Where was I asking him to tell me?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out [emoji849]

which bit of "I guaranteed not to divulge" didnt you quite grasp ?

He aint gonna tall ya !

A promise is a promise. The other things we spoke about was Reed, Gallagher, Carillo available but Boufal still interesting Celta Vigo and could possibly stay there. Never mentioned Stephens to Leeds but that would be a good move for him. I think we have a long list of players that don't really fit and are available. I think some will be really difficult to shift without subsidising the cost.

From the Echo article on Djenepo. A big blow to the peeps who think we have the funds.

Djenepo is unlikely to be the final attacking addition to the squad for Hasenhuttl who is also believed to want to bring another striker into the club if the right opportunity arises.

However, the theme of this summer remains that Saints need to move players on in order to free up funds for further moves.

Pontuss Jansen from Leeds

Pontuss Jansen from Leeds

I can't think of any other possible candidates unless we have smoked a lot of funny stuff and gone in for WBA's Dawson..

Shame in a way as if we were doing business with Leeds I would far prefer we pursued Kalvin Phillips but hey ho

I can't think of any other possible candidates unless we have smoked a lot of funny stuff and gone in for WBA's Dawson..

Shame in a way as if we were doing business with Leeds I would far prefer we pursued Kalvin Phillips but hey ho

It's a good fit, we've been in for him before and I imagine he probably wants to get to a Prem side before it's too late.

Hopefully this means Stephens is off.

Can we not ask him if its Jansson. Did you all not understand when he said he wont say anymore.

Come on Beatlesaint police this correctly! [emoji849]

yeah terribly sorry for pointing out that the very next post under where he said he couldnt divulge the name came the question "Pontas Jansson by any chance" :D

Do we call "press conferences" when we sign a player?

Is Terry Hurlock going to jump out the back of a Transit and give The Echo an exclusive?

Think Tadanari Lee was the last one.

It can go alongside double signings, swap deals and 'unveiling' signings at a kit launch as things that people mention which never happen.

Is Terry Hurlock going to jump out the back of a Transit and give The Echo an exclusive?

Those were the days! Under the new set up wee Ross is going to pipe the new signings into the press conference.

The only ones I can ever remember was Tadanari Lee and Dani Osvaldo. So it's probably a good thing we don't...

May be more to do with getting wages off the books to satisfy FFP ? I seem to recall our wages to turnover is near to 70% but I could be wrong on that?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I would look at it this way - we need to reduce our wage bill massively over the next couple of years.

Seeing as I have absolutely no faith in our owner putting up anything other than a derisory amount of money, here is a simple solution. Put a bid in for £7m for Lyle Taylor at Charlton, looks a quality all round player who scores plenty of goals and create quite a few too. Having seen an interview with him, he speaks really well and seems to have a great attitude on the pitch, he puts in a proper shift but as I say, he scores goals.

For those saying he was in League 1 last season, I would say we got Rickie Lambert from league one and that didn't turn out too badly even when we got to the Premier League. Sometimes there are gems in the lower leagues and it just needs someone to take a gamble on them. I still say he would be an upgrade on Long and Austin so is better than what we have already - therefore, we would be improving the squad. Yes, the fact he is 29 is possibly the one negative that I can think of but a bid of less than £10m would be a gamble well worth it if you ask me - better than wasting £20m on the likes of Carillo and Boufal, not to mention Hoedt at the back too.

Once again, before anyone shouts me down and says he's not good enough for us, I'm being realistic in what we could afford as personally and call me cynical if you like, I don't think this chairman has any interest in actually helping our manager with decent funds to spend. After all, if we were really going to spend decent money, we would stop offering silly amounts like the bid for Che Adams that we all know are going to be turned down and just go in with a firm offer of £12m minimum.

Pontus Jansson christ he was the leeds player that didnt want villa to walk in the equaliser what a ****....

Wasn't he also the one that sat on his own against the advertising hoarding for ages after final whistle when Villa knocked them, looking near to tears.

Sooner have that than see our players laughing and joking with the opposition after another defeat before they've even left the pitch.

#winner

Pontus Jansson christ he was the leeds player that didnt want villa to walk in the equaliser what a ****....

You mean the goal that stopped them having any chance of getting promoted automatically? Yeah, I would have been very p'd off too!

I would be very happy with Jansson as a replacement for Hoedt or Stephens.