• Wanyama
    • Schneiderlin
    • Davis, S
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Mane
    • Cork

And on we go. Not the best performance i've seen from us this season and Pelle was actually a little wasteful in places. Credit to Hull though their midfield was one of the few i've seen that have actually competed all game with ours.

Wanyama was a beast again today, by no means the prettiest or most technically talented of footballers but the guy is such a unit he can get away with it. Also thought both Toby and Fonte were monsters in defence.

2nd in the league 22pts, +17 goal difference and only conceded 5 goals and it's the start of November. If you'd told me that would be the case in the summer i'd have told you were certifiable!

Great stuff.

Vic's goal REALLY was the difference in this case. Sure, it needed a defensive error, but it also needed an inch-perfect lob, expertly taken.

Full credit to Hull. They were a very solid team. Much better than some other teams with a bigger reputation......A lot like Saints really!! ;)

we seemed to find it pretty hard to pick our way through hull packed midfield, particularly first half. Spose it was cos of hull weird formation or whatever.

Hull had a good go, I thought, they look a decent side but never really looked like scoring, because we're too awesome :)

Edit: MOTM Jose pls

A gritty performance, I thought in parts in the first half we were complete pants in terms of ball control - but luckily that was only a short phase, and we got to grips with it thereafter.

Hull huffed and puffed, but similar to Stoke last weekend, never look like scoring and never tested forster.

People will say it's because Hull were poor in attack, but as a defensive back 5 (I include Wanyama in that) we were unbeatable in that 2nd half. Diame v Wanyama was always going to be an interesting battle, and seeing how frustrated Diame was at the end said it all. Another battle won fair and square by Wanyama.

Can't quite believe what I'm seeing really. I think we're a better outfit than last year tbh.

Over a quarter of the season gone and we're top two.

People will point at our fixtures so far, but we're picking up points where other teams have slipped.

Factor in that Koeman has a very good reputation for picking up wins against top teams...

That little tiny chance of a top four spot is growing by the week.