Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Agreed. He just provides the most frequent hilarity.

Lambert didn't feature

Shaw is injured

Chambers was suspended

Lallana was first in the showers again.

Poch won (in the last minute again)

Gillett scored for Yeovil

Adkins got spanked 6-1

Boruc let in three but still won

Surman played 90 minutes in said game

Osvaldo's Inter are playing Chievo tomorrow night

Michael Poke was an unused subsitute for Pompey

Tommy Forecast got the night off from his Saturday job at the Harvester in Hamble

Michael Antonio and Danny Fox drew 0-0 for Forest against Rotherham.

Dexter Blackstock also played and was subbed off

Dan Petrescu have a very nice afternoon walking his dachshund, Jurgen.

I think that about covers it.

Bart kept a clean sheet for Ipswich at Bolton. McGoaldrought got booked as well as not scoring, in the same game.

Yesterday was the 1st time that I really thought that we missed Lallana.

He is an absolute ****, but how he's being used by Rogers is nothing short of disgusting to be honest. He is tactically clueless.

Wasting players like Lambert and Lallana, that football club can get a hell of a lot more out of both of them if they had some sort of plan. They're not bad players.

Rogers has just lost the plot. He had a real chance to push on this year and become regular challengers, and was given £££££ to pursue it, but he has actually managed to destroy the team. Absolutely ruined it. He built a decent side last year, obviously they had Suarez, but they were decent in other area's too. All he's done this summer is create a mess by signing too many of the same - and more than anything I think he's confused himself.

Last legs I reckon.

He is an absolute ****, but how he's being used by Rogers is nothing short of disgusting to be honest. He is tactically clueless.

Wasting players like Lambert and Lallana, that football club can get a hell of a lot more out of both of them if they had some sort of plan. They're not bad players.

precisely my arguement.

Rodgers never saw Lambert as a first choice striker,(but as a back-up for another Suarez) who he failed to replace. Balotelli is a joke....

... but he wanted Lallana more, but failed to realise that much of Lambert's success was a team built around the partnership of the two of them....and that our midfield was built around Lallana.

He's rarely had them both on the pitch at the same time, and most often only given Lambert " the graveyard shift " for the last 10 mins in a losing game, and then condemns him to the bench for not scoring.

Ricky wasn't great in every Saints game he ever played, and often went 2-3 games between goals, but there was a structure there that worked (for us) for much of the time.

I noted that Lovren (playing his normal game) was blatantly responsible for one of MU 's goals. Further shame may come in Cup game at Bournemouth, as Rodgers has dropped Mingolet "indefinitely" for Brad Jones, and with Boruc in goal for Bournemouth, I might see a big upset on the horizon....and Liverpool looking for a new manager before the New Year.

Losing that type of fixture has been the death knell for many nervous managers.

Bart kept a clean sheet for Ipswich at Bolton. McGoaldrought got booked as well as not scoring, in the same game.

Derby fans are getting more and more annoyed by Leon Best. He's reported to be on £35k a week, wages Derby are paying in full during his loan spell, scoring absolute zip in 13 appearances.

But anyway, I thought this thread was mainly about Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, etc.

Derby fans are getting more and more annoyed by Leon Best. He's reported to be on £35k a week, wages Derby are paying in full during his loan spell, scoring absolute zip in 13 appearances.

But anyway, I thought this thread was mainly about Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, etc.

What has Leon Best ever done in his career to warrant £35k a week. Stealing a living. If derby are paying him that they are mugs in the first place.

Indeed.

I still have nightmares about David McGoaldrought. Still, I maintain, the worst striker I've ever seen play for us.

At only 18 years of age, probably a bit harsh to give him that label. Should never have been our first choice striker in the first place.

Sign him up then.

That's not what I'm saying is it. There are various levels of talent, not just "worst player ever" and "we need to sign him now".

And those other couple of knobs that Atkins saddled us with for a while, Jonno Quick and whatisname from err Wolves.

Kerry Dixon was atrocious as well, McGoldrick actually scored goals from time to time.

Just now we need a back up striker with a bit of savvy because Pelle just isn't getting the job done regularly, I'm not a fan of Bambi and JRod....well who knows when we'll see him again. We need someone to come on when Mayuka does and put himself about a bit.

At only 18 years of age, probably a bit harsh to give him that label. Should never have been our first choice striker in the first place.

Yet he went to Forest for a million? Sounds as if everyone thought he was ready to me.

There is a fair bit of competition for that honour, especially between 2005 - 2009.

Step forward Vincent Pericard.......

That was the other name I had in mind, but I was fortunate enough not to see him live.

I think the worst miss in a football match I've ever seen was by Bradley Sh*te-Phillips, the thieving little git. Coventry away, 2007/08 I think, 1 - 1 draw.

McGoldrick is actually a solid scorer for Ipswich, 20 goals in 50 league games.

Yep and when Leicester tried to buy him over the summer, Ipswich quoted £8m. Unbelievable.

I had high hopes for McGoldrick didn't he bang in 34 goals for the Reserves and u21s and being mooted as the next big thing !?

It was a shocker of a reserve league though, unless playing Wycombe's second string is a good test of ability. He did well at Bournemouth I seem to recall, but that was League One/Two.

Souness and Redknapp seem to think that a Bournemouth fan has blown a whistle which has distracted Tommy Elphick for the second goal.

Bournemouth are a professional club right? How very amateur.

It does sound like a whistle was blown.

Amusing hearing the AFCB fans getting worked up over Lallana. He's playing quite well I thought.

So after not remotely taking the cups seriously for us, Pochettino is through to a semi-final in the League Cup with Spurs, and likely a trip to Wembley, given they drew Sheffield Utd (yes, I know they beat us, but they're still easier ties on paper than Chelsea or Liverpool, especially over two legs). Cheers Mauricio!

So after not remotely taking the cups seriously for us, Pochettino is through to a semi-final in the League Cup with Spurs, and likely a trip to Wembley, given they drew Sheffield Utd (yes, I know they beat us, but they're still easier ties on paper than Chelsea or Liverpool, especially over two legs). Cheers Mauricio!

He's got a squad to play 2 games a week, EL obligé. He always said he put out the best available side at Sunderland, few gave any credibility to that and I see he's referred back to it in his latest pre-match talk. Says that we (well I presume that he means us) did not respect the players he put out on that occasion, slagging them off, accusing them of not trying. It's taken him a while to get his message across there but as he's now shot of Adebayor for at least the forseeable future things may look up for them.

Edited by Window Cleaner

He also name checked us post-match which was nice of him. Along the lines of 'look at what happened to them.'

We made 5 changes and got knocked out by a league 1 side

He made 5 changes and we get knocked out by a prem side. Yet he never took it seriously?

It basically, the lack of depth in the squad both managers have.

He made 5 changes and we get knocked out by a prem side. Yet he never took it seriously?

Koeman has played strong sides in the cup generally. He has only been forced into changes by injuries and suspensions. Granted, they should still have been strong enough to beat Sheffield United. We had a near full strength team available for the game against Sunderland last year, if memory serves, but Pochettino still made changes.

If you don't get it you never will. Not the same at all.

If you don't get it you never will. Not the same at all.

Stop ruining his fun. I think this one is one of Batman's finest "everyone's a hypocrite" incredulous routines. I can see he is proud of it.

Pochettino and Koeman had exactly the same approach to the League Cup at Saints, exactly the same. Honest they did.

The team Poch put out should have been good enough to beat an under strength Sunderland side. It may look that he didn't care but if we had been told before the game that Sunderland were playing a weakened side and we had still most of our first team we would have been confident. Both games we were disappointing much like when we also had a good opportunity under Strachan at Bolton but again the team failed to turn up.

all the performances were the same, the team either froze , couldn't be bothered or not good enough. The fans made the effort in every one of those ties

Poch fielded a weak team vs Sunderland we lost; forum experts complained for months that we should have played best team and gone for it.

Koe played strongest team vs Sheff u we lost; forum experts complaining that we should have put in the youth team.

Conclusion: forum experts are a shower of cvnts..

Poch fielded a weak team vs Sunderland we lost; forum experts complained for months that we should have played best team and gone for it.

Koe played strongest team vs Sheff u we lost; forum experts complaining that we should have put in the youth team.

Conclusion: forum experts are a shower of different people who express different opinions on events. Some opinions on the Sunderland game are different to other peoples opinions on the Blades game.

Fixed it for you.