Puncheon to Palace - Official (Season Loan)

Saint-Armstrong

I like JP. Gives us balance and a direct threat that we lack with other wing options. Thought that our best performances last year always came with him on the right of the AMC trio - when Lallana and J-Rod play together, by contrast, we seem to lack a bit of incision and width.

Based on first game, it looks as if JWP will feature in Poch's plans a lot more this season than many supposed, so maybe JP has slipped a bit further down the pecking order. Might also indicate another winger is due to join shortly. Bit disappointed that we have loaned him out though, and hope there is a recall option on that loan.

I like JP. Gives us balance and a direct threat that we lack with other wing options. Thought that our best performances last year always came with him on the right of the AMC trio - when Lallana and J-Rod play together, by contrast, we seem to lack a bit of incision and width.

Based on first game, it looks as if JWP will feature in Poch's plans a lot more this season than many supposed, so maybe JP has slipped a bit further down the pecking order. Might also indicate another winger is due to join shortly. Bit disappointed that we have loaned him out though, and hope there is a recall option on that loan.

Season long loan ? Probably no recall option because they'll have paid us a fee as likely as not.

a bit disappointed, always rated puncheon when his head was in the game. technically underated imo and decent pace.

Can assume either he is either outcast again, out of favour or we have a superior replacement lined up.

hoping its the latter. #11 perhaps?

decent player in the premier league and probably wants first team football which is something we can't offer him with lallana, jayrod and Ramirez all ahead of him. if we're being selfish then of course would rather have him on the bench as back up but club probably respects his wishes and looking to allow him to find regular first team football elsewhere. I'm fine with the loan deal as long as he doesn't get to play against us as I'm absolutely sure he would score against us as do most other ex players

Hmm probably indicating we are moving away from playing traditional wingers and having 3 attacking midfielders instead with width coming from our full backs more.

Shame for punch with us as he got better last year but at the same time it'll be good to get him out and playing more if his place In the squad has quietly been filled

I like Punch because I really respect the way he came back from serious issues, apologised and then gave everything on the field to win over hostile supporters (including me), it says a lot for NC and management team that it happened, now we've moved up a notch and its good not to stand in his way. Wish you all the best, tho' I don't like Palace

I like Punch because I really respect the way he came back from serious issues, apologised and then gave everything on the field to win over hostile supporters (including me), it says a lot for NC and management team that it happened, now we've moved up a notch and its good not to stand in his way. Wish you all the best, tho' I don't like Palace

Yup, I have a measure of respect for him for that too. I dislike Brighton, therefore want Palace to do well.

Can't see us letting him go without getting someone in, can only assume there has been movement in the last 48 hours with regards to an incoming wide player. Otherwise this just weakens us in an area I felt we were already quite weak in.

Yeah. Assumed it'd be Sinclair, but didn't realise Monk poured cold water on that yesterday.

Thomas Ince would be a nice surprise.

Yeah. Assumed it'd be Sinclair, but didn't realise Monk poured cold water on that yesterday.

Thomas Ince would be a nice surprise.

I'm shocked Ince is still at Blackpool. Their chairman must be pricing him out of a move otherwise he'd have moved by now.

Sad thing for Blackpool fans is that even if they were to get 10m Karl Oysten will siphon it off into his own wallet while the team operates on a shoestring and they know it.

For much of last season, I thought JP seemed more likely to produce an end product (goal, assist or sh*t!!) than either Lallana or Ramirez.

He did seem to fall right out of favour towards the end of the season though, but not sure why. He didn't start any of our last 7 league games, of which we only won 1 and that was against Reading!

Don't really see JWP and Davis as being players competing for the same spot as Puncheon, as they don't have the direct goal threat that he has. Puncheon provides a different option for the 2 wide positions, whereas JWP & Davis are really more central players.

It seems odd, but maybe there's more going on that we don't know about yet.

I'm shocked Ince is still at Blackpool. Their chairman must be pricing him out of a move otherwise he'd have moved by now.

Sad thing for Blackpool fans is that even if they were to get 10m Karl Oysten will siphon it off into his own wallet while the team operates on a shoestring and they know it.

He turned down a move to Cardiff, seemingly because he had just become a father and didn't want to move away. ( I knew working @ Bloomfield Road would come in handy one day ).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2373900/Tom-Ince--Footballers-Football-Column-Why-I-turned-Cardiff.html

He turned down a move to Cardiff, seemingly because he had just become a father and didn't want to move away. ( I knew working @ Bloomfield Road would come in handy one day ).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2373900/Tom-Ince--Footballers-Football-Column-Why-I-turned-Cardiff.html

Well if he wants to focus on his family then fair play, perhaps Liverpool or Everton will make an offer towards the end of the window. Far too good to be stuck in the championship.

Hmm probably indicating we are moving away from playing traditional wingers and having 3 attacking midfielders instead with width coming from our full backs more.

Been doing that for some time. If we replace him it will be with a left footer as the set up requires the wide players to come inside to create the space for the full backs, which Punch did very well linking up with Clyne.

If true be gutted. Think he's been better than Lallana, j rod and gaston. Don't think mopo has been that fair to him. Even in ore season he played well whenever called upon.

Seriously?? You think we'd get minimum £5m for him? I think we all have a fair idea what he's like if not being selected, and he isn't going to be selected very often.

The club did well by him. Gave him a 2nd chance and a new contract. Thanks, but move down the bus (to hark back to a bygone era).

Seriously?? You think we'd get minimum £5m for him? I think we all have a fair idea what he's like if not being selected, and he isn't going to be selected very often.

The club did well by him. Gave him a 2nd chance and a new contract. Thanks, but move down the bus (to hark back to a bygone era).

Don't see why it's so outrageous for me to say that. On last seasons evidence I think he was the best player out of the four. I don't think he's moaned at all since.

If true be gutted. Think he's been better than Lallana, j rod and gaston. Don't think mopo has been that fair to him. Even in ore season he played well whenever called upon.
Likewise gutted if true and thoroughly agree with your remark re other players. What sort of club have we become? Don't like the direction we're moving in the least. This is not the Southampton Football Club I've supported all these years. :(

Likewise gutted if true and thoroughly agree with your remark re other players. What sort of club have we become? Don't like the direction we're moving in the least. This is not the Southampton Football Club I've supported all these years. :(

Are you serious? You don't like the club progressing by signing better players and developing?

Puncheon is fine to start for a bottom half Premier League team or be cover for a mid table team. But Saints have aspirations beyond that and Puncheon will struggle to get into our matchday 18 let alone the starting XI. Understandable why he'd want to goto Palace, as he won't play here.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Should be kept for squad rotation, should of loaned out more central players like JWP and S.Davis, and keep Punch, we have no natural wingers on the bench, saying that Barca doesnt really have a natural wide player, playing Iniesta or Cesc on the left at times in a 433.

Punch well done lad, the arse licking of Gaston has unfortunately cost you, despite last season being the MUCH better player, yes he has got potential to be better then yourself and a top top player but hes not showing it as often as he should, and may never do so in the prem.

Are you serious? You don't like the club progressing by signing better players and developing?

Puncheon is fine to start for a bottom half Premier League team or be cover for a mid table team. But Saints have aspirations beyond that and Puncheon will struggle to get into our matchday 18 let alone the starting XI. Understandable why he'd want to goto Palace, as he won't play here.

For once, I agree with MLG. Progression, not sentiment is the way forward.

I think that's rubbish. So Lallana, j rod and Ramirez have shown they should be in?

Yep. Never been a fan of Puncheon to be honest, looks like he running through treacle at times.. Lallana will come good this season as will Ramirez, and J-Rod showed in that purple patch last year what a player he can be when full of confidence.