Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2494

Thread: January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

Ralph to speak with KWP this week according to Pete O'Rourke:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/t...ubs-this-week/

Mourinho has let a lot of good players leave who go on to better things. Personally I'd put more faith in the fact Poch rated him.

But what does it mean for Valery? Would Cedric leave? Valery loaned out or sold?

KWP feels like more of a summer signing if Cedric goes. We don't want to instantly disrupt the back 4 and KWP wants to move to play.

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    After our early season form I think we would all have liked to have seen a defender or two come in early in January. However as we are currently 3 wins from 3 this calendar year, I think the club has bought themselves some breathing space. As long as a player or two is in by February 1st, the second half of the season we will be stronger.
    Agreed. As long as a player or arrives before the window shuts, we should be ok.

I've been considering all this Leeds interest and Bielsa talk. If Bielsa is so keen on Che Adams that Leeds have made him their number one target, it should give us enough reason enough to hang onto him. Bielsa is no fool. A genuine workaholic genius in my eyes. He has also shown recently that he's finding his feet as the winning goal at Leicester proved. If we cash in on Adams purely for the sake of money (with no upgrade) then we truly are an idiotic club.

Losing Adams would be a big mistake. The more I reflect, the more I feel Leeds interest should alert us to the skills of Adams. He may not have scored but heís been an important part of our turnaround, as has been Armstrong and Long

Adams retains the ball really well & appears to have a good brain. We need to keep all of the above and concentrate on a proven CB and cover for full back positions in my opinion. Stephens & Bednarek have finally formed a convincing partnership, but I fear we still lack a really top CB to Marshall the defence properly.
    A commanding voice at the base of the midfield (address that in summer) should be our second priority. Full back positions are essential as we are always one injury away from a crisis. If key players in key positions in which we are thin in depth (i.e. Ings, Soares or Bertrand), we could easily slip back into the doldrums. Just a thought.

That is all. I was also trying to be concise

Quote Originally Posted by Marsdinho View Post
    The last few summers would suggest otherwise!
    I said decent! I think/hope hope hope we've learned out lesson.

But who knows. I trust Ralph more anyway. Ings signing good, I still don't mind Adams and he's not that pricy in todays market really. Not all signings the last few years have been poor either, Armstrong, Djenepo, Bednarek all good.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Mourinho has let a lot of good players leave who go on to better things. Personally I'd put more faith in the fact Poch rated him.

But what does it mean for Valery? Would Cedric leave? Valery loaned out or sold?

KWP feels like more of a summer signing if Cedric goes. We don't want to instantly disrupt the back 4 and KWP wants to move to play.
    To be honest if KWP is signed now as a loan with option to buy, it would make more sense to let Cedric leave now (assuming Cedric is still committed to leaving at end of season anyway). That way Ralph will see enough of him in action to decide whether to sign permanently. Obviously also depends what's going on with Valery's fitness.

From a selfish short term fan view, I would prefer if Cedric stayed as we seem to have finally sorted the defence for now. But probably makes more sense strategically to plan ahead if he's off.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Is it wise to have all these "WPs" in the team? We have a JWP and now possibly a KWP. I hope those in charge of recruitment will continue to build our team working through the rest of the alphabet for other WPs. I also have to question what happened to AWP through to IWP.

Don't forget we had a BWP... does his brother still play?

Quote Originally Posted by 31cc View Post
    Don't forget we had a BWP... does his brother still play?
    Aha! Good point. Any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Ralph to speak with KWP this week according to Pete O'Rourke:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/t...ubs-this-week/
    I really hope this is not true. Such a downgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    Personally would not be a fan of that. Don't rate him and think he isn't quick enough for the PL.

Would have to question why Fulham would sell their main LB for a relatively paltry £7m.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Personally would not be a fan of that. Don't rate him and think he isn't quick enough for the PL.

Would have to question why Fulham would sell their main LB for a relatively paltry £7m.
    Everton get Lucas Digne, we get Joe Bryan. There's a gulf in quality between those two signings. Bertrand has been one of our best ever left backs - we need someone as good as him in the future or we are going to struggle. Again. Penny-pinching will cost us long term.

Everton get Lucas Digne, we get Joe Bryan. There's a gulf in quality between those two signings. Bertrand has been one of our best ever left backs - we need someone as good as him in the future or we are going to struggle. Again. Penny-pinching will cost us long term.
    I would question your assessment of Digne, cos he hasn't looked that great on the occasions I've watched him, but I agree we should be looking at better than this lad from Fulham. With him on the left and KWP on the right, we would be looking at a significant downgrade on what we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    When they came up, Fulham wanted Targett and when they couldnít get him, they settled for Bryan. If we sell Targett and poss Bertrand (in the summer) and end up with Bryan as first choice, thatís look like poor planning.

He was very well respected when at Bristol City, but was pretty rubbish in his only premier league season and is part of a shaky Fulham defence in the Champo

Bryan would be an awful signing in my opinion. He has a decent cross on him, but that is about it. Can you imagine if we had him LB and Cedric RB, would be the smallest full backs in the league. Teams already target Cedric every game with his lack of height.

Walker-Peters would be an excellent loan with an option to buy. He can play both flanks and i've been impressed by him when I have seen him play for Spurs.

Alex Crook : Can confirm #THFC defender Kyle Walker-Peters is on #SaintsFC list of transfer window targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully walker Peters stuff is complete nonsense.
    Either that or we get lucky and he goes to palace.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    Hopefully walker Peters stuff is complete nonsense.
    Either that or we get lucky and he goes to palace.
    Is it a loan? “Come & sit in the bench for 6 months” isn’t a great pitch.

19. Default

Kicker says Pongracic has signed Wolfsburg for under 10m euros. Shame if we missed out on a long term target.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TWar View Post
    Kicker says Pongracic has signed Wolfsburg for under 10m euros. Shame if we missed out on a long term target.

The report says Hasenhuttl really tried to get him in the summer, but that we are no longer interested now.

Did he rate him though? I don't remember there being much confidence shown in him by Poch in more recent times?
    I'd hope its a loan with a view to buy. Thats a win win for us. He then has the chance to dislodge Cedric during the loan. If he cant at least push him close, then perhaps he is not the guy we need long term.
    Last edited by Chez; 14-01-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Alex Crook : Can confirm #THFC defender Kyle Walker-Peters is on #SaintsFC list of transfer window targets.

does SFC or THFC tell Crook anything? Could be the agent being busy promoting/touting his client. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    does SFC or THFC tell Crook anything? Could be the agent being busy promoting/touting his client. Time will tell.
    He said later nothing agreed or even close so hopefully better targets he canít even get picked over this youngster tonight

The club don't reveal things to Crook. His surname is apt, he copies/pastes from other sources or makes things up

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    The club don't reveal things to Crook. His surname is apt, he copies/pastes from other sources or makes things up
    How would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Who said they did? I just posted what he said on Twitter. The only 100% is the OS.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

He said later nothing agreed or even close so hopefully better targets he can’t even get picked over this youngster tonight

If they do want to sell him why make him cup tied or leave him open to injury?

KWP would be a good signing IMO. Can play LB almost as well as RB, is fast, good one vs one and still very young. We have been linked the last few windows so have probably followed him for a while.

He needs game time but could develop into a good player. Has played well for the England age group teams that are of a high level. A loan with a reasonably priced option would be ideal.

Bryan - as a second choice maybe, but with Vokins emerging and Bertrand a far superior player, I don't like this one. He is 26 so presumbly wants to play frequently. Fulham fans don't rate him. Hopefully his Agent is trying to drum up interest in him.

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    If they do want to sell him why make him cup tied or leave him open to injury?
    Agreed but how do teams watch him and decide if not playing he is not even on bench? Players get injured in training or u23s.
    We are selling Adams and he gets brought on ;-)
    Anyway not sure this is a goer anyway Levy will want a fortune he always does

30. Default

Thought we'd be in for Maehle having been closely linked twice before. Perhaps this potential signing is a victim of Gao being cash strapped.

KWP - has any signing from Spurs been that good for us ?

LB - the Dutch lad sounded a good prospect, although something didn't stack up there as to why PSG might let him go. Joe Bryan hasn't set the world alight at Fulham despite being rated at Bristol City. We should be aiming higher, although I doubyt we'd be looking to shell out £7m on him.

I don’t think bringing in the new right back will make any difference, it will improve the squad to have a ball winning RB no doubt.

Very good point about having more faith in Poch that Moany-yo-yo. If Jose doesn’t want KWP, there’s a good chance that he’s a bloody good player and, as you say, i’d much rather trust the judgement of Mauricio Pochettino rather than Josť Mourinho. Look at Jose’s record:

Mo Salah, Mata, Robben, Lukaku, Kevin De Bruyne...

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Thought we'd be in for Maehle having been closely linked twice before. Perhaps this potential signing is a victim of Gao being cash strapped.

KWP - has any signing from Spurs been that good for us ?

LB - the Dutch lad sounded a good prospect, although something didn't stack up there as to why PSG might let him go. Joe Bryan hasn't set the world alight at Fulham despite being rated at Bristol City. We should be aiming higher, although I doubyt we'd be looking to shell out £7m on him.
    Tommy Forecast. Pekhart. Lowe turned them from youth rejects with no discernible talent into worldbeaters. At least we didn’t waste anything like football’s world record transfer fee sell on clause for them.

Oh, wait.....

I can’t say why, just instinct, but I really like the sound of Maehle. Having said that, I was really keen on & a big advocate for Clasie and I was supremely chuffed for the ambition our old board showed in signing Gaston Ramirez but that didn’t work well did it?! I don’t know why but I wasn’t keen on the PSG guy recently touted. I’ve now completely forgot but who was the guy that was offered to clubs? I would be immediately suspicious when any club offer out a player to other clubs.

What a depressing quality of player we are being linked to. £35m not looking too true, is it?

34. Default

Confirmed here: https://twitter.com/RedBullSalzburg/...70972682178560

35. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    What a depressing quality of player we are being linked to. £35m not looking too true, is it?
    It's almost as if that claim came from the Daily Express...

Quote Originally Posted by GGalpin View Post
    Have we been linked with any other centre backs? I can’t think of many. I thought Pongracic was a decent fit for us on paper, young, shown how good he is at Salzburg, inexpensive, has worked with Ralph etc. Hey ho, we move on.

It definitely seems like we’re penny pinching, I just hope it doesn’t pee Ralph off to the extent he wants out.

37. Default

Walker-Peters and Bryan not filling me with confidence at all, that sounds like a Championship fullback pairing right there.

As back ups, maybe, but first choice is worrying.

Also people saying KWP was rated by Poch, well he played the first 3 games of the season and then didn't play again, Poch even played Foyth at right back, who is a centre-back rather than KWP, which is very worrying.

A player that can't dislodge the error prone Aurier is a worry IMO.

Neither Poch OR Mourinho seem to want to play him.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Have we been linked with any other centre backs? I can’t think of many. I thought Pongracic was a decent fit for us on paper, young, shown how good he is at Salzburg, inexpensive, has worked with Ralph etc. Hey ho, we move on.

It definitely seems like we’re penny pinching, I just hope it doesn’t pee Ralph off to the extent he wants out.
    Ralph himself says they are looking for full backs and didn’t mention a CH. Do we know that we were actually looking at this guy? Ralph also said again that he knows what the situation is regarding transfers so I don’t think he is going to up sticks and go because of this. If he was he would have gone before.

also hope that he is not using Che as a test to the board

40. Default

I'd imagine the Vestergaard loan falling through ment it wasn't neccesary to sign a cb now and that we can wait for the summer. I don't see an issue with this personally, the market will be better in the summer. Bring in a cover lb and a competitive rb and I think we are fine.

41. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Ralph himself says they are looking for full backs and didnít mention a CH. Do we know that we were actually looking at this guy? Ralph also said again that he knows what the situation is regarding transfers so I donít think he is going to up sticks and go because of this. If he was he would have gone before.
    Our cb's in contract at the end of the season = Bednarek, Stephens, Vestergaard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Our cb's in contract at the end of the season = Bednarek, Stephens, Vestergaard.
    not forgetting Hoedt, Klarer and Ramsay

43. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Don't forget Hoedt! I imagine we will get someone over the summer but for the next few months Stephens, Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard and Danso is probably fine.

.... but for the next few months Stephens, Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard and Danso is probably fine.
    It has to be.

Just wondering if that one that is over the line is over the line yet

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Just wondering if that one that is over the line is over the line yet

You know the law, it's the whole of the player over the whole of the line.........

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    Walker-Peters and Bryan not filling me with confidence at all, that sounds like a Championship fullback pairing right there.

As back ups, maybe, but first choice is worrying.

Also people saying KWP was rated by Poch, well he played the first 3 games of the season and then didn't play again, Poch even played Foyth at right back, who is a centre-back rather than KWP, which is very worrying.

A player that can't dislodge the error prone Aurier is a worry IMO.

Neither Poch OR Mourinho seem to want to play him.
    Setting up 3 assists in a match isn't bad and I'd rather trust Poch. Not so with Mourinho. He cast off Salah, Lukakku, Robben, Mata and De Bruyne to name a few. The fact he doesn't want KWP can almost be seen as a blessing considering his track record!! LOL

Don't forget Hoedt! I imagine we will get someone over the summer but for the next few months Stephens, Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard and Danso is probably fine.
    Quite simply we have to hope the Stephens/Bednarek partnership doesn't suffer from illness/injury/suspension. Who's third choice? Judging from recent benches it's Yoshi and he's not exactly had much game time since the Leicester thrashing. Part of me really wants to see what Danso has to offer in his actual position of centre back, but I think chances will be few and far between now - especially as it's Spurs we have in the cup and not, say, Rochdale where we could have tried him out. I really don't think we'll be seeing much of Vestergaard now, unless in an emergency.

I like the look of the two players we are in for, they look like the type of players saints scout. I think they could do a good job for us, both have a good cross, have pace, look sharp in a tackle, only fear is there height, bit like what we have at present we get targeted by teams every game for this. Anyway, time will tell.

50. Default

After his comments a couple of weeks ago. Hoedt is a write off.