Defectors Watch

adrian lord

It would be difficult to drop romeu after his start to the season. I was gutted when morgan left, but why would he want to warm our bench? And presumably we wouldn't be able to offer him any higher wages than we offered him before he left when we were trying to get him onto a new contract. If the money wasn't good enough then it probably won't be good enough now.

He wouldn't take Romeu's place though, he would replace Davis. I'm not sure I'd want him back though, hard to tell if the returning Morgan with his tail between his legs having failed at an elite club after making such a fuss to leave in the first place would be as good as the one who left. The motivation might not be there anymore. The Morgan from 2 years ago I'd obviously take back in a heartbeat.

In any case, I'd take this guy, might be available in January:

https://insideathleticclub.com/2016/09/28/could-athletic-club-tempt-mikel-merino-away-from-borussia-dortmund/

(on Schneiderlin)...a nice thought, but the old adage of .."never go back " often rings true.

..think I'd prefer to remember him as he was ....when he played so well for us, and leave it at that.

I would love him back - fantastic player for us.

It's just not our style though is it? Probably £20m+, and massive wages.

• 2 weeks later...

Or can he reprise the form that had him watched by Europe’s leading lights in his early, bewitching, south coast days?

They're not still banging on about that Villa game ™ as well are they?

I think we all said/thought that Gaston, while living it up in the Championship, wouldn't be able to carry that on back in the PL and that Boro should really ask why they were any different than us and Hull. of course most supporters think that their club has some Midas touch and Boro's supporters seemingly thought that they could turn Gaston into an alchemist.

I would take back Morgan for 10m... Good player, we are his level. Europa league.

He won't come back tbh, I imagine he will move to France to try and kickstart his career again while remaining in international contention. Very few players are willing to suck it up and admit defeat with a return like that (yes I can also name a couple).

• 2 weeks later...

Luke Shaw taking driving lessons...in a £100,000 range rover.... ahh the life of a young PL footballer. Guess if he has stayed with us he would of had to learn to drive in a 35,000 grand motor...

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/luke-shaw-takes-driving-lesson-in-%C2%A3100000-range-rover-with-his-mum-ahead-of-manchester-city-clash/ar-AAjpKPU?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp

Edited by doddisalegend

Luke Shaw taking driving lessons...in a £100,000 range rover.... ahh the life of a young PL footballer. Guess if he has stayed with us he would of had to learn to drive in a 35,000 grand motor...

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/luke-shaw-takes-driving-lesson-in-%C2%A3100000-range-rover-with-his-mum-ahead-of-manchester-city-clash/ar-AAjpKPU?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp

That is why we shouldn't complain Morgan or shaw or mane or wanyama. We don't offer better salary to keep them, so they go. If we really want to keep our assets, should we review our salary policy?

Clyne linked with Barcelona move in January - The Sun Would link it but don't want to give them any ad revenue and read a copy whilst in the Barbers today.

Liverpool becoming Barca's feeder club?

They could replace him with Calum Chambers, who is looking good for Boro & England U21s, although he usually plays at centre back rather than right back nowadays and Arsenal will probably want him back.