Sadio Mane Signs 4 Year Deal - Official

Appy

Maybe you should get your mate to text you?

He won't tell me anything. Not spoken to me since I bowed to pressure from people on here and named him. Understandable really, it wasn't a very clever thing to do but I was sick of people giving me grief. I've had a couple of texts about a player he scouted in the states who has just signed for a championship team but **** all Saints related. Think I've burned my bridges with that one.

Remember where you heard it first.

I'm only kidding, just good at eaves dropping and thought you lot deserved to hear.

Appreciated. Wish i worked at Sky with all those hotties...

I really, really hope we did beat Poch and Spurs to this guy.........got a feeling they were never in for him though.

Love how it is a bright sky in the background on both deals today (and he mentions Gaston as an alternative). Deals were either done early today, or premature interview?

I think they just film the interview assuming the deal will get done, and don't release it if the deal falls through. I don't seriously believe they want to wind people up and force the media dept to work later than necessary.

I think they just film the interview assuming the deal will get done, and don't release it if the deal falls through. I don't seriously believe they want to wind people up and force the media dept to work later than necessary.

Agree, regarding Toby, Koeman interview was recorded earlier than player interview with shirt & scarf. Just think they are pretty sure of the deal going through early on. Like K,Billy said, relax... Must admit they had me a bit worried (but as soon as the Gaston to Hull story broke I was fairly confident).

Probably the case, but they may also hold off announcing something done in the day as other deals are in the pipeline (eg Gaston to Hull) and may increase our bargaining hand to appear that the deal isn't closed.

He may well have dual nationality having played for Metz a couple of years ago, so he'd be an EU citizen and not need a permit.

I've tried to look into it but can't find anything about his nationality other than Senegalese so would think he does need one (unless that was the delay in announcing his signing). Where's MLG when you need him.

Cracking signing, but was anyone remotely bothered that in RoKo interview about the player he implies that saints were a step forward from where he is now, but bigger steps may be available should he perform?

Nah, perhaps it's better that we get used to that fact now?! It's true, if he does well here he could move to a Top 4 club in the next few years. Koeman seems a very realistic kind of guy.

Nah, perhaps it's better that we get used to that fact now?! It's true, if he does well here he could move to a Top 4 club in the next few years. Koeman seems a very realistic kind of guy.

Next few years might be optimistic! Next summer more likely if he does well (look at Lovren).

Lets just enjoy a great season with a strong squad before we do this all again next year though!

Great signing! I hope the song for him will be Radio Ga Ga - that's quite easy to bellow out at the top of your lungs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzRr5YHNCk4

As an aside, it's funny that one of Mané's former teammates in Salzburg is the Spanish version of Graziano Pellè: Jonathan Soriano has scored 77 goals in 81 appearances for RB Salzburg, but has yet to be capped at senior level for Spain...

Great signing! I hope the song for him will be Radio Ga Ga - that's quite easy to bellow out at the top of your lungs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzRr5YHNCk4

As an aside, it's funny that one of Mané's former teammates in Salzburg is the Spanish version of Graziano Pellè: Jonathan Soriano has scored 77 goals in 81 appearances for RB Salzburg, but has yet to be capped at senior level for Spain...

Holy hell, look at this guy's scoring record, amazing at every Spanish youth level,Barca B and Espanyol B and of course Salzberg. Shocked no one has taken a serious punt on him frankly.

Pace always causes problems. It frightens the life out of defenders when you have players running at you, so I'm confident he will add to us. It's something we probably haven't had since Jason left and we were crying out for someone like him last year in my opinion, as there were times when the tip tap around the penalty box wasn't actually going to do anything.

When Rickie left,

We thoughts that it,

We're gonna be, really ****,

And everyone that was to go,

Was being brought by Liverpool.....

When Lallana left,

we thought that's it,

Who will we, just have left,

Then Lovern went,

the massive ****

And left us no-one at the back,

So koeman came,

And made some noise,

The squad was full of little boys,

So signings galore,

we brought players in,

and then there's this guy,

We bought for ten mil,

You've had your time,

You've got the power,

Your about to have your finest hour,

SADIO!!!!

All we hear is,

Sadio Mane....

Needs some work but lol

Like the idea of Radio Gaga to be used as his chant, but 'all we hear is' and 'whats new?' could be changed, as could other words for the chorus

All we hear is

Sadio Mane

Sadio Mane

Sadio Mane

All we hear is

Sadio Mane

Sadio Mane

Sadio what's new?

Sadio, Southampton we love you!