• Schneiderlin
    • Davis, S
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Mane
    • Cork

Pelle was below par today.

Luckily, Pellet was not playing......or in our team.

darn. Replying to an edited post!!!

Either way. It's a team performance, we were too busy containing an excellent hull side to feed Pelle all the time. He did as well as should be expected.

Edited by Ohio Saint

And on we go. Not the best performance i've seen from us this season and Pelle was actually a little wasteful in places. Credit to Hull though their midfield was one of the few i've seen that have actually competed all game with ours.

Wanyama was a beast again today, by no means the prettiest or most technically talented of footballers but the guy is such a unit he can get away with it. Also thought both Toby and Fonte were monsters in defence.

2nd in the league 22pts, +17 goal difference and only conceded 5 goals and it's the start of November. If you'd told me that would be the case in the summer i'd have told you were certifiable!

Great stuff.

Bruce was very clever tactically and nullified our attacking strength (Pelle and Tadic), but unlike previous years we adapted and managed a hard fought win - probably a better professional result than against Funderland ?

Think our front 3 looked jaded, lots of sloppy passing too many passes short or putting the man into trouble but what an effort. Big Vic is my favourite player and he was a brick sh*thouse out there today so time for this.

Back 5 were immense as well, I still can't believe we are winning so much it feels unreal !!!

dpc5r.jpg

Pelle was below par today.

There wasn't a great deal of attacking fluidity from us today at all, yet we still could (and should) have had a couple.

Was probably one of our worst displays of the season as an attacking outfit, but one of our best as a defensive units.

Truly incredible performance by our defense. Not just the back four. Morgan and Big Vic absolutely immense. Toby's best game for us yet. We're starting to see what he can do. Fonte inspirational. Clyne, despite the most intense pressure, was superb. Never let us down. Hull were impressive... in the same way that we were impressive last year. Endless energy, closing down, some promising midfield moves ...but ultimately failed to pose that much real risk. I get more certain week by week that this is a team for the ages. We could easily have won it 3-0. To be able to grind it out at 1-0 is a really, really good sign.

I mean compare and contrast with Chelsea today. They were at HOME to a relegation side ...and were lucky to scrape through.

A fantastic, hard-fought, professional, thrilling win.

felt for hull in a way

we all know what it is like having your 3rd keeper give the game away

I didn't feel for them at all. Sounds entirely like it was a deserved win and but for wasteful finishing we could have had more.

7 league wins from 8. Absolutely phenomenal.

not the prettiest we've played and credit to Hull for making us work so hard .Big Vic was his usual colossus self my fav player and first name on my teamsheet. Pelle ,Tadic and Spider were all a bit quiet today (especially by their standards).Wouldnt say anyone had a particularly bad game.

So can we start getting excited and believing we're the real deal this season ,or are we still just a midtable obscurity team who should know their place?

I thought we were in for a long hard struggle this season after our summer of discontent .I couldn't have been more wrong (thankfully).the way the team has gelled is incredible,plus they're at least as good if not better than those who left.I loved Poch and the way we played,but RK is definitely an upgrade.Barring some wholesale injuries like last season,i really can see us upsetting the status quo.

Great result, like Stoke Hull are another outfit that will take points off teams around us. Not a bad team and an astute manager.

Good to see big Vic on the scoresheet, gritty wins tell you more about the character of a team than 8-0 romps and the fact that the goals are being shared around is a sign of a strong team.

I didn't feel for them at all. Sounds entirely like it was a deserved win and but for wasteful finishing we could have had more.

7 league wins from 8. Absolutely phenomenal.

You never actually saw the game, did you. Hull deserve respect for this game. They never layed down, ever.

From the radio it sounded like we were below par and got a bit of luck today. Still it's that old cliché a good team is one that wins even when they are having an off day. Team sounded a bit tired but I guess two physical games against Stoke will do that to a team. Defence sounded superb today real bodies on the line stuff. Happy days :smug:

Southampton's haul of 22 points from the first 10 matches in a top flight season is the club's best ever. They had 20 in 1983-84, when they finished second.

21 points last season- and then we lost our next three in a row to Arsenal, Chelsea and Aston Villa. Really hope that doesn't happen again this season.

Big tests coming up as we all know, but who cares if we loose some of those, we are beating the samller teams like us. I have thought for years that it is possible to make to top 4 if you just beat the little teams and dont loose or get the odd annoying draw. But before we have the big teams dont we have villa and leicester coming up? Get 6 points in those and who cares about city, man u etc, they will be miles back by then! Chelsea look too good for everyone for the title, but no one is making a decent push for 2nd or 3rd except us! COYS!

Fantastic result at the end of a tough week regards travelling and nature of opponents. Absolutely amazed to be sat so solidly at the top end of the table. These last three results have really impressed me as I had a worry that we might come down to earth after stuffing Sunderland.

Hats off to the players, manager and those working hard to prepare them. This start to the season is all the more sweeter for our summer "troubles".

I guess the question on everyone's lips is can we beat the really big sides, because we seem to be beating everyone else. Amazing stuff. Lovin it.

Cant wait for this team to play the likes of Chelsea , Man city etc ....... the only excuse garth crooks has could be taken away when we beat the BIG sides as they put it !

Chez - I am assuming you no longer think we are relegation candidates (after the summer exodus)? Not trying to be snarky as you are one of the posters whose posts I truly do enjoy reading - but we really appear to have upgraded on every player who left in the summer.

What a turnaround from the summer! Kudos to all at the club.....watching today never once did I think we would concede despite playing below par and looking very, very tidy up front.

Highly unlikely, but could we truly challenge for top 4 this season? Liverpool and Spurs look terrible and that really leaves Arsenal, Man U and ourselves looking like the best of the rest.

Cant wait for this team to play the likes of Chelsea , Man city etc ....... the only excuse garth crooks has could be taken away when we beat the BIG sides as they put it !

Odd thing is we have played more than half the teams once now, and yet we still have to play 4 of the bottom 6 before we get to half way. Apart from Chelsea all the other big teams are still below us, some a long way below. The Manc derby could be quite useful to us, a draw would probably be a decent result for us in our quest for Champions League qualification :-)