The Luke Shaw Rumour thread

Saint Garrett

What bugs more than anything is that he is English. I really don't think I would care half as much if he was any other nationalty. It really gripes to think that as soon as he leaves he will be called in to the full England squad and will develope even further and very one will rave about how good he is is playing for ........?

Make sense?

Yep. Heard programme the other day on the radio and a muppet Spurs fan was going on about great one club men like Gareth Bale...(this was when Real Madrid came calling). Horrible seeing them always moving on...

If we sell to Chelsea eventually, we need to make sure without fail that Lukaku is part of any deal.

I think there are lots of bits and pieces at Chelsea that we'd be interested in. When you look at the sheer number of players they have out on loan and youngsters who are talented but not going to be given their chance, if we could get 2-3 of them as a part of a deal I think we could really benefit in the long-term.

Look at what happened with Matic - went to Benfica as a part of the Luiz deal and then Chelsea spent £20m+ to buy him back a few years later. I'm somewhat resigned to losing Shaw come the summer, but if we can get something like £30m for him it would be great business given the circumstances (and also thanks to Luke himself for signing the 5 year deal last summer when he had no reason to have to).

Look at this list of players alone:

Chalobah

Atsu

Moses

Lukaku

Paizon

Bertrand

Marin

All of them are on loan elsewhere. Maybe for their development, but maybe also because they aren't close enough to the Chelsea first team long-term. Maybe some would have no interest in coming here, but we can try. Wages could be an issue given FFP compliance (and that Shaw won't be on mega-money with us at the moment) but if we just took Chelsea's money alone it may be an opportunity missed.

As I put the barricades up, I'll proffer my thoughts.

Lakuku and Cole in a straight swap for Shaw if we can hold out till the summer. Benefits all round IMO. So what if @therealac3 is past 30, he's still England's #1 in his position and surely the academy has someone in that position lined up that could start offering competition in a year or two. And if Cole's happy with life in the Surrey commuter belt, he doesn't have to move.

If Osvaldo's going and we got lucky and Chelsea don't receive a better offer (long shot considering his form) then Lakuku looks a fine replacement.

All hypotheticals and ridiculous to some but I fear young Shaw is off, it's just a matter of when.

He wants to stay at the club until he's at least 23/24.

That's nice to know (and I am presuming you are ITK - excuse me for not knowing, but there are certain bulls hitters on here who say they are and just spout so much bullocks that some is bound to be true). In all honesty, there really is no need for him to move before that age as he will develop here and have time to carry on elsewhere. We all know that too many younger players go off to bigger clubs and don't fulfil their full potential, and I am sure that many of these players know that, with the latest example being Zaha. The only thing that SFC would want, is that if (or rather, when) he moves on that there is a transfer fee involved.

If he stays he until 23/24 then who knows, maybe a call from Real or Barca might be on the cards. I'd far prefer that than to sell to one of our rivals (!!!).

Ashely Cole will not be part of any swap deal ffs :D

Also, I highly doubt Lukaku will either. I don't think Chelsea will be up for selling him for a start but if they were he'd fetch a similar price to Shaw, so why they'd use him in a deal with us is beyond me. He'd also have his pick of clubs, Champions League ones too, so I doubt would be interested in joining us.

That's nice to know (and I am presuming you are ITK - excuse me for not knowing, but there are certain bulls hitters on here who say they are and just spout so much bullocks that some is bound to be true). In all honesty, there really is no need for him to move before that age as he will develop here and have time to carry on elsewhere. We all know that too many younger players go off to bigger clubs and don't fulfil their full potential, and I am sure that many of these players know that, with the latest example being Zaha. The only thing that SFC would want, is that if (or rather, when) he moves on that there is a transfer fee involved.

If he stays he until 23/24 then who knows, maybe a call from Real or Barca might be on the cards. I'd far prefer that than to sell to one of our rivals (!!!).

Since when have Chelsea been one of our rivals?

I think there are lots of bits and pieces at Chelsea that we'd be interested in. When you look at the sheer number of players they have out on loan and youngsters who are talented but not going to be given their chance, if we could get 2-3 of them as a part of a deal I think we could really benefit in the long-term.

Look at what happened with Matic - went to Benfica as a part of the Luiz deal and then Chelsea spent £20m+ to buy him back a few years later. I'm somewhat resigned to losing Shaw come the summer, but if we can get something like £30m for him it would be great business given the circumstances (and also thanks to Luke himself for signing the 5 year deal last summer when he had no reason to have to).

Look at this list of players alone:

Chalobah

Atsu

Moses

Lukaku

Paizon

Bertrand

Marin

All of them are on loan elsewhere. Maybe for their development, but maybe also because they aren't close enough to the Chelsea first team long-term. Maybe some would have no interest in coming here, but we can try. Wages could be an issue given FFP compliance (and that Shaw won't be on mega-money with us at the moment) but if we just took Chelsea's money alone it may be an opportunity missed.

I'd take Thibaut Courtois in a heartbeat. A top goalkeeper, who's been plying his trade in Spain with Athletico Madrid with much success. 6'6'' 21 year old goalkeeper. I'm not saying we'd get him, I think he's destined to join Athletico full time if Chelsea stand by Cech, but of all Chelsea's players that aren't in their first team squad, he's the one I'd have. Yes to Lukaku too, but surely Chelsea can't overlook him for another season? He's Drogba-esque, and IMO a big upgrade on Demba Ba.

I suppose it depends on how good Targett is rumoured to be. If we lose Shaw in the summer (which I think is highly likely if the offer is big enough) then we should bring in a top left back, have Targett as back up/fighting for a first team spot, and sell Fox.

@FootieWriter: I've got some Luke Shaw related transfer news coming up this evening. Busy day!

Stay tuned. #MUFC #CFC #Saints

This was re-tweeted by The Secret Footballer

There are 100's of these types on Twitter.

Much like some of the resident planks on here - throw enough sh!t at the wall, some of it will stick.

Wouldn't be too worried by what he says to be honest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2546730/Mangala-Zouma-Dante-candidates-replace-retiring-Rio-Man-Utd-four-way-battle-Shaw-Stoke-eye-Cattermole-THE-TRANSFER-COLUMN-Part-One.html

Tsk, only a 4 way battle for him now, what with Liverpool entering the race.

Maybe these clubs should spend more effort on developing their own players.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2546730/Mangala-Zouma-Dante-candidates-replace-retiring-Rio-Man-Utd-four-way-battle-Shaw-Stoke-eye-Cattermole-THE-TRANSFER-COLUMN-Part-One.html

Tsk, only a 4 way battle for him now, what with Liverpool entering the race.

Maybe these clubs should spend more effort on developing their own players.

In fairness, United are quite good for that.

I've spoken to him and he's going nowhere.

Seriously why don't we close this thread and trust in Luke Shaw who knows what he wants!

Close a thread just because a poster has spoken to him. When did you speak with him and how much detail did he provide

i spoke to jolean lescott's brother a while back and he said in 2003 or something when it was put out that Jolean had knee surgery + was out for a year, the true story was he'd been knocking off a gangster's bird in wolverhampton and they'd caught up with him + broke both his legs. Not particularly relevant to shaw, but i just wanted to prove i am also v.contacts!

I've spoken to him and he's going nowhere.

Seriously why don't we close this thread and trust in Luke Shaw who knows what he wants!

Been saying it since day one. Luke has never so much as intimated that he wants to leave - quite the contrary. He is a young man with a very old head. He knows that he is in the best place ie with SFC.

Well collymore is such an honest person . After all he only hit Ulrika once with an open hand . So do we believe his value of Luke shaw .

Of course we don't Collymore should shut up on such matters . I bet he things he was was 25 million . No wonder some folk on twitter gets wound up with his s hite

One thing that riles is the constant reference to him being a Chelsea supporter and this must mean he will join them at the drop of a hat! How many premiership players plan there career based on the team they followed as kid, MLT was Spurs fan wasn't he? I am the least ITK person there is but if I were to have bet it would be that Shaw will be here next season.

@FootieWriter: Luke Shaw transfer news #Saints #MUFC #CFC http://t.co/RVVec4ovTJ

Luke Shaw transfer news #Saints #MUFC #CFC

Posted on Jan 27th, 2014 by Footie Writer

It is my understanding that Luke Shaw will not be sold in January by Southampton unless Chelsea or Manchester United raises a significant bid that is too good to turn down, which is very unlikely.

HOWEVER, Southampton are resigned to losing the player in the summer with a bidding war from Chelsea and Manchester United to erupt as they look to replace Cole and Evra respectively.

It is my belief that Southampton have already started scouting left backs to replace Shaw in the summer.

Shaw himself would prefer a move to Chelsea, but would be more than happy to move to United if they offered Southampton the better deal.

(Looks like ****** as suspected. Only highlighted the original as it was retweeted by the Secret Footballer who does sometimes have some good stuff)

“Southampton have no interest in selling Luke Shaw, not in the summer either. Southampton have got a lot of expectation put in Luke’s future and we have no intention of selling him.

“He’s dealing with [the speculation] very well. He has matured very quickly – when we got here he was a kid, now he’s a man. These things do not affect him at all.”

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/talking-points-mauricio-pochettino-27012013-1320513.aspx#o6fzGZqKdYXk9Xy9.99

“Southampton have no interest in selling Luke Shaw, not in the summer either. Southampton have got a lot of expectation put in Luke’s future and we have no intention of selling him.

“He’s dealing with [the speculation] very well. He has matured very quickly – when we got here he was a kid, now he’s a man. These things do not affect him at all.”

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/talking-points-mauricio-pochettino-27012013-1320513.aspx#o6fzGZqKdYXk9Xy9.99

Not good enough I hear them cry, we are ITK and he is definately going toChelsea, or Man Utd or perhaps Man City!

• 4 weeks later...
What I love about these made up stories is they don't bother considering the possibility that SAINTS are in contention to keep hold of Shaw. Why would they I suppose.

Why are they made up ?

Don't worry. Saints Fan CaM is well known for providing proof for stuff, so he'll be able to come up with evidence to support his claims. It's not like he will come up with a lame excuse why he can't prove it.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone who thinks that losing Shaw, even for £30m, wont affect us should look at yesterdays performance. He was outstanding in what was otherwise a very average performance from the rest of our back four. Watching that game yesterday I actually thought he has become too good for us now and unfortunately I dont think the club can keep up with his progression. Personally, I think selling him for £30m would be a very good deal for the buying club who could likely sell him on, like Gareth Bale, at a significant profit later down the line.

I hope he stays. I will be amazed if he does.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 1m

Real Madrid held contacts in last week for Southampton's Shaw, according to Sky Italy

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 54s

Chelsea had contacts with Southampton's Shaw's agents in last days, according to Sky Italy