Chelski build up thread

Dark Munster

crap game but we won, and in the last 50 years we have normally lost such games.

i would park the bus at Chelsea

bring Toby back but keep Yoshi in, no Pelle and rely on Long and Mane's pace to hurt them

Have to agree with this. And nice to actually be the team parking the bus for a change.

Nothing to lose, and they can afford slip ups which psychologically could help, who knows. Christ if Bradford can do it...

Wanyama, Morgan and Davis for that one for me, they'll make it difficult for them. Tadic, Long and Mane up front, Toby back in defence.

agreed- tbh it depends on who mourinho plays as the cb pairing. if cahill and terry play, long and mane can use their outpace them both- however zouma has been a revelation for them...

i'd play this:

forster

clyne fonte toby bertrand

morgan wanyama davis

djuricic

mane long

4312 formation

bench: davis, gardos, yoshida, elia, tadic, jwp, pelle

wouldn't even mind seeing mane up front and tadic and djuricic behind him, with long on bench.

Koeman knows best though!

----------------Forster------------------

Clyne--Fonte--Alderwiereld--Bertrand

----Wanyama-------Schneiderlin------

--------------Djuricic-------------------

Mane----------Long--------------Tadic

bench: K. Davis, Elia, Pelle, Yoshida, Gardos, Davis, JWP

None of this 3-5-2 nonsense. Go with a 4-2-1-3.

I would start Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Toby, Bertrand, Vic, Morgan every game here on out - if healthy - without fail. So really, it is about finding the right places/scheme for the other 4.

Djuricic has the creativity to play the #10.

Tadic needs to be on the left.

Drop Pelle.

Mane will have to adapt on the right.

This, except maybe a full back (Targett) on the bench rather a second CB (Gardos)

None of this 3-5-2 nonsense. Go with a 4-2-1-3.

I would start Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Toby, Bertrand, Vic, Morgan every game here on out - if healthy - without fail. So really, it is about finding the right places/scheme for the other 4.

Djuricic has the creativity to play the #10.

Tadic needs to be on the left.

Drop Pelle.

Mane will have to adapt on the right.

Add Mane to your "should start every game from now on" list - agree on the others. Elia could add a lot of value off the bench from now on, and Djuricic looks a creative force who should sharpen up and improve.

Against Chelsea the 10 will play deeper so more likely Davis or JWP.

Tadic and Mane either side of Pelle for me. Wasn't as if Long did anything to show he should start. His first touch is ****ing woeful and we will need someone who can hold the ball up, and Pelle does that.

Completely forgot that Bertrand had signed for us permanently and so can play. Hopefully he'll be well up for showing Chelsea what they lost by not giving him his chance.

It is not clear that he can play. The rules permit the transfer agreement to excluded him from playing in this game and I have not heard anything specific about what actually occurred.

Chelsea are at their best on the counter, so I'll be happy to see the bus parked and try to counter attack ourselves.

----------Forster

Clyne Fonte Toby Bertrand

--Schneidelrin Wanyama

----------Davis

Mane------------------Elia

----------Long

It means no hoofing up to the front man, need to get it wide quickly instead 'out of a good organisations', but we've got some pacey guys who could cause problems.

I think our decision making was really poor against Palace, we'd really need things to click to come away with a result.

It is not clear that he can play. The rules permit the transfer agreement to excluded him from playing in this game and I have not heard anything specific about what actually occurred.

I'm fairly sure that the interview the club did with him after signing specifically mentioned that he'll be able to play against Chelsea

You have a brilliant way of bringing vagueness and confusion to things that are simple.

Have QPR or Villa got to their 57 point safety target yet?

You have a brilliant way of bringing vagueness and confusion to things that are simple.

Have QPR or Villa got to their 57 point safety target yet?

I guess I am a little slow on the uptake because I have only now realized that I have my very own internet troll. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should deal with the harassment? If I ignore him from now on will he go away?

Just don't think he's played very well for a while. His head is elsewhere. Liverpool I'd expect...

I don't agree thought he was decent the other night and certainly not bad enough to be dropped.

Chelsea are at their best on the counter, so I'll be happy to see the bus parked and try to counter attack ourselves.

----------Forster

Clyne Fonte Toby Bertrand

--Schneidelrin Wanyama

----------Davis

Mane------------------Elia

----------Long

It means no hoofing up to the front man, need to get it wide quickly instead 'out of a good organisations', but we've got some pacey guys who could cause problems.

I think our decision making was really poor against Palace, we'd really need things to click to come away with a result.

That is a quality back 6 when we've got everyone fit and available, can't ask for much more than that away at Chelsea. I'd go with that line up, but either Djuricic or Long in for Elia and keep Pelle up front, he's our best striker. Edited by Sour Mash

I guess I am a little slow on the uptake because I have only now realized that I have my very own internet troll. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should deal with the harassment? If I ignore him from now on will he go away?

Type and type and type and type endless amounts of utter boll ocks. Take everything very personally, get very angry and upset, be offended by everything. Regularly get drunk and come on here ranting and raving about what c*nts anyone who questions your view is. Change your login in name to Redslos cousin. That's how you deal with it.

I would advise against posting Groundhog Day movie screen shots. That only encourages them.... ;)

GroundhogDay1.jpeg

Type and type and type and type endless amounts of utter boll ocks. Take everything very personally, get very angry and upset, be offended by everything. Regularly get drunk and come on here ranting and raving about what c*nts anyone who questions your view is. Change your login in name to Redslos cousin. That's how you deal with it.

Thank you for the suggestions. I don't think I will be doing any of that.

I would advise against posting Groundhog Day movie screen shots. That only encourages them.... ;)

GroundhogDay1.jpeg

I am not sure that will help, but okay.

Thank you for the suggestions. I don't think I will be doing any of that.

I am not sure that will help, but okay.

I think carry on as you are. Your dry little one line responses are always way funnier than their offensives at you. You always seem to come out on top!

Against Chelsea the 10 will play deeper so more likely Davis or JWP.

Tadic and Mane either side of Pelle for me. Wasn't as if Long did anything to show he should start. His first touch is ****ing woeful and we will need someone who can hold the ball up, and Pelle does that.

Errrrr when? Also when did it last help us to play well????

Get unhooked from the old, big, lumbering, slow, lazy, no runs centre forward that is Pelle and move with the times. Slick,fast moving, dynamic football.

Sadly he won't go away, and in this case you will get two for the price of one, since his bosom buddy will also troll you as you may have already noticed.

We wont have possession for long periods.

I think our best chance is on the break, Terry & Ivanovic aren't the most pacey.

2 ways of looking at it. We don't play Pelle & we play 3 quick players to hit Chelsea on the break or we play Pelle and hope he can hold up the ball, win a few free kicks & help take the pressure off the back 4.

Forster

Clyne Alderweireld Fonte Bertrand

Morgan Davies Vic

Mane

Pelle

That is a quality back 6 when we've got everyone fit and available, can't ask for much more than that away at Chelsea. I'd go with that line up, but either Djuricic or Long in for Elia and keep Pelle up front, he's our best striker.

I just can't see how Pelle would get much change out of their back 4. Surely someone quicker and trickier might cause more problems.

In other news, can we change the thread name to 'Chelsea'?

I just can't see how Pelle would get much change out of their back 4. Surely someone quicker and trickier might cause more problems.

In other news, can we change the thread name to 'Chelsea'?

Good point to be fair. They are excellent defensively, the best back 4 in the country and very good in the air, you're right the only weakness might be pace. The fact that Koeman took off Pelle on Weds night suggests he might be looking at alternatives, but I don't really think Long through the middle is the answer. Maybe Mane up front, with Djuricic, Tadic and Davis threading through the balls, but that's quite a big change in our playing style.