Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Board bottling it........

Personally we **** up this window like we did Jan, Ralph won't hang about.

I totally agree with you. Little snippets of information feel like they’re going back on their word & promises to Ralph and I hope I am wrong because, as you say, he won’t hang around and there will be a number of clubs more than willing to back him up with a transfer kitty from the television money or their past player sales. A man of his calibre won’t wait long. He will go on and get some other Premier League club into the top six and we will moan but we deserve all we get. Since Cortese left, so did our ambition. We went back to the days of being mediocre & incompetent FC. The feeder club.

hardly surprising that saints will struggle to get deals over the line till nearer the end of the window. players will only look at the money on the table and the success (****show) of the club in recent years and think they can get a better deal at another club. the club have always struggled to sign big players early on exactly for this reason. dont know why some expect different all of a sudden

Don't think this will impact us if we are looking to business with Leipzig too much (unless yhe players he didnt like decide to remain) but Rangwick has resigned at RB and will now become boss of Red Bull football.

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/750264/artikel_rangnick-verlaesst-rb-leipzig-und-wird-fussball-chef-bei-red-bull.html

Don't think this will impact us if we are looking to business with Leipzig too much (unless yhe players he didnt like decide to remain) but Rangwick has resigned at RB and will now become boss of Red Bull football.

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/750264/artikel_rangnick-verlaesst-rb-leipzig-und-wird-fussball-chef-bei-red-bull.html

Has been known and in the pipeline for a year. Nagelsmann is taking over. Id imagine, given the time in what it has been known he will be manager, both players and manager will have a good idea of who is/isn’t wanted.

Has been known and in the pipeline for a year. Nagelsmann is taking over. Id imagine, given the time in what it has been known he will be manager, both players and manager will have a good idea of who is/isn’t wanted.
Ah got you you, thought he was just moving back upstairs to his original role.

Fulham want Targett again according to SSN.

Personally I think somehwere around £12m would represent a fair deal.

Just don't think he is quite up to PL level as he lacks that yard of pace, especially in a back four and that is unlikely to change.

Ultimately every time Bertrand returns after injury it massively improves us and Targett needs regular football which we can't give him.

Just don't think he is quite up to PL level as he lacks that yard of pace, especially in a back four and that is unlikely to change.

Ultimately every time Bertrand returns after injury it massively improves us and Targett needs regular football which we can't give him.

Don't think Bertrand improved us at all when he came back... still living off his form a couple of years ago

Don't think Bertrand improved us at all when he came back... still living off his form a couple of years ago

This I would agree with. I thought Targett did really well when he played: certainly better than Bertrand who has not been in good form for 2 years now.

I totally agree with you. Little snippets of information feel like they’re going back on their word & promises to Ralph and I hope I am wrong because, as you say, he won’t hang around and there will be a number of clubs more than willing to back him up with a transfer kitty from the television money or their past player sales. A man of his calibre won’t wait long. He will go on and get some other Premier League club into the top six and we will moan but we deserve all we get. Since Cortese left, so did our ambition. We went back to the days of being mediocre & incompetent FC. The feeder club.

The old hinting at being ITK whilst actually knowing **** all followed by a vague grim prediction routine.

Take it and run. Good player but not top half PL standard if thats our target. Particularly if Vokins is being earmarked as future potential, playing backup to Bertrand will help him

Speaking to a family member of his, he will go if offered football. Growing frustrated at lack of it at Saints.

Good Luck to him

Speaking to a family member of his, he will go if offered football. Growing frustrated at lack of it at Saints.

Good Luck to him

If we sell him to another Prem side I guarantee within half a season people on here will be moaning that he is performing better than bertrand.

If we sell him to another Prem side I guarantee within half a season people on here will be moaning that he is performing better than bertrand.

They are doing that already. I must go to different games to half the people on here, Tigz is championship level, Bertrand is Premiership. But i think because Bertrand isnt "one of our own" it doesn't matter if he is Prime Ashley Cole, Targett gets a score of 7-10 every game for having "one of our own" attribute.

Clown Fans.

This I would agree with. I thought Targett did really well when he played: certainly better than Bertrand who has not been in good form for 2 years now.

He was going to leave the summer we sacked Puel, but sackings Puel convinced him to stay.

We’ve had 2 pathetic managers with lack of any plan in that time and Bertrand (along with everyone else) have looked below par.

Bertrand is significantly better than Targett. Target is just slightly too limited to be a PL player, imo. Good luck to him but time to move on.

They are doing that already. I must go to different games to half the people on here, Tigz is championship level, Bertrand is Premiership. But i think because Bertrand isnt "one of our own" it doesn't matter if he is Prime Ashley Cole, Targett gets a score of 7-10 every game for having "one of our own" attribute.

Clown Fans.

Tigz :lol:

Clown Fans.

Agree with this completely. Bert is a much better player than targett IMO. A lack pace is the missing ingredient.

Clown Fans.

No such thing as the Premiership.

Are Championship level full backs going at £12m these days?

This. He'll never be quick enough to be a successful full back in the Premier League. Some attributes you just can't compromise on in certain positions.

As long as Bertrand is over his lingering back problems (and wants to be here), getting around £15m for a back up player represents decent business.

Vokins has regularly been training with the first team since Hasenhuttl came in, and I don't think he's looked any less "ready" to play than Valery did in the u23 games I've seen. Don't forget McQueen should be back to fitness soon, so we wouldn't be entirely in the lurch.

Reinvest the money elsewhere, where it's really needed. And it is really needed.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Clown Fans.

100% agree with this.

If as we all suspect it is going to be a difficult window in getting rid of the deadwood (Carillo, Hoedt, Forster etc), getting £12-15m for a back-up left back is probably a wise decision; we'll probably need a new LB next summer anyway especially as Bertrand is probably going to be gone, given he'll have a year left. That's only a guess on my part though.

This. He'll never be quick enough to be a successful full back in the Premier League. Some attributes you just can't compromise on in certain positions.

As long as Bertrand is over his lingering back problems (and wants to be here), getting around £15m for a back up player represents decent business.

Vokins has regularly been training with the first team since Hasenhuttl came in, and I don't think he's looked any less "ready" to play than Valery did in the u23 games I've seen. Don't forget McQueen should be back to fitness soon, so we wouldn't be entirely in the lurch.

Reinvest the money elsewhere, where it's really needed. And it is really needed.

Do you really think Fulham will offer £15m for Targett though? That is a remarkable amount of money for championship side [even one with parachutes] to spend on a fullback. They’ll offer us circa £5m with a promo clause.

If as we all suspect it is going to be a difficult window in getting rid of the deadwood (Carillo, Hoedt, Forster etc), getting £12-15m for a back-up left back is probably a wise decision; we'll probably need a new LB next summer anyway especially as Bertrand is probably going to be gone, given he'll have a year left. That's only a guess on my part though.

Agree. Certainly always thought our young, 'home-grown' players would be easier to shift than some of the people you mentioned.

Another aspect of any Targett decision might be what Ralph think's of Vokins.

I think it's time to do the right thing for the player's career. Fulham wanted to buy him for £10M (or was it £15M?) a year ago, but we chose to retain him. He hasn't had the chance (or been able, depending on your viewpoint) to become first choice, so getting 5 games a season is no good for his development. He does need to be first choice somewhere. However, as Labibs comments above, I fear their offer now will be in the range of £5M-10M.

At £10M upwards, we should sell him for the player's sake.

Targett is lightweight and average in all departments, apart from crossing where he slightly above average. Would snap Fulham's hand off for anything close to 12mil!

He is; one gets the impression that he isn't all that bright, which is maybe the reason he never seems to improve.

I have never seen young Vokins play.

I assume he is quicker than MT at least, but is he a potential "real deal" for us in perhaps a similar trajectory to Luke Shaw?

Vokins isn't very tall and he's not precisely a unit either. Looks a decent defender on the deck but might struggle a bit in the air. Never seemed a particularly powerful athlete but seemed to be pretty agile and have a good change of pace and a good left foot.

He's certainly not another Shaw or even a Valery, but seems to be pretty good on the ball and he takes up good defensive positions for a young player.

There's an academy spot on him:

Jack Stephens is talking to Leeds according to my work colleague who's friends with his dad.

his Dad is a Leeds fan, his family all Leeds fans and Jack himself is a Leeds fan. Might be true, or might just be a little of 2+2=5.

Makes complete sense to move Targett on if we get a reasonable bid from Fulham imo.

sell Targett, buy Ryan Sessegnon, or Jamal Lewis, or Justin Jones or anyone with Targett's first touch and Bertrand's pace

his Dad is a Leeds fan, his family all Leeds fans and Jack himself is a Leeds fan. Might be true, or might just be a little of 2+2=5.

OUTRAGEOUS, HE SHOULD ONLY SUPPORT SAINTS.

GET HIM OUT OF CLUB WITH AUSTIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Stephens is talking to Leeds according to my work colleague who's friends with his dad.

Wonder if that could be a trade off involving one of their players we were supposedly interested in ( with some £ going their way as well).

Please please let this be true.

He does follow Leeds on Twitter, one of very few clubs he does actually. So going by that if he leaves and it’s not for Leeds he’s going to Barcelona....or Coventry ;) you heard it here first :smug:

Edited by beatlesaint

Carrillo, Stephens and Targett moving on would be a positive start, although wish them all well. Targett is an excellent Championship full back but pace of the game is very quick in the PL. He’s had some good games but not consistently threatened to unseat Bertrand even though Ryan hasn’t been on top form himself, being a bit frustrated with the last two managers.

What’s surprised me is the lack of interest in Cedric. Not sure he’s totally suited to the PL and on a fair old wedge allegedly but less than £10m for a 28 year old Euros winner with lots of top flight experience in today’s market has got to be a worth a punt for a decent club in another league.

Boufal Ralph wants to look at but could be another asset who might have buyers. Didn’t do too bad at Celta. I know Sisto didn’t get back in Celta’s side last season, and quite a few fans would have liked to have bought him here.

Forster, Moi and Hoedt are going to be a nightmare to shift though. Even Liverpool would struggle to sell them.

Brian was a Rangers Fan

Now you mention it, I recall that being put on here.

If we're solely looking at signing Saints supporters then perhaps its return of Andrew Surman and Wayne Bridge coming out of retirement.