Saints v Bournemouth - Build Up Thread

LGTL

im not fussed about Bournemouth as a rival. Just see this as a good fixture with an added bit of interest.

More importantly, we are in good form and this is a 'kind' fixture given their form and league position.

I cannot see how they can stay up. Not bothered if they do

----------------Stek----------------

Cedric---Fonte---Van Dijk---Bertrand

--------Clasie----Wanyama--------

--Mane-----S.Davis-----Tadic--

---------------Pelle---------------

I think this is our best line-up and formation going forward for the rest of this season.

I might entertain Romeu instead of Clasie depending on who we are playing, but IMO, this should be the line-up every match (if fit).

Pretty sure he seems to have an ankle knock anyway, has struggled against Leicester and Liverpool with that, no maybe just taking it easy ahead of the game and given he played 90 on Weds.

Was surprised he played on Wednesday after the knocks he took against Liverpool. Wouldn't be surprised if he was rested for Sunday

Cedric's eye still seems to be an issue, taking a long time to heal...

since they lost Wilson, their confidence has dropped big time.

We should win. But expect a scrap.

They wont be able to prevent the P.M.T trio scoring.

I want to see a performance from CLASIE. A Welcome to Southampton kind of performance. Go boss it.

Lol - saints have got PMT

Really starting to get concerned about JRod now.

His initial surgery was a bit of a botch job allegedly that took some sorting out. Coupled with the bad nature of the injury, I hope this isn't all a sign of things to come.

To the tune of Glory, Glory, Hallelujah/Man Utd/Tottenham Hotspur:

"Do you want to play a friendly?

Do you want to play a friendly?

Do you want to play a friendly?

You can keep all the cash... AGAIN"

Or the straightforward "Shall we raise some cash for you?"

(To the tune of "have you ever seen your d1ck" and many other variations)

We quite like you

We quite like you

You're our 2nd favourite team

You're our 2nd favourite team.

Or

Bournemouth woooah

Bournemouth wooooah

A small town by the sea

We only hate pompey

Mmmm Bournemouth. I hope we beat them and get plenty of goals to help our GD.......After that I would hope they learn a lot about that experience enough to keep them away from relegation so they can stay up.

This is the worst game of the season for me. I want to beat them, but I don't want to see them lose!!

(To the tune of "have you ever seen your d1ck" and many other variations)

We quite like you

We quite like you

You're our 2nd favourite team

You're our 2nd favourite team.

Or

Bournemouth woooah

Bournemouth wooooah

A small town by the sea

We only hate pompey

But that just gives the little ol' Div 4 mob more recognition.

We should go all Millwall on 'em

"You don't like us,

You don't like us,

You don't like us,

We don't care

We quite like you,

We quite like you,

We quite like you,

We don't care"

The concern could also be about before he got his bad foot he had seemingly lost all abilities as a footballer and a professional athlete. When you can't run or kick a ball anymore it's tough to keep playing professional footy. :(

Erm from 8 seconds just watch the lads inability as a footballer :lol:

[video=youtube;CRv5KoSO2-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRv5KoSO2-g

Edited by doddisalegend

Few of their fans on Twitter calling us all 'scummers' all very odd. Do they have no natural rivals ? They have to understand you can't manufacture a rivalry.

Kill em with kindness I say. Sing some nice songs to them and clap them on the pitch.

Then take their 'cherry' and batter their back doors in :)

There's definitely a gap opening up in the Prem and we're on the cusp of it. Hopefully we can be professional tomorrow and get the win and keep pace with the top lot. Win tomorrow and weirdly we're still only 5 points behind rampant Leicester.

Understandably Bournemouth players will be well up for this, and will probably give an extra 10% but simply we are the better team. As long as we don't suffer 11 brain farts we should have enough to win comfortably, but as ever I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win.

Stupid work, wish I could be there but Sky will have to suffice.

I watched highlights of their loss against Liverpool, and noticed that after regaining the ball from a failed corner (they were attacking) Bournemouth passed it straight back up the field to their keeper. If this is a regular tactic, to try and shield Distin (now aged 37), our CM's really need to harry so that Mane and Tadic can benefit from misplaced passes.

Don't understand why you don't. I don't want to lose to them. We are not man Utd!

I mean I couldn't care less if they go down, there is only one team I support,follow care about however you want to phrase it.

We have been more than charitable to those blew few wannabes over the years.

With all their injuries I think they're probably dreading it.

I live and work amongst them . The "two team " ones are giving it large , but the two I know who have only , and do only support Boscombe , are bricking it. One of my oldest mates has followed them through thin & thin and I'm travelling up with him tomorrow , he's said he'll be happy with anything under 3-0 . He reckons they're shocking defensively

I've worked for AFCB (for free, in one of their many hours of need) and lived down there. Let me tell you, they really do not like us.

It's not a 'derby' and it's disappointing to see that one of our own media team say that it is - it shows they don't really understand their own club and its fans. I've been living in London for a couple of years now and this fixture is like Millwall-Charlton. Charlton hate Millwall. Millwall couldn't give a toss about Charlton - they only care about West Ham, don't particularly like Chelsea either.

Is there a rivalry? No. I'm sorry but how can there be when we've played them what, a handful times competitively in about 50 years? There's bugger all else to talk about for media on the south coast so they're naturally making a bigger story out of this game than there really is to tell.

It's also been stirred up by social media and a lot of Dorset keyboard warriors. Its plain embarrassing to see someone pull out a Bournemouth flag and pose with it outside St. Mary's, or hear someone suggest that they're a bigger club. It's amazing what a few games in the top flight does to your ego.

It's not a 'derby'

Completely disagree with you.

OK the word "derby" might have been somewhat basterdised, but a local derby it certainly can be considered to be. But really who cares whether it is or not? What difference does it make? It certainly doesn't make any difference to the 3 points that we will hopefully get.

Is there a rivalry? No. I'm sorry but how can there be when we've played them what, a handful times competitively in about 50 years?

Disagree here as well. Rivalry is what ever you want it to be and is just a matter of opinion. Personally all the other PL teams are rivals, and I don't particularly care about history as the present is the important bit. If AFCB get some kick out of beating us, so be it. It's really not much different to many of our supporters getting some kick out of beating THFC.

It may well have been bigged up by the press, but so what? You don't have to buy into their opinion.

Me. I want the south coast to be well represented in the PL (of course with one exception) and hope AFCB (and us) survive and B&HA get promoted.

Ritchie will score, of course he will. Question is, are we going to have one of our blunt weekends, and if we do - do you reckon we will score 2? They will raise their game big time, Boruc will have a blinder, you know it. And chasing at 0-1 after that Ritchie strike will leave us vulnerable to the counter. So if it goes 0-2 and the Bompey are giving it large do we still not really care? Let's not go there, team will need to be well up for the contest, creative and hungry, or we won't be winning this one.