Arsenal vs SOUTHAMPTON Build up thread

Saint Garrett

Apart from their french army I don't think any other players are involved in competitive games. Spain are in South Africa so lots of traveling for Cazorla, but Ozil is basically home as are Wilshere and the England brigade.

is their keeper with Poland?

Giroud playing for France? would help us if they have a tough game tonight v Ukraine.

is their keeper with Poland?

Giroud playing for France? would help us if they have a tough game tonight v Ukraine.

Giroud isn't starting, it will be DD's pet binky Benzema. DD's mate Zizou has obvious been shouting at him as neither Madrid player started last friday but they'll both start tonight even if Varane is far too green for the occasion and has a dodgy knee, no doubt will be having cortisone injections.

Any one know how many Arsenal players are involved in International duty this week?

not Koscielny anyway, he got sent off last Friday for a free for all wrestling challenge on the Ukrainien CF. Sagna won't start, neither will Giroud so that leaves err sort of none'ish Arsenal players in the French side.

Think he was the last few games, he definitely took one the other week. If 30yards plus let Rickie have it.

I understand your logic, but at that distance the chances of scoring are pretty low.

I think I'd rather JWP took it, with his delivery having someone with an aerial threat like Rickie in a more dangerous area would be useful.

IMO, of course.

"Interesting" view on things.....

http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=538653

Lambert is a good player but nothing special, he`s effective at what he does, a handful in the air matched with an excellent attitude and work rate. Similar to our own Giroud but perhaps not as refined. Having said that four goals and three assists is not a bad return.

Southampton, like us currently, are lacking in width and like to force the opposition to play through their middle

This game is going to be very tight and they will sit back and try to frustrate us as much as possible.

Particularly like the last quote!!! Not sure the guy has the first idea about Saints.

Indeed. Saw that 'scout report' yesterday - he must turn Match of the Day off after the Arsenal game's been on...

I think that it might be based on teams like us being happy with a draw at big clubs like his. If he had seen us at Anfield and Old Trafford then I am sure that he wouldn't think that. I am rather hoping that he gets a nasty surprise, we beat them and Liverpool/Everton draw and we go top. (Well, we can all dream can't we?)

Not much of a "storm" elsewhere from what I can see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2510886/Jack-Wilshere-injury-storm-Arsenal-stunned-England-ignore-plea-rest-midfielder-Germany.html

But hopefully he will not be fit to face us. Their midfield not at full strength with Flamini out suspended too.

To be fair it's that good they even spell one of their own players names wrong.

Spelling Gnabry as Gnarby

I thought the last sentence was interesting as well

"I`m going for the home win, but don`t expect it to easy and late goals may swing it. 3-1 to The Arsenal."

I've thought that one of our stronger points this season is that our fitness and awareness has been great right up until the final whistle!

All I really got from the press conf is that Cork is out for a little bit, Guly is still recovering and everyone from international duty is ok. Gaston doesn't return to UK until tomorrow lunchtime and will be assessed then. Can the press every ask anything interesting like why Lallana is suddenly clean-shaven?

I thought the last sentence was interesting as well

"I`m going for the home win, but don`t expect it to easy and late goals may swing it. 3-1 to The Arsenal."

I've thought that one of our stronger points this season is that our fitness and awareness has been great right up until the final whistle!

I work with an Arsenal ST holder - his words "if you press we (Arsenal) will struggle but can you keep it up for 90 mins?" so it seems a misconception amongst their fans.

I work with an Arsenal ST holder - his words "if you press we (Arsenal) will struggle but can you keep it up for 90 mins?" so it seems a misconception amongst their fans.

To be fair I work with an Arsenal fan and he'd take the draw right now. Also thinks Mertesacker is about the only decent player they have when defending set pieces so that might stand us in good stead.

Rickies been v good recently from them.

Having 2 of them stood over the ball at free kicks will add to the potential for bamboozling the defence.

'But just who will take the kick?', the defence will ask each other.

Their eyes will dart nervously from RL to JWP.

It'll be like that scene in 'A Fist Full of Dollars', so it will.

All I really got from the press conf is that Cork is out for a little bit, Guly is still recovering and everyone from international duty is ok. Gaston doesn't return to UK until tomorrow lunchtime and will be assessed then. Can the press every ask anything interesting like why Lallana is suddenly clean-shaven?

No sign of Adam in the training pics, unless I missed him.

To be fair I work with an Arsenal fan and he'd take the draw right now. Also thinks Mertesacker is about the only decent player they have when defending set pieces so that might stand us in good stead.

On that basis f**k it, let's show no fear and go for it!