Gazzaniga

Glasgow_Saint

Made 3 world class saves today.

Defence let him down, and Man City are absolute class in the final 3rd

No disgrace from Gazza today. Kept the score down late on

Are you serious or is this a wind up? He was his usual useless self.........

He will be our hero today.... Just watch

Some of the Gazza haters wil have egg on their face in 2 hours

Cant blame Gazza for any of them goals

Made 3 world class saves today.

Defence let him down, and Man City are absolute class in the final 3rd

No disgrace from Gazza today. Kept the score down late on

Keepers get better with age. Gazza will come good, just needs our support

Eh? Saints fan supporting his young keeper, is a WUM? :facepalm:

Look at the way Adam, Luke, Jay, Morgan have all improved under mopo. Is it impossible for Gazza to improve the same way?

awkward-moment-when-your-sarcasm-is-so-advanced_o_1045275.jpg

48172966.jpg

For all the stuff Glasgow says . I agree with him on some aspects . . Citeh were more clinical in the second half and our defence did go walk about and exposed Gazza on a few occassions to the citeh forwards . Even I got scared but he did a number of saves in the second half .

Today was probably his best performance in a saints shirt. He was still shocking, but he did manage to actually save a couple. Today I would put him in the "he's a useless keeper" bag whereas normally its " has he ever played in nets before". Normally its shot-goal in between cock Ups. Today he did look like a keeper, a ****ie one , but that's an improvement

Its not the guys fault , its the clubs. They knew AB seems a bit injury prone and that super kelv is knocking on a bit so they should have got someone in during the window.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Chomp. Chomp. Chomp

yes, and I have embarrassed myself by falling into the trap, sometimes you can't help it, you take it seriously and react. I guess it's like fans' protests, you know when everyone is going to boycott a game. You really want to, but you know it won't happen.

i guess I take pleasure in the fact that someone there is looking like John Malkovich, scouring the forum for every bite, pleasuring himself with each quip he creates, but more so by seeing the pathetic retards like myself who respond.

Tomorrow I wake up and go to a cubs football tournament with my kid, him? Well, he will be logging on over his cornflakes, in his bedsit with the brown carpet and sunflower curtains.

Cody Cropper next game please.

Is he better? Totally false to suggest it can't get worse than Gazzaniga. All that would come from going and picking a teenager is we risk shattering two young players' confidence instead of one.

Boruc will be back for next week anyway, by the looks of things.

Badger I don't disagree . But while he wears a saints shirt I will always get behind our players . I hadn't realised as fans that it is not a statutory requirement by some fans to look for a scapegoat week in week out

We are all Saints fans mate - you have no monopoly or special praise for that !

It's just that this is a forum for opinion not a forum for declaration of loyalty to the cause which you appear to think is unique - clearly it is not .....

Nothing to do with 'Scapegoats ' either - it's just someone's opinion and on a forum they are supposed to have one. - that is what it is for!

You can disagree with the opinion if you have one of your own but to suggest you are more loyal to the players Is absurd.

He will be our hero today.... Just watch

Er.....think you got that one wrong, Glasgow.

Whatever, we saw in him as an L1 goalie...or was it L2?, he hasn't shown up much. He wasn't ready to be" KD's stand-in " last season (note that one NA) and nothing has happened to change my opinion.

Artur Boruc has been out injured for 8 Prem. League games this season..and we've won only once ** in those 8 outings. KD stood for 2, but Gazzaniga has let in 12 goals in 5 games.

** Gazzaniga was in goal in the away game at Cardiff (won 3-0), but we were so dominant, he scarcely had to make a save.

Edited by david in sweden

maybe ....we ought to be a bit careful with that shout.....Cropper has been in goal for several of the U21s heaviest defeats.

He may be tall (at 6' 4") ...but he looks to be in the Tommy Forecast category.:scared:

I've seen him and he looks complete ****. So yeah, rock/hard place.

Ted Smith anyone...

Apparently we have quite a few keepers on the books but it has been suggested of little quality. I have to say Gazzaniga does not look good and does not seem to inspire the defence.

Surely in the summer we need to spend some money on this position, cut our losses with Osvaldo and get in a an established striker.

BTW, if Norwich go down could we go for Ruddy ?

Apparently we have quite a few keepers on the books but it has been suggested of little quality. I have to say Gazzaniga does not look good and does not seem to inspire the defence.

Surely in the summer we need to spend some money on this position, cut our losses with Osvaldo and get in a an established striker.

BTW, if Norwich go down could we go for Ruddy ?

I would take the first keeper of any team other than Norwich! Ruddy not good enough.

To say i'd rather have Bartoz in goal is scary......... as he's definitely not premiership material either. It is not Gaziniggas fault that he is being asked to step into big shoes & we have to bear that in mind and support whoever wears a saints shirt, but also as fans we have the right for that support to be earned. Serious question which scout deemed him a good prospect as a goalie? did they make a mistake or do you believe he could do a job at a lower level?

To say i'd rather have Bartoz in goal is scary......... as he's definitely not premiership material either.

It is not Gaziniggas fault that he is being asked to step into big shoes & we have to bear that in mind and support whoever wears a saints shirt, but also as fans we have the right for that support to be earned.

Serious question which scout deemed him a good prospect as a goalie? did they make a mistake or do you believe he could do a job at a lower level?

I agree totally with this point.

In fact, the " whoever " must surely take the blame for signing him. We had a well-publicised £6 million bid for Jack Butland rejected ...(I bet Brum regret that now) ...and PG was our alternative.

Gazzaniga's..half-a-good season...with Gillingham in L1...or was it L2 ?...wasn't good preparation for a Prem. goalie - not even Joe Hart... and then it took time for him to get the no.1 spot at Citeh.

The second mistake was Nigel Adkins' obsession with having KD as his first choice keeper. (I'm not anti - KD) quite the opposite he's been an excellent servant to the club, but his shortcomings were quickly seen last season. However, nearly every Prem.side has at least one or two international keepers..(and I think Arsenal had three to choose from).

and so.. when Boruc was injured at Chelsea ...." the poison chalice" was handed around again, as it had been the season before and now we see the result. WE have no suitable second-choice keeper. AGAIN !

Sorry Paulo (nothing personal).. but life is tough enough in the U21 side.. the Premier League is another world, and you shouldn't have been given the task...not yet anyway.

Edited by david in sweden

OK I've just seen the goals again on SSN. Watch Gazza in the build up to the 3rd goal - he took an ice age to decide he was going to come out for that cross, by which time it was far too late. If he had been decisive and come out sooner he would undoubtedly have got to it and prevented the goal. Very, very poor decision making.

Without using the net, can any of you that claim Gazzaniga is the worst keeper in the Premiership name the 3rd choice keepers at the top 4 sides, let alone the mid table teams.

Bare in mind also that Hart was dropped this season for some very poor displays, Liverpool fans don't rate Mignolet and there are stories that Courtois will be on his way back to Chelsea, after Cech's error in Paris.

Without using the net, can any of you that claim Gazzaniga is the worst keeper in the Premiership name the 3rd choice keepers at the top 4 sides, let alone the mid table teams.

Bare in mind also that Hart was dropped this season for some very poor displays, Liverpool fans don't rate Mignolet and there are stories that Courtois will be on his way back to Chelsea, after Cech's error in Paris.

Gazzaniga is terrible. No matter how much you try and slice it

When you're trying to make an argument that Gazzaniga isn't the worst keeper in the league, you really are beginning to clutch hold of those straws a little too tightly.

But it's fair to say that you've been really unlucky if you have to field your third choice. The fact that we would struggle to name the third choice at other clubs suggests that two is almost always enough.

Gazzaniga is probably the worst keeper who's played in the league this season, but that doesn't make him worse than every keeper in a Premier League squad. Most third choices don't get close to playing because it's so rare for the first two to be injured at the same time.

The reason to worry is that Kelvin won't be around for much longer, so Gazzaniga will be second choice unless we bring someone in.

Edited by DuncanRG

Captchris . I expressing my opinion . But we do have a minority who are over the top with their comments about certain players each week . The other week it was SRL .

Yesterday a certain individual from Austria made some pretty nasty comments about Ramirez and he wasn't even playing .

That's the point I am making

Yes Gazza was like a fish out of water but if that's all we have then I as a fan will support him and the team .comewhat may

I still don't get why Kelvin got a 3 year contract when he barely plays, is getting old and is a definite weakness when he does play. If we had replaced him with someone younger and better, with less fitness issues I doubt we'd have to play Gazza at all.

As for Gazza himself, I'd say get rid of him in summer. I don't care if he is young any more, he has never looked close to being a Premier League 'keeper or like having the potential to become one.

As an ex goalie I must confess that he is not good. Confidence is one thing but what was more alarming is his reluctance to use his hands to stop shops. FFS that is what they are for. His positional play and reading of the game is poor. I wonder how much communication he was giving his defenders? Yes keepers may improve with age but there has to be both talent and mental toughness which I doubt he possesses either

Sadly Gazza has had many chances now and always lets us down. He has excellent build for a keeper but at his age. I cannot see him making it after all this time. We have to find another and there are plenty mentioned on another thread.

He's evidently not good enough. Seems to be a mentality problem, rather than physical ability. He needs to drop down a few levels... Maybe one day he will have the right mentality for the major spotlight.

It's crazy to blame him for the result though. If we must blame people then Fonte and Chambers contributed far bigger errors than Gazza in that match.

his kicking distributions is quite good tbf. Lot better than Boruc or KD. He would prob be better in midfield than he is in goal.

In fairness, every time he tried to kick it out for a throw-in because he was sh*tting himself he managed to get it over the line.

Rabbit in the headlights keeps leading with his 'wrong' arm

This,

Not taking anything away from the Delph goal vs Villa earlier on this seadson, but why did he go with his left hand when it was going to his right,

seemed that it was an attempt for a "Camera save"

Do the business Gazza!

I know it will all be your fault again, when a defender tries to roundhouse Dzeko in the box, or when a defender inexplicably sticks out a leg and steers the ball past your near post from a yard out it will also be your fault, because apparently you possess the gravitational pull of a black hole from which nothing, even a professional's confidence can escape, and when someone arrows one into the top corner it will be the fact that you led with your 'wrong' hand, I again look forward to seeing exactly how you will be blamed today. Though should we keep a clean sheet you are to not take any credit, it will be because you were under no pressure, despite your affect on the psyche of our centre backs.