Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 385

Thread: Che Adams

  1. #101

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    As i said in an earlier thread, Summer of 2020 is really the summer where we will be able to remodel our squad
    .... and very dependent on what division we are in! I agree with you though, and personally I think we will be OK, just.


  2. #103

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    10,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint97 View Post
    Swear our fans genuinely enjoy writing players off, it's embarrassing.

    Che will come good, he just needs a run of games.

    Thought he was excellent at Sheffield United away and he gave Matip a really tough game at SMS who had been superb for Liverpool this season until his injury.
    Totally agree. Just needs a run. It's not as if he has missed loads of easy chances. He's been playing while we were shiitte too. Works hard. Is strong. Will be good support for Ings, who needs wrapping in cotton wool. Would be madness to let him go unless can recall him anytime


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #104

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Depends if you want to look like an idiot or not. Or learn from every other player you've written off for taking time or hitting poor form, which is most players.

    He might be good he might not but he's a striker on a bad run across two clubs. That won't go on forever. You can just watch him and assess if you think he has the right attributes, same as the rest of us. I give him more time because I've seen countless players improve and adjust, even into a second season.
    how long adrian? or should we just buy our way out of this mess, like you have been suggesting lately?

  4. #105

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    @matsmithdesign
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Interesting to see RH admit Adams is unhappy, hopefully that will change with a start and goal against the "udders

  5. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattio View Post
    Interesting to see RH admit Adams is unhappy, hopefully that will change with a start and goal against the "udders
    unhappy at not being in the side and unhappy at not scoring goals. Good. We dont want players that don't feel like that. Whether that means he is unhappy at his situation at Saints nd wants a move I am not so sure. Also not sure a game in the FA Cup will resolve things.

  6. #107

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    10,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattio View Post
    Interesting to see RH admit Adams is unhappy, hopefully that will change with a start and goal against the "udders
    Ralph could have helped that situation by better man management in bringing him on instead of Obafemi. (Who was not good at all). Just a thought.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Ralph could have helped that situation by better man management in bringing him on instead of Obafemi. (Who was not good at all). Just a thought.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure he had his reasons why he used a particular sub combination.

  8. #109

    Default

    Another way of looking at it, if Adams took some chances earlier in the season ings may not have blown up into the potential 20 goal a season striker he’s looking like now..I’m not too fussed if Adams is scoring at the moment as ings is firing hot and just about pairing ings with what gets him the most chances at the moment which may be long

  9. #110

    Default

    Unusual for me perhaps to show patience, but I wouldn't give up on Adams. He's shown some decent qualities but of course not the crucial one of getting the ball in the net... yet. Remember how many wrote Mane off in his first few months.

  10. #111

    Default

    We all thought the Pompey game would be the game to get him started but he probably had his worst game for us. Hopefully he will come good for us but it's a hard league to score goals in.

  11. #112

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    10,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    I'm sure he had his reasons why he used a particular sub combination.
    Sure, I suppose so. I guess it was keeping pace and harrying up front to keep the game stretched, but I doubt whether Adams would have lost it so much. I like Adams' ability to hold the ball up, I must say. He will come good in terms of goals.

  12. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Ralph says Che is going nowhere
    I know, I've seen him play.



    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  13. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Ralph could have helped that situation by better man management in bringing him on instead of Obafemi. (Who was not good at all). Just a thought.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With all due respect that is a rather harsh assessment of Obefemiís performance against Spurs.

  14. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Unusual for me perhaps to show patience, but I wouldn't give up on Adams. He's shown some decent qualities but of course not the crucial one of getting the ball in the net... yet. Remember how many wrote Mane off in his first few months.
    I remember this so well, plenty of people moaning about Mane and Pelle lol crazy when you think about it now

  15. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    Another way of looking at it, if Adams took some chances earlier in the season ings may not have blown up into the potential 20 goal a season striker he’s looking like now..I’m not too fussed if Adams is scoring at the moment as ings is firing hot and just about pairing ings with what gets him the most chances at the moment which may be long
    Nice outlook. We just need Che to catch fire should Ings lose form or get injured.

  16. Default

    It's perfectly acceptable to voice your opinion on a player early on. If for example Adams had scored 15 goals so far this season, would people now be saying "well hang on, give it time, he might turn rubbish yet"?.
    Said it from what I saw of him at Birmingham before we even signed him, I don't think he's good enough. Almost all his goals last season were scuffed in acres of space or terrible defending/keeping. He wouldn't get anywhere near as much space this season and the quality of defending in the prem is infinitely better than in the Championship.
    He'll do an OK job for us, but won't score many (if any) goals and won't even bring more to the team than Shane Long does.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  17. #118

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    It's perfectly acceptable to voice your opinion on a player early on. If for example Adams had scored 15 goals so far this season, would people now be saying "well hang on, give it time, he might turn rubbish yet"?.
    Said it from what I saw of him at Birmingham before we even signed him, I don't think he's good enough. Almost all his goals last season were scuffed in acres of space or terrible defending/keeping. He wouldn't get anywhere near as much space this season and the quality of defending in the prem is infinitely better than in the Championship.
    He'll do an OK job for us, but won't score many (if any) goals and won't even bring more to the team than Shane Long does.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    This is unfortunately what I'm thinking too we have signed a Shane long type player but not as good with even less goals & less pace, it is early days so hope I'm wrong

    Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

  18. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St.JonB View Post
    We all thought the Pompey game would be the game to get him started.
    I suspect he thought so too and put himself under too much pressure. He just needs a goal so he can relax.

  19. #120

    Default

    Well if RH doesn't start him today I think we can safely say that Che will be off in the summer.

    We can't have that amount of cash tied up in a player who isn't going to start against a Championship side..

  20. #121

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,763

    Default

    The signs are not good. We have our own example of Ricky Lambert's to gauge how well Adams should fare in the PL as opposed to the Championship.

    Ricky of course adapted very quickly to every levels at which he played. Goals in his first PL match (ManC - away) and his first appearance in a Three Lions shirt is testimony to that.

    Ricky is the benchmark and Che looks a poor second in comparison. He seems not to have the craft, guile or adaptability for the task that faces him. If Obafemi can show us a moment of magic in otherwise one-dimensional performances then surely Che Adams can show us something. You get runs in teams when you deserve them not because you happen to be on the books and somebody thinks you deserve a chance.

  21. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Well if RH doesn't start him today I think we can safely say that Che will be off in the summer.

    We can't have that amount of cash tied up in a player who isn't going to start against a Championship side..

    If he doesn't start today, then why wait until the summer ? Assuming we can move him on and recover some of our outlay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    The signs are not good. We have our own example of Ricky Lambert's to gauge how well Adams should fare in the PL as opposed to the Championship.

    Ricky of course adapted very quickly to every levels at which he played. Goals in his first PL match (ManC - away) and his first appearance in a Three Lions shirt is testimony to that.

    Ricky is the benchmark and Che looks a poor second in comparison. He seems not to have the craft, guile or adaptability for the task that faces him. If Obafemi can show us a moment of magic in otherwise one-dimensional performances then surely Che Adams can show us something. You get runs in teams when you deserve them not because you happen to be on the books and somebody thinks you deserve a chance.
    Accept your point but RL was a pretty high benchmark to judge against. As great as he was he had the advantage of already being established in a settled side with momentum and confidence when we arrived in the PL.

    Seem to recall Pelle had all of about 40 minutes to convince the home crowd he was an able replacement by the time many had determined he probably wasn't. But we haven't managed to adequately replace Pelle never mind RL.

  22. #123

    Default

    So who would you replace him with?

  23. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    If he doesn't start today, then why wait until the summer ? Assuming we can move him on and recover some of our outlay.
    are there any Championship clubs with £15m to spare in the January window?

  24. #125

    Default

    I don't think he will go in this window, unless of course we have someone lined up to replace him. What if Danny gets injured? Likely, we know..

    Difficult to judge at the moment, a month ago I would happily have sold the lot of them..! The difference in a few weeks is staggering, as we know.

    But is this a false dawn, should we stick with this squad on the basis of the last few weeks...? Or get a CB and midfielder just in case..?

    Who'd be a manger, eh...?

  25. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    The signs are not good. We have our own example of Ricky Lambert's to gauge how well Adams should fare in the PL as opposed to the Championship.

    Ricky of course adapted very quickly to every levels at which he played. Goals in his first PL match (ManC - away) and his first appearance in a Three Lions shirt is testimony to that.

    Ricky is the benchmark and Che looks a poor second in comparison. He seems not to have the craft, guile or adaptability for the task that faces him. If Obafemi can show us a moment of magic in otherwise one-dimensional performances then surely Che Adams can show us something. You get runs in teams when you deserve them not because you happen to be on the books and somebody thinks you deserve a chance.
    Jay Rodriguez might be a better benchmark. He moved from Champ to a 'relatively struggling' Prem side. No familiarity with the other players and the style of play or 30 championship goals in credit like Sir Ricky. He played 35 prem games in the first season and scored 6 goals. My memory isn't the best, but despite doing enough to get the shirt each week, I am not sure he fully convinced Saints fans. Second season in he was an absolute revelation. Stronger, faster, more direct and full of confidence.

  26. #127

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,871
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    The signs are not good. We have our own example of Ricky Lambert's to gauge how well Adams should fare in the PL as opposed to the Championship.

    Ricky of course adapted very quickly to every levels at which he played. Goals in his first PL match (ManC - away) and his first appearance in a Three Lions shirt is testimony to that.

    Ricky is the benchmark and Che looks a poor second in comparison. He seems not to have the craft, guile or adaptability for the task that faces him. If Obafemi can show us a moment of magic in otherwise one-dimensional performances then surely Che Adams can show us something. You get runs in teams when you deserve them not because you happen to be on the books and somebody thinks you deserve a chance.
    If yu are going to use Ricky Lambert as a benchmark then you will wait a long time for a new striker to live up to that. Absolutely ridiculous, bit like Wayne Rooney comparisons, these were exceptional players, the like of which you won't see very often again. One of the reasons they were exceptional was their stature, big physical guys, Rooney especially as a teenager. Che is not meant to be that sort of player. If you want to use a benchmark J Rod is a much better comparison or even Danny Ings (who transitioned to the PL well). Adams will come good, but granted it is a bit frustrating waiting for it to happen.

  27. #128

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,516

    Default

    If he has a stinker today, can the super fans tell us all how he can be judged?

    Ta

  28. #129

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    If he has a stinker today, can the super fans tell us all how he can be judged?

    Ta
    No need as your assessment is the one we wait for

  29. #130

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,516

    Default Che Adams

    F-ing Shyte against huddersfield

  30. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    F-ing Shyte against huddersfield
    He wasn't that good.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  31. #132

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Come back Carillio

  32. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    F-ing Shyte against huddersfield
    Well, controlled the ball and laid it off nicely for the 2nd goal. Overall though I remain to be convinced, and with each game that passes I'm increasingly convinced I never will be.

  33. #134

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,510

    Default

    When reserve academy players score but you can't it's not going to do your confidence any good!

    maybe a loan to the championship would do him good but then he was scoring in the championship be fore he came here & couldn't repeat it, prooves that it's a huge step up. Still prepared to give him more time but not confident he can make the grade

    Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

  34. #135

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    F-ing Shyte against huddersfield
    And there it is

  35. #136

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,510

    Default

    Btw was it RH himself that wanted to sign Adams or Ross Wilson?

    Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

  36. #137

    Default

    Watched him closely seems to lacking something like isn't direct enough at getting into the box? Can't shoot.... Only thing he seems to be able to do is hold the ball up sometimes... Am I missing something here? seems pretty crap.

  37. Default

    If we bring a new striker in then he can go out on loan. Otherwise we can't afford to.

  38. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    Watched him closely seems to lacking something like isn't direct enough at getting into the box? Can't shoot.... Only thing he seems to be able to do is hold the ball up sometimes... Am I missing something here? seems pretty crap.
    No, you ain't missing anything. That's exactly what I saw and have been seeing all season.

  39. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    Watched him closely seems to lacking something like isn't direct enough at getting into the box? Can't shoot.... Only thing he seems to be able to do is hold the ball up sometimes... Am I missing something here? seems pretty crap.
    Whenever I’ve seen him it looks to me like he hides a little. What I mean is he looks like he gets in decent positions but isn’t available to receive a pass so isn’t an option for whoever has the ball.

  40. #141

    Default Che Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    F-ing Shyte against huddersfield
    Were you waiting for 90 mins to post that ? I can feel your excitement


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  41. #142

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sussex - previously New Milton & Kingsclere
    Posts
    3,789

    Default

    Adams' lack of a goal is difficult to explain because at Birmingham he showed he could strike on target when an opportunity came. That his scoring record was in the Championship can't be the whole answer because chances have fallen to him, that last season he would have put away. He must feel very frustrated after today's game against Huddersfield, with Smallbone and Vokins both scoring. A case for an arm around the shoulder by the manager,

  42. #143

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Were you waiting for 90 mins to post that ? I can feel your excitement


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    how d'you think he got on?

  43. #144

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Garden of Engerland
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    He needs more time, his confidence is shot, shooting directly at the keeper is a symptom of this. Wasn't Stephens written off by many and he is now central to our revival.

  44. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    how d'you think he got on?
    For the service he got ok this was never going to be a game he would shine you are to thick too see that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    how d'you think he got on?
    1 Assist...could have been worse.

  46. #147

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    For the service he got ok this was never going to be a game he would shine you are to thick too see that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    why are you being aggressive to me about this?. I hardly the only one suggesting he has been largely crap since being here.
    Play the ball not the man, yes?

  47. #148

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,473

    Default

    Games like today are his big chance to shine. He never looked like scoring, never troubled the keeper, don't think he had a shot. I find it strange that we were very quick to bomb Carrillo out (less than 9 games), but we are willing to persist with Chay. He maybe just devoid of confidence but he needs to start producing more (goals or assists) soon.

    Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

  48. #149

    Default

    First half he had that weak shot from an angle where he really should have cut in back.

  49. #150

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Garden of Engerland
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    why are you being aggressive to me about this?. I hardly the only one suggesting he has been largely crap since being here.
    Play the ball not the man, yes?
    Mate you're always one of the first to write players off, I don't think I've ever seen you back a player going through a rough patch. That's your reputation, own it. Like many others I'm prepared to wait and see with a supporters hope that he will make it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •