Defectors Watch

adrian lord

I think that RAWK thread on Lovren might be my new home page.

It's actually titled ''Liverpool's defense'', yet it's all about Lovren. Quite funny really.

It's just the complete karma, he was an absolute arse trying to get his way out of here after we re-built his career. Let's be honest, he was a bit on the floor after his Lyon adventure and we took a chance, and a slight gamble. But as soon as a sniff of a big club came along, he threw his toys out and took to twitter to tell the world he wanted out, we weren't big enough bla bla.

What is happening now couldn't be more appropriate. I hope he gets shipped off to Russia for a cup price fee in January, shiver in the cold Lovren.

Lallana's experience, whilst not as dramatic, is almost as horrific. It's all they asked for. The one I feel for is Lambert, his career is pretty much on the floor now.

It's actually titled ''Liverpool's defense'', yet it's all about Lovren. Quite funny really.

It's just the complete karma, he was an absolute arse trying to get his way out of here after we re-built his career. Let's be honest, he was a bit on the floor after his Lyon adventure and we took a chance, and a slight gamble. But as soon as a sniff of a big club came along, he threw his toys out and took to twitter to tell the world he wanted out, we weren't big enough bla bla.

What is happening now couldn't be more appropriate. I hope he gets shipped off to Russia for a cup price fee in January, shiver in the cold Lovren.

Lallana's experience, whilst not as dramatic, is almost as horrific. It's all they asked for. The one I feel for is Lambert, his career is pretty much on the floor now.

The only one I wished we'd kept reckon he had a couple more years in him for us. Wished he had been around for the Peno yesterday.

I can see Lovren turning it around. We know how good he was for us. Then add into the mix that you're not going to stop giving him chances to prove himself when you've spent £20m on him. He'll keep playing and eventually he'll have a run of good games.

He had much better protection at Saints than he does at Liverpool.

I can see Lovren turning it around. We know how good he was for us. Then add into the mix that you're not going to stop giving him chances to prove himself when you've spent £20m on him. He'll keep playing and eventually he'll have a run of good games.

do you really think he will ? Is this his settling in period then ?

Remember he was really good for us in the first half of the season and not so hot in the second. I can still see his meltdown at Spurs in my head.

I'm not sure he will actually be given the time to come good, the criticism of him seems to be just about a clean sweep, he never came good at Lyon after all.

Liverpool paid 20 million based on about 25 games last season. Fkin hard luck :lol:

do you really think he will ? Is this his settling in period then ?

Remember he was really good for us in the first half of the season and not so hot in the second. I can still see his meltdown at Spurs in my head.

I'm not sure he will actually be given the time to come good, the criticism of him seems to be just about a clean sweep, he never came good at Lyon after all.

Liverpool paid 20 million based on about 25 games last season. Fkin hard luck :lol:

Nope, I didn't say that.

I don't get where this 'he wasn't that good at Lyon' stuff comes from. If I recall, we apparently got an absolute bargain in £8m and were punching well above our weight to sign him because teams like Spurs were interested. My memory of this isn't that fuzzy.

I agree he had a lot better cover in Wanyama, Cork, Schneiderlin etc. That appears to be Liverpool's problem, they're unbalanced. They play an attacking system with attacking players ahead of a shaky defence. Reality is though that even before Lovren signed for them they weren't brilliant at defending, they just had strikers that would consistently bang in the goals so it wasn't a problem. Sturridge is crocked, Suarez is gone. They're totally exposed.

I can't figure out how he's become so consistently poor. He's apparently upset with the lack of midfled protection. He's certainly far more exposed there than he was with Wanyama and Schneiderlin in front, but Liverpool have lacked organisation and basic rigour under Rodgers despite quality players in the back four. Skrtel didn't become a poor player overnight either.

It's like Lovren's having the one poor game he played for us (Spurs away) over and over again.

I can't figure out how he's become so consistently poor. He's apparently upset with the lack of midfled protection. He's certainly far more exposed there than he was with Wanyama and Schneiderlin in front, but that can't be it.

It's like he's having the one poor game he played for us (Spurs away) over and over again.

Moreno is pretty awful, leaves him exposed against speedy wingers all of the time, their midfield is crap as well, Allen is a class A pansy. Too small to be playing CM in the PL.

I can't figure out how he's become so consistently poor. He's apparently upset with the lack of midfled protection. He's certainly far more exposed there than he was with Wanyama and Schneiderlin in front, but Liverpool have lacked organisation and basic rigour under Rodgers despite quality players in the back four. Skrtel didn't become a poor player overnight either.

It's like Lovren's having the one poor game he played for us (Spurs away) over and over again.

It's another example of the collective rather than the individual.

He had better players around him last year - Shaw, Fonte, Clyne, which he hasn't got at Liverpool. He had better players in front of him, Wanyama, Morgan, which he hasn't got at Liverpool.

He's been thrown in there as a 1 man defense with the hope and expectation that he will be their leader and stop all their goals, but he has utter **** around him. Add to that the seemingly clueless tactical master plans and obvious non-coaching of defensive situations (that was still evident last year) then he hasn't got much chance to be honest. He's not a bad player, but not a great player - so he's not of the calibre to be able to take on all that he's needed to take on. He's drowning, basically. Or more likely, he's already drowned.

Guess who?

"Nowhere Man"

He's a real nowhere man

Playing in his nowhere land

Making all his nowhere plans for nobody

Doesn't have a point of view

Knows not where he's going to

Isn't he a bit like sh ite and poo?

Nowhere Man, please listen

You don't know what you're missing

Nowhere Man, the world is at your command

He's as blind as he can be

Just sees what he wants to see

Nowhere Man can you see me at all?

Nowhere Man, don't worry

Take your time, don't hurry

Leave it all till somebody else lends you a hand

Doesn't have a point of view

Knows not where he's going to

Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere Man, please listen

You don't know what you're missing

Nowhere Man, the world is at your command

He's a real Nowhere Man

Sitting in his nowhere land

I'm not sure what Liverpool fans are expecting to be honest. They've combined the Liverpool team which usually finishes 7th with the Saints team which finished 8th and they're expecting to be er... winning the League? If you factor out Saints and West Ham having such a great first half of the season, they're about where you'd expect them to be.

Considering that I saw this thread mentioned Forren at one point, I don't think it's fair to say we're just having a go at Lovren all the time...

Agreed. He just provides the most frequent hilarity.

Lambert didn't feature

Shaw is injured

Chambers was suspended

Lallana was first in the showers again.

Poch won (in the last minute again)

Gillett scored for Yeovil

Adkins got spanked 6-1

Boruc let in three but still won

Surman played 90 minutes in said game

Osvaldo's Inter are playing Chievo tomorrow night

Michael Poke was an unused subsitute for Pompey

Tommy Forecast got the night off from his Saturday job at the Harvester in Hamble

Michael Antonio and Danny Fox drew 0-0 for Forest against Rotherham.

Dexter Blackstock also played and was subbed off

Dan Petrescu have a very nice afternoon walking his dachshund, Jurgen.

I think that about covers it.

Lambert didn't feature

Shaw is injured

Chambers was suspended

Adkins got spanked 6-1

Tommy Forecast got the night off from his Saturday job at the Harvester in Hamble

What's was Rupes up to?

Lambert didn't feature

Shaw is injured

Chambers was suspended

Adkins got spanked 6-1

You forgot Gareth Bale, on Sports Personality tonight, up for top award.

So Lallana still rarely manages to complete 90mins. Lovren is just sh!te and Lambert is basically an aged fat mascot.

£50mill - f*ck me, even for Liverpool that is a horrific waste of cash.

The other £45m isn't exactly setting the world on fire at the moment.

amazing that this was only a few months ago (from RAWK)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1477[/ATTACH]

It's amazing the difference one world class player makes. Not just their own contributions, it raises the whole team. Worth their weight in gold.

That reminds me, we need to get in a quality striker this January.

Ranieri linked to the Liverpool job this evening...

nice

also

Adam Bate ‏@ghostgoal 3h3 hours ago

Dejan Lovren has made seven errors leading to a shot or goal so far this season. No other player has made more than four. via @OptaJoe

Edited by Batman