Defectors Watch

adrian lord

No Lovren in the Liverpool squad tonight.

AFC Wimbledon too good much for him!

best 20 million pool ever spent :lol:

I'm genuinely starting to think Lovren did have a bust up with Steven Gerrard!

His career is going downhill haha

seems we may have dodged a bullet with his current injury record he is looking like competition for Wilshire in the made of glass competition! Did our medical team know something uniteds didn't?

He was sometimes sick noted or injured when he was with us. Sickies were usually after a night out at Nandos. He was also always pulling up with cramp.

I'm afraid to say that he was. It was his choice, he jumped at it, when we all knew that he would be a bit part player at best.

They don't play to his strengths though do they? Their results have improved since he has been getting more game time (and Lovren less).

James Horncastle tweets from Juve V Inter

Ha! Osvaldo comes on. Icardi has the chance to play him in. Doesn’t. Osvaldo furious. Has to be calmed down. Kovacic now sent off

Fantastic. Mancini reprimands Osvaldo for his reaction. Osvaldo tells him where to go. 2 subs made. 3 strikers. 10 men. Pazza Inter

He's calming down then

They don't play to his strengths though do they? Their results have improved since he has been getting more game time (and Lovren less).

Yeah, but Lovren's been getting less (i.e. no) game time because they've gone to a back 3 - which features Can, Skrtel and Sakho - and at the same time they're using Gerrard far less as a DM where he'd been utterly hopeless but seemingly undroppable.

Comes to something when Lovren can't even make the 18 for AFC Wimbledon away. :D

Just been reading a fanzine of AFC Wimbledon's, post-Liverpool:

"Southampton must still be ****ing themselves over selling Lambert to them"

Interesting angle. I don't think many predicted it would go as badly as it has for him. I do recall however a Liverpool season ticket holder who lives in Preston telling me he went to the Preston v Liverpool friendly in pre-season, said he stuck out like a sore thumb as early as that.

Gerrard now saying that if he'd have been offered a contract in the summer he'd have signed. 'Pool fans will be after Rodgers head on a platter.[/b}

Yep! Yet another little stir of the pot as part of a cleverly-orchestrated campaign to manouver Gerrard into a position where he can challenge for Rodgers' job.

No wonder Brenda wants him out of the club and as far away as possible.

This just makes me even more angry that we wasted our money on him in the first place. This aspect of his character was well-known from more than one incident in the past. It was a signing that was never, ever going to work out, and I refuse to believe that Cortese wasn't warned by Reed and the scouting team about it.

Imagine what we might have achieved last season if we had spent that £15m on a decent, sane player who wanted to be here.