Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

I feel v.bad for Ralph, he's going to get back from holiday and find his manager and half the first team squad have done a bunk. I can understand Les not wanting to bother him & ruin his hols but srsly if I was Ralph I'd at least want to be kept in the loop. Poor Ralph. :(

Its LaLa I feel sorry for - will really miss Po

Ralph's face will be a picture! He'll walk into SMS all tan & relaxed and be like, where is Mauricio? Les will look at Hotstepper, Hotstepper will look at Gareth Rogers, Gareth Rogers will look at floor. Awkward!

Ralph's face will be a picture! He'll walk into SMS all tan & relaxed and be like, where is Mauricio? Les will look at Hotstepper, Hotstepper will look at Gareth Rogers, Gareth Rogers will look at floor. Awkward!

In a time of meltdown, you are the poster to bring a smile to the masses :)

I feel v.bad for Ralph, he's going to get back from holiday and find his manager and half the first team squad have done a bunk. I can understand Les not wanting to bother him & ruin his hols but srsly if I was Ralph I'd at least want to be kept in the loop. Poor Ralph. :(

dudley.png?w=1000

Spurs propaganda machine rates along with Hitler's Nazi propaganda feats. They have created uncertainty, confusion, and hysteria and chosen a Bank Holiday weekend in which to do it. Everyone quoting the same thing that Pochettino is in advanced talks but where are the quotes, the statements from either club or the people,agents involved.

Having the same March 2nd birthday as Harry Houdini we should have known Pochettion would have a similar character. In choosing this time before the World Cup he's stabbed in the back everyone of our players about to play the most important games of their lives. Where is the loyalty to these guys, as to this club of ours and all the supporters.

Ralph's arrival to Pochettino has been what Sir Clive Woodwards was to Harry.

When Norwich got relegated I warned that our own fortunes have been intertwined for many years. I would hate this to be our downfall, but, from day one, when Pochettino and his back up team arrived. I could forsee the complete destruction their sudden departure would cause.l

There's no official news yet I feel if he doesn't there will be many very embarrassed posters on here . . I understand your angst grey crab if he does go . But let's wait and see what transpires . I ding like the situation anymore than you do . Football can be cruel and equally evil at the same time

I know it's hypothetical but suppose we had finished about the spuds . Would he still have turned us down ?

Firstly, good luck to Poch should he take the job at the graveyard of managers that is Spurs.

Secondly, I was more gutted about both Strachan & Adkins departures. I have found this whole episode nothing short of disrespectful towards us supporters. Yet I'm not sure there is a better way of Pochettino dealing with this situation other than declaring he is staying or he is leaving. I've met Poch twice and really enjoyed his company and he genuinely struck me as very committed and passionate about this job.

Unfortunately, I cannot see us 'kicking on' from last season by means of significant elaborate signings regardless of Pochettino remaining at the club or not. To do so would be unsustainable and irresponsible (remember where we've been).

There's no official news yet I feel if he doesn't there will be many very embarrassed posters on here . . I understand your angst grey crab if he does go . But let's wait and see what transpires . I ding like the situation anymore than you do . Football can be cruel and equally evil at the same time

I know it's hypothetical but suppose we had finished about the spuds . Would he still have turned us down ?

The super optimistic part of me is just hoping that maybe the reason SFC have been so quiet is that they've been working in the background for ages to finalize our first summer signing to announce along with Poch's contract signing (since they've been working on summer signins since since the season ended according to Reed).

Too much? :lol:

But in all honesty, we had a smashing last season, still hyped from watching that, hope Poch stays, still don't necessarily buy the paper rumours, they all quote each other and no one quotes anyone legit. As I said earlier "XXXXnews understands that" without any reference to HOW or WHY they can possibly understand that (tea leaves? star signs?) would be laughed back to the editors desk for anything else. They can't reveal the source for some reason? Then don't bother publishing it as it'll be lumped in with all the other B.S. rumour articles.

Hope he stays, if he goes I'm sure we'll survive and I'm sure we'll have a better 14/15 season than most people are thinking we will :p

Spurs have a very good squad, MP will make them very strong. He will get them playing to their potential

Really disagree with you on that one Nick.

For the first time MP will find himself in an environment with a bunch of individuals, arrogant and rich ones as well. That is very different from managing a stepping stone - Espanyol and managing a "Bunch of Mates" which was us. Somehow I simply cannot see some of the bling brigade buying into the double training sessions with the same gusto.

Even the Spuds fans are dubious let alone the players. Don't think he'll be able to pull the firewalking trick with them either

A nasty outbreak of contagious nervous breakdown, a few hissy fits, some double incontinence. Nothing out the ordinary.

Phew....I had visions of coming back to find the forum had changed beyond all recognition. It's always comforting that Saintsweb is a reliable constant in an ever changing world :)

Why is Spurs the graveyard for managers? Havent they had half as many managers as us this past 10 years?

Pochettino suits Spurs - i have always viewed Spurs as somewhat classless, forgettable and simply not as good as they think they are. A perfect match ;)

Why is Spurs the graveyard for managers? Havent they had half as many managers as us this past 10 years?

Pochettino suits Spurs - i have always viewed Spurs as somewhat classless, forgettable and simply not as good as they think they are. A perfect match ;)

So our current manager, who has not gone anywhere yet, is "classless, forgettable and not as good as he thinks he is"? I guess after that statement you are keeping everything crossed that he will actually leave.

So our current manager, who has not gone anywhere yet, is "classless, forgettable and not as good as he thinks he is"? I guess after that statement you are keeping everything crossed that he will actually leave.

Has he ever spoken of a love for our club? Has he once said he wants to stay?

We are a club on the up, we can attract a top manager if/when Poch leaves. He is replaceable.

hi glasgow

I like his cover story of being a long term lurker who has quit the Ugly forum and come over here because Glasgow is now over there. Cute. Probably better than your Camden one in fairness.

Firstly, good luck to Poch should he take the job at the graveyard of managers that is Spurs.

Secondly, I was more gutted about both Strachan & Adkins departures. I have found this whole episode nothing short of disrespectful towards us supporters. Yet I'm not sure there is a better way of Pochettino dealing with this situation other than declaring he is staying or he is leaving. I've met Poch twice and really enjoyed his company and he genuinely struck me as very committed and passionate about this job.

Unfortunately, I cannot see us 'kicking on' from last season by means of significant elaborate signings regardless of Pochettino remaining at the club or not. To do so would be unsustainable and irresponsible (remember where we've been).

Adkins leaving was the biggest kicker for me. I never been fully convinced by Pochettino, obviously result wise he has been great. I just mean, I wasn't convinced by what his motives for being here were. Since January though, when he could have walked, he started to gain my respect and win me over. If he goes I'll be disappointed. It's a shame. He has the chance to build on his reputation here and has a group of players who seemingly have a deep respect for him.

But if he really wants to go then there is no point him being here any longer. If his heart is no longer going to be in managing Saints, Keeping him here against his will, would be worse than losing him. Good luck to him but I'd be surprised if he last the whole of next season at Spurs. They will have bigger expectations then us and he'll soon find in hindsight he was crazy to leave. I would say I hope he proves me wrong but in this case I really don't! It is his mistake to make :)

Hopefully our next manager will wear our colours on his tie, that kind of got to me that it was always dark blue.

Never really expected him to stay, life goes on.

Yes, bring back the stripes, club ties and fans on the board.

Go team saints.

It wouldn't be so bad, but I have no confidence in the the Hockey bloke and the daughter who suddenly inherited her dad's very expensive and difficult to understand hobby to appoint an appropriate replacement.

Precisely ...... The opportunity we had this summer comes to a club like ours once in a generation. No leadership and no ambition will lead us in just one direction.......

Really poor management of the team, the manager and the communication which is obviously appalling. Why is the CEO of blinking duck hunting when such cataclysmic events are needing urgent attention here ?

We have failed to invest in the future and will reap the 'rewards'.

Football for a club like ours is precarious fail to plan at you peril....

What's actually happened today that makes everyone so sure it's happening by the way? I'm really confused.

The first concrete confirmations of an approach across all mediums. Notably the BBC who held back for a while, and then put it as their front page story.

It's clearly happening, just a matter of the announcement now.

Has he ever spoken of a love for our club? Has he once said he wants to stay?

No, but so what? You write about him as if he was your unfaithful wife. It doesn't make him classless, forgettable and not as good as he thinks he is.

We are a club on the up, we can attract a top manager if/when Poch leaves. He is replaceable.

True. Still doesn't make him classless, forgettable and not as good as he thinks he is.