Sam Gallagher - Joins Blackburn: Official

Sergei Gotsmanov

Sky are saying it's a season long loan, they are incorrect, the proposed loan is until Jan

They are correct in the sense that you're only allowed to have season long loans now. However, players can also only return to their parent club in a transfer window, which is clearly the intent here. It's still officially a "season long loan" though.

Nice of him to pitch up in with the Saints fans at Old Trafford last night, he very definitely walked past me in the concourse at half time.

They are correct in the sense that you're only allowed to have season long loans now. However, players can also only return to their parent club in a transfer window, which is clearly the intent here. It's still officially a "season long loan" though.

Nice of him to pitch up in with the Saints fans at Old Trafford last night, he very definitely walked past me in the concourse at half time.

With my daughter

• 4 weeks later...
Another goal for Sam today. 3 goals and an assist so far in the championship. If he gets 15-20 goals this season he could be very good for us. He's always had something just had rotten luck on and off the pitch. Well done for turning his career around.

In a struggling side as well.

Not writing him off but there is a big difference between scoring in the championship and scoring in the Premier League, that said I hope he has a great season and comes back here and forces his way in!

Well yes, however scoring in struggling side in the championship is not that easy.... This guy could make it with us ..... Yet....

I look at it this way . If next summer we signed a nipper for nothing who had just notched 15-20 goals in a struggling championship side , we'd be congratulating Les & the black box for a great find .

Of course it doesn't mean he'll make it in the top flight , some players can't make the step up, but even if he doesn't , the good championship season will be in others memories and we should make few quid if he moves on .

Bizarre how many Saints fans have already written him off.

It's only the minority on here voicing that opinion, and in the grand scheme of Saints fans that minority on here is a worm caste in the centre circle of St Mary's.

So many on here long for a whipping boy, Matty Targett cops it (goodness knows why because the people who ACTUALLY decide he makes the team must be complete idiots according to some folks on here) yet the other night he was short changed by Tadic and still people sung his name when subbed. Maya Yoshida plays the odd ball just to make sure Fraser is awake and gets caned, no one scored from them!!, yet Jose has always been on the edge in the box with his man handling, 2 games running concedes a penalty (yes the Arsenal one was very debatable) but the sun shines out of his backside, Cucu Martina apparently is a clown just because Twente fans said as much, if he scored 20 goals like that screamer he did v Arsenal that attitude might possibly change, Soares has not scored a goal but folks would prefer to see him ahead of Martina (I am yet to hear an argument to justify why).

i wonder if people's opinion would have been different if Young Sam had slotted one of his chances away v Arsenal that evening when he was the only available striker and he had the added weight of family issues.

Edited by John Boy Saint

It's only the minority on here voicing that opinion, and in the grand scheme of Saints fans that minority on here is a worm caste in the centre circle of St Mary's.

So many on here long for a whipping boy, Matty Targett cops it (goodness knows why because the people who ACTUALLY decide he makes the team must be complete idiots according to some folks on here) yet the other night he was short changed by Tadic and still people sung his name when subbed. Maya Yoshida plays the odd ball just to make sure Fraser is awake and gets caned, no one scored from them!!, yet Jose has always been on the edge in the box with his man handling, 2 games running concedes a penalty (yes the Arsenal one was very debatable) but the sun shines out of his backside, Cucu Martina apparently is a clown just because Twente fans said as much, if he scored 20 goals like that screamer he did v Arsenal that attitude might possibly change, Soares has not scored a goal but folks would prefer to see him ahead of Martina (I am yet to hear an argument to justify why).

i wonder if people's opinion would have been different if Young Sam had slotted one of his chances away v Arsenal that evening when he was the only available striker and he had the added weight of family issues.

Excellent post

So basically the fanbase aren't slagging off the right players and should be having a go at Fonte, Cedric and Tadic instead. No wonder the club historian liked this post.

According to Blackburn fans on Twitter he was MOTM yesterday and his all-round play has been brilliant.

Some saints fan calling for us to recall him. Let him continue progressing this season and see how he comes back next year.

Good to read that,the experience can only be good for him playing at that level week in week out. Will do him and his confidence the world of good and can only benefit us long term. Better than his wasted time at MK Dons last year.

Hope to see him back for us next season firing on all cylinders.

Do the people who post on here have alcohol-induced amnesia and problems comprehending well, anything?

I do wonder. Seager apparently went to Walsall not Crewe, or was it somewhere else he was at? Rodriguez can't run despite his saying and it having been repeated many times that the tests that were carried out on him by the medical staff that were scientific (i.e. not the mad ramblings of the people who have been let loose to stab repeatedly at keys on a keyboard and post rubbish on this forum by people who go to matches and then imagine half of what's happened because even if it happens right in front of them - or not - they can't see it, don't understand it, decide that their addled view of insanity beats all.

For the record. McCarthy is at Walsall. They think he's a bad centre-back and he doesn't head the ball. He does seem to be an ok right-back, however.

Gape is at Wycombe. He can pass. He reminds them of someone called Scowton. I think he's the second one we've sent them that they like so they might want more of ours.

Gallagher is at Blackburn. They like him. He has come to terms with his growth spurt it seems.

The Crewe lot seemed to like Seager, even though he barely played for them. You can find all of this out by actually going to look for the information if you that interested rather than waiting to be spoon fed and then dribbling it all over your bib as your waffle incoherently like an apoplectic Alpine.

The benefits of sending players out on loan is that they're put in the real football environment and then it's up to them; they make it or they don't. So good luck to Gallagher who does actually have a bit of skill, too.

Another benefit is that you can read what the fans think of our youth and they'll do so in an unbiased fashion as, again, if they don't perform they won't be rated and while you're reading their forums you're not posting crap on this one.

For the record. McCarthy is at Walsall. They think he's a bad centre-back and he doesn't head the ball. He does seem to be an ok right-back, however.

Gape is at Wycombe. He can pass. He reminds them of someone called Scowton. I think he's the second one we've sent them that they like so they might want more of ours.

Yes, McCarthy was at Wycombe last season and they liked him a lot, I think he was awarded their Player of the Season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
He just scored his 4th Championship goal of the season tonight vs Nottingham Forest.

4 goal in 8 (& a bit) games is pretty good going for a struggling team. Amazing how many Saints fans have written him off already.

The experience he's getting is invaluable. Really pleased for him.

The first goal of the night in the Championship comes at Ewood Park, and it's a cheeky one by Blackburn's Sam Gallagher.

The forward races on to a ball over the top and cuts in from the right before slotting a lovely little left-footed effort under the keeper.

He just scored his 4th Championship goal of the season tonight vs Nottingham Forest.

4 goal in 8 (& a bit) games is pretty good going for a struggling team. Amazing how many Saints fans have written him off already.

To be honest I didn't think he'd cut it. Proving me wrong so far.

How long left on his contract with us?

Appreciate he was always a big (tall) lad, but looks like he's filled out a bit as well - looks a unit in the highlights!

There certainly not many 6'4" strikers who can run with the ball either.

He's made terrific progress in a year. He couldn't get in the MK Dons side last year.

Coyle is probably a decent manager to nurture him too.

"I've been an admirer of Gallagher for years," Coyle said.

"We had to work hard to get him here. He had the loan spell (at MK Dons) last year but it didn't go well for him because it came on the back of the bad injury he had.

"I felt we could impart some knowledge, experience that we've picked up. I've had some very good strikers that have come to me, we managed to help Daniel (Sturridge), Benik Afobe, (Marc) Albrighton for a spell, very good attacking players.

"I said to Sam I felt he was in that mould of those players that can continue to develop.

"He's not the finished article. He's willing to listen, learn, you see the pace he's got and he can score goals. He's not ready yet but I think in time he's going to be a very good player."

The victory saw Coyle's men move out of the relegation zone and into 21st place after securing their 12th point of the campaign thus far.

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com

According to Blackburn fans on Twitter he was MOTM yesterday and his all-round play has been brilliant.

Some saints fan calling for us to recall him. Let him continue progressing this season and see how he comes back next year.

...that is a bit premature!. We're talking about him scoring goals for a team struggling at the bottom end of the Championship....not Prem.standard.

If he continues to score regularly, and gets to say 10-12 by the end of the season.....then we're looking at a good prospect.

Otherwise, if he returns too soon ....he'll still be waiting behind Austin, JayRod and Long with an occasional place on the bench in between a few U23 games.

Better off to get a good season under his belt playing at Blackburn every week.

...that is a bit premature!. We're talking about him scoring goals for a team struggling at the bottom end of the Championship....not Prem.standard.

If he continues to score regularly, and gets to say 10-12 by the end of the season.....then we're looking at a good prospect.

Otherwise, if he returns too soon ....he'll still be waiting behind Austin, JayRod and Long with an occasional place on the bench in between a few U23 games.

Better off to get a good season under his belt playing at Blackburn every week.

Agree but would mention scoring goals for a struggling team is a lot harder.

Not surprised SG is coming good - very rare that you find strikers with his height and pace. Losing a parent at such a young age plus injury held him back but saw his full debut v Arsenal under MP and caused them loads of problems aged 18. If he carries this form on, would expect him to be offered a new deal and given taller strikers mature later, I would get him signed up anyway.