Chelski build up thread

Dark Munster

José Mourinho was asked about being mocked and people laughing at Chelsea's elimination today. I have posted his reply below.

Mourinho: "Envy is the biggest tribute the shadows can give to the man."

So would it put him off his stride if we arranged for "The Shadows" tribute band ("The Saddoes") who play in my local every 4th Sunday to be at Stamford Bridge tomoz and serenade him with a song about envy when he gets off the coach tomorrow?

Thanks, that was interesting. I'm trying to remember if our formation changes were a consequence of injuries, or tactics...

I'm puzzled about our stats though. There have been arguments on here one at least one occassion about whether we were playing 3-5-2 or 5-3-2, yet neither appears in the stats as a formation that Ron has used. 3-4-3 and 5-4-1 apparently have been used, I guess one of the ones where we argued about 352/532 must have been one of these according to the stattos.

So I'm probably going to get slayed for saying this but i'm thinking we should take a risk this game and start with Reed ahead of Wanyama - give Reed one simple instruction ..... wear Hazard in your pocket.

Just think Vic is a bit of a mismatch for this game. Appreciate we will lose much needed height and strength for defensive set pieces, but think nullifying Hazard is key.

So I'm probably going to get slayed for saying this but i'm thinking we should take a risk this game and start with Reed ahead of Wanyama - give Reed one simple instruction ..... wear Hazard in your pocket.

Just think Vic is a bit of a mismatch for this game. Appreciate we will lose much needed height and strength for defensive set pieces, but think nullifying Hazard is key.

You're right, you will get slayed. You're considering taking Wanyama, who has been one of our most consistent players and arguably our best player off for Reed- and to mark Hazard?!

Wanyama is what Matic is to Chelsea- vital and we need him.

Give him time. He's gonna be very good

Who knows...he might score today and become the latest zero to hero on this board

Nah write him off with rib cracking jokes. Then spend the rest of the day stroking your ego over how witty you are.

Give him time. He's gonna be very good

Who knows...he might score today and become the latest zero to hero on this board

Yeah I hope so. He does need to stop diving though as it's embarrassing and refs will not give him anything.

Nah write him off with rib cracking jokes. Then spend the rest of the day stroking your ego over how witty you are.

It's not about my ego its about a player throwing himself to the ground at every opportunity. As you say though it's early days and hopefully he would have been advised.

I'd go

Forster

Clyne

Toby

Fonte

Bertrand

Big Vic

Morgan

Davis

JWP

Mane

Pelle

Either this or swap JWP for one of Tadic or Djuricic.

TBF Man U away was about JWP's best performance of the season, I'd be inclined to play him in this one, leave either/both of Tadic and Djuricic for the last 15 minutes when it's still 0-0 and we're looking to knick it.

0-1 to the mighty Saints (pen in the 83rd minute, no idea who will take it though!)

I'd go

Forster

Clyne

Toby

Fonte

Bertrand

Big Vic

Morgan

Davis

JWP

Mane

Pelle

TBF Man U away was about JWP's best performance of the season, I'd be inclined to play him in this one, leave either/both of Tadic and Djuricic for the last 15 minutes when it's still 0-0 and we're looking to knick it.

0-1 to the mighty Saints (pen in the 83rd minute, no idea who will take it though!)

True. The only other option could be to leave Yoshida at the back and play Toby in the middle:

--------------Forster---------------

Clyne---Fonte---Yoshida---Bertrand

-------Wanyama--Toby--------------

-------------Morgan---------------

Davis-------Pelle-----------Mane

True. The only other option could be to leave Yoshida at the back and play Toby in the middle:

--------------Forster---------------

Clyne---Fonte---Yoshida---Bertrand

-------Wanyama--Toby--------------

-------------Morgan---------------

Davis-------Pelle-----------Mane

I agree 100%, my choice also.