Defectors Watch

adrian lord

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2886562/Adam-Lallana-sees-signs-Liverpool-lift-helping-rescue-point-against-Arsenal.html

Why is it Lallana this, Lallana that?? What is the Liverpool PR team trying to sell - a future captain?

In the Guardian too: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/25/adam-lallana-liverpool

They've got a very nice set of fixtures coming up, so no doubt they'll start winning, close the gap on the teams above, and the media will begin their Liverpool love in all over again. They'll overlook that they're playing the likes of Burnley, Leicester, Sunderland and Aston Villa in four of their next five league games.

Nothing is ever good enough for Liverpool.

Because the majority of them live in the past,or the future but rarely in the present.

This season's side is judged in comparison to last season's but there it was just 10 so so players and Suarez, before him it was Torres and so on and so forth. Liverpool have generally been gifted with an exceptional striker, when they aren't you see their true nature.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2886562/Adam-Lallana-sees-signs-Liverpool-lift-helping-rescue-point-against-Arsenal.html

Why is it Lallana this, Lallana that?? What is the Liverpool PR team trying to sell - a future captain?

Most definitely a PR blitz by Liverpool and Lallana's public relations firm. Cosy agreement for long 'in-depth' interviews to fill the papers at a quiet time of year, in return for sugary sweet positive copy and optimism in the actual articles. Bingo, 'everyone' is happy.

Most definitely a PR blitz by Liverpool and Lallana's public relations firm. Cosy agreement for long 'in-depth' interviews to fill the papers at a quiet time of year, in return for sugary sweet positive copy and optimism in the actual articles. Bingo, 'everyone' is happy.

Christmas is a quiet time of year on the football pages?

I think Liverpool put Adam forward because he's well spoken and has a more interesting story than most Liverpool players - jumping ship etc.

Nothing is ever good enough for Liverpool.

Because the majority of them live in the past,or the future but rarely in the present.

This season's side is judged in comparison to last season's but there it was just 10 so so players and Suarez, before him it was Torres and so on and so forth. Liverpool have generally been gifted with an exceptional striker, when they aren't you see their true nature.

No stereotype will ever be too fanciful for you to present as cast iron fact.

I live in the city and speak to loads of Reds fans. They're pretty realistic most of the time, but got a bit excited last season and are proper miffed this season. Understandable enough. They had the title in their hands last year and imploded. They should have expected a decent replacement for Suarez this year. They've regressed and have not bought well.

There isn't a great deal of faith in Rodgers' abilities, the players he bought or the way he's using them. To me, such concerns would put them bang smack in the present.

No stereotype will ever be too fanciful for you to present as cast iron fact.

I live in the city and speak to loads of Reds fans. They're pretty realistic most of the time, but got a bit excited last season and are proper miffed this season. Understandable enough. They had the title in their hands last year and imploded. They should have expected a decent replacement for Suarez this year. They've regressed and have not bought well.

There isn't a great deal of faith in Rodgers' abilities, the players he bought or the way he's using them. To me, such concerns would put them bang smack in the present.

The local fans are fine, they know their football. It's the media lovefest that gets a bit wearing at times.

Don't you realise they've won the title of the most deluded fans in world football, forty six times since the war. Give them some credit...

I think those that declared Tadic to be far superior were a bit hasty.

Silly stuff for Saints fans especially to say, we know more than any other fans how good he is!

A bit of spurned bravado. Wouldn't hold that against anybody considering the way in which he did one.

When both are on top form its a close call.

yeah, but someone who does say, for example, consistently good over the season, in my opinion, is better than someone who is excellent in the first ten games and average over the rest.

Also, that's my opinion, and Tadic could perform amazingly from now till the end of the season.

Regardless, I think we replaced Lallana well, especially when you consider we made a profit from it as well.

When both are on top form its a close call.

Close, but Lallana better for me. Lallana on top form is a goal threat which we havent seen from Tadic. AL will be close to 10 PL goals most likely.

Also Lallana works so hard closing people down which is rarely noted by pundits etc.

Don't get me wrong, Tadic is excellent when on form and we got a great fee for Lallana but there is something about him that is so good to watch (not his new teeth though).

Close, but Lallana better for me. Lallana on top form is a goal threat which we havent seen from Tadic. AL will be close to 10 PL goals most likely.

Also Lallana works so hard closing people down which is rarely noted by pundits etc.

Don't get me wrong, Tadic is excellent when on form and we got a great fee for Lallana but there is something about him that is so good to watch (not his new teeth though).

Fair points

Sky said it was first time he has scored twice (been on a hat-trick) in his professional career. Is that true?

How anyone thinks his finish for the 3rd was easy is beyond belief.

To answer my own question, twice in Championship and four times in League One. Guess the Sky commentator is forgetting that professional careers exist outside the PL.