Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Am I wrong in thinking none of this lot have won anything since leaving for bigger and better things ? How ironic it would be if we won the league cup before any of our defectors won anything !? (Edit forgot utd won the fa cup so Shaw and Morgan have I guess ?)

Edited by simo

Am I wrong in thinking none of this lot have won anything since leaving for bigger and better things ? How ironic it would be if we won the league cup before any of our defectors won anything !?

Might be a Charity Shield in there somewhere....

(& a league title if you count Nathan Dyer?)

Am I wrong in thinking none of this lot have won anything since leaving for bigger and better things ? How ironic it would be if we won the league cup before any of our defectors won anything !? (Edit forgot utd won the fa cup so Shaw and Morgan have I guess ?)

Did they actually play in the cup final?

Joining mufc might be good for Luke's bank balance but his career seems to have plateaued, not the player I thought he would turn into on today's showing , seems money is the chapel they all worship at , shame really

Confidence is shot, mind you so would mine have been after such a horrific break. He may never be the same again. Might get his mojo back by linking once again up with Poch at Spurs.

It does make you wonder what would have happened had he signed this season and played under Puel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, funny enough, I actually think he'd really suit the diamond (not that we play this anymore).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38788778

Liverpool have arranged for a private jet to fly striker Sadio Mane back from the Africa Cup of Nations to give him a chance of facing Premier League leaders Chelsea at Anfield on Tuesday.

Doesn't make Klopp look desperate at all....

Haha. I seem to remember us having trouble getting him back quickly from international duty

From the BBC

Jose Fonte has been given the runaround by Manchester City tonight, Raheem Sterling cuts inside and is tripped. He goes down, gets up and then rather dives to the ground to make sure.*

have no idea why West Ham were complaining.*It was the most ridiculously obvious penalty I have ever seen.

:lol:

Enjoyed the WH game but pleased to see Crouchie got his 100th goal. He left us in good spirit.

Had a nice smile after Fonte's debut lets hope he doesn't step it back up for the weekend.

Great moment for Crouch he always seems to enjoy his football and I don't think he's ever caused a problem at a club even when Stoke weren't playing him he's just got on with it. I was gutted when he left I think if he'd stayed we would have bounced straight back time and time again clubs have shown all you really need to get out of that league is a top draw goal scorer.

Damn shame we had to sell Crouch to pay the wages of the Quashie, Kenton, Wise and McCan't. Decent games to goals ratio at our place. No sure he has gone close before or since.

McCann and Kenton both left after relegation (Kenton only on loan though).

I think the sale of Crouchie was to ensure we could pay for the stadium, given that we only spent £90k on transfers that season.