Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Saints have made a new offer for Dennis Praet' date=' according to freelance Belgian journalist Guy Mabeuse on Twitter. No idea of whether he really is a journalist or if this is reliable.[/quote']

Not sure it's credible. The chaps only got 11 followers and started tweeting 4 days ago.

Plus, the voetballnieuws link he's tweeted doesn't actually say anything about a Saints bid!

Not sure it's credible. The chaps only got 11 followers and started tweeting 4 days ago.

Plus, the voetballnieuws link he's tweeted doesn't actually say anything about a Saints bid!

Not to mention his name comes up nowhere in a search apart from Twitter.

I think we are making a massive mistake relying on Austin and J-Rod both are injury prone we are also asking J-Rod to replicate previous form which is a gamble he might not be half the player he was.

Another striker would be a good shout even if it is a young option or raid the championship someone like Gray, Dembele or McCormick would provide us with cover and potential.

Goalkeeper we need a backup keeper!

We also need to replace the creativity of Mane I would go for Ziyech Pisto Praet

Dembele was Rodgers first signing at Celtic. A real prospect though.

Will probably be the next Celtic player on our radar

LJAJIC JOINS TORINO

Adem Ljajic has joined Torino from AS Roma for a fee of 8.5m euros, Roma have confirmed.

The total sum could eventually rise to 9m euros, should both player and club meet agreed performance clauses.

The Serbian forward, who joined Roma in August 2013, scored 15 goals in 74 appearances for the club.

One of the 1st links of the summer on the move.

Still hoping on Ziyech, sound to me exactly what we need, someone who can create from the middle, score the odd screamer and crucially take set pieces because if we don't have JWP on the pitch you wonder about the quality of our free kicks and corners.

Last season I thought Davis, Bertrand, Tadic and VVD did a pretty good job with corners and free kicks.

Last season I thought Davis, Bertrand, Tadic and VVD did a pretty good job with corners and free kicks.

Ziyech is like a left footed JWP when it comes to set pieces. Although Tadic is pretty good at them, Ziyech is better at them

Should be bought before anyone else picks him up

people say that but he got the same number of goals from midfield as Pelle or Mane managed in a **** Newcastle side. I cant see how having a centeral midfielder add 11 goals to our team would be a bad thing.

Four goals in one game against a rubbish Norwich team and 2 against a Tottenham side who had all but given up takes the gloss off those 11 goals. Coupled with the fact he registered no goals away from home suggests he is prone to go missing. Would probably do better in a better side admittedly but don't think he justifies £25m.

Four goals in one game against a rubbish Norwich team and 2 against a Tottenham side who had all but given up takes the gloss off those 11 goals. Coupled with the fact he registered no goals away from home suggests he is prone to go missing. Would probably do better in a better side admittedly but don't think he justifies £25m.

We might be better off getting Boufal with that price.

CUCO TO BE CLAUDE'S 1ST CASUALTY?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/14626385.Puel_s_first_casualty/?ref=rss

Get French Football ‏@GFFN

Lille begin to get anxious over the sale of Sofiane Boufal: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/lille-begin-to-get-anxious-over-the-sale-of-sofiane-boufal/

Brighton star Solly March in contract negotiations amid Southampton 'interest'

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/14626559.Brighton_star_in_contract_negotiations_amid_Southampton__interest_/?ref=rss

Get French Football ‏@GFFN

Lille begin to get anxious over the sale of Sofiane Boufal: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/lille-begin-to-get-anxious-over-the-sale-of-sofiane-boufal/

And it gets worse for Lille. they had agreed to sell a young striker to Cologne for quite a bit but he failed the medical for some reason or other. Cologne might still buy him but for far less money. Don't know all of the details though.

Would we want Boufal considering:

- He is injured and out til about September

- Wouldn't have a pre season

- Will likely then go to the ACON with Morocco in January

Told that Lille may be willing to accept less than 20m euros for Sofiane #Boufal. Forward is likely to be out injured until September

If it's for £15m or less then yes would be worth it I reckon!

Forster, Bertrand, Long & Davis are all back from hols, the US jaunt is over yet no news or pics at all on OS of training at Matchwood? Seems a bit odd we usually get this stuff rammed down our throats every day with a scattering of player interviews. Sudden gagging order? What's going on up there iris too hot from them to run around a bit?

Forster, Bertrand, Long & Davis are all back from hols, the US jaunt is over yet no news or pics at all on OS of training at Matchwood? Seems a bit odd we usually get this stuff rammed down our throats every day with a scattering of player interviews. Sudden gagging order? What's going on up there iris too hot from them to run around a bit?

Saw a tweet earlier from club suggesting Long was back tomorrow, suspect the same for the rest...

CUCO TO BE CLAUDE'S 1ST CASUALTY?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/14626385.Puel_s_first_casualty/?ref=rss

Martina only had a two year contract and hasn't let the side down when called on doesn't seem much point in getting rid might as well keep him to the end of his contract for squad depth.

Agreed.

As he's under contract another club would have to come in for him anyway. These claptrap articles are always written as though players can just be given away at any point in time.

Edited by Le Timmier
wrong quote

15m for a player whose fitness can't be guaranteed and is said to have attitude problems? No thanks.

Agreed. Sounds like another Hassan Kachloul who decided he was too good for us and engineered a move away.

I do wonder if we'll really be spending much this close season. I don't really mind all the TV money being poured into new contracts for the major players and infrastructure, but it'd still be nice to have one marquee signing.

As has been pointed out many times, we can't compete financially with other Premier League clubs even the likes of Crystal Palace and Stoke, so if another PL club is intereted in a player too we might as well forget him. That means any signing we make will be leftfield. If that results in us getting another Mane then no problem. But I wonder if now that Paul 'Black Box' Mitchell has moved to Spurs, we are capable of unearthing another gem like that. i guess we'll soon find out. Fingers crossed.

As has been pointed out many times, we can't compete financially with other Premier League clubs even the likes of Crystal Palace and Stoke, so if another PL club is intereted in a player too we might as well forget him.

Stoke were heavily linked with both Cedric and Redmond, yet they both signed for us.

As has been pointed out many times, we can't compete financially with other Premier League clubs even the likes of Crystal Palace and Stoke, so if another PL club is intereted in a player too we might as well forget him. That means any signing we make will be leftfield. If that results in us getting another Mane then no problem. But I wonder if now that Paul 'Black Box' Mitchell has moved to Spurs, we are capable of unearthing another gem like that. i guess we'll soon find out. Fingers crossed.

WHU spent some time moaning about Charlie Austin's wage demands. He then signed for us. Leicester were in for Pelle, he signed for us. Cedric. Redmond.

So that's four players off the bat.

For something that "has been pointed out many times" who are all these players that we've lost out to to the likes of Stoke and Palace?

WHU spent some time moaning about Charlie Austin's wage demands. He then signed for us. Leicester were in for Pelle, he signed for us. Cedric. Redmond.

For something that "has been pointed out many times" who are all these players that we've lost out to to the likes of Stoke and Palace?

'Shaqiri' and 'Cabaye' :lol:

Plus, didn't Spurs want Mane too?

Nope. Myth. We can but we choose not too, big difference. We are one of the richest owner clubs in the league... but we go after targets that fit our comfortable price range. If we are truly in competition with another club we have every option to beat them to it. Instead our club has been successful so far in being incredibly astute and placing investment in longer term areas such as scouting and physio department. One season it will go wrong and then you can release the balloons, but for now fair play to the owner and management team.

Mirror but probably not the most accurate you can find if you search: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-leagues-richest-owners-how-6233348

No other Premier League club bid for Austin, Pelle, Cedric or Redmond, which is why we managed to get them. We don't get involved in bidding wars. I did wonder at the time, why no other club bid for Austin. After last season we now know why. I actually think that last summer we would have competed with Leicester in the transfer market but now, no chance.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If this season we prove to be the maestros of the transfer market, then great. Our first fixture this season means we have a real chance of going top of the Premier League for the first time ever, even if it is just for one week. How I would love us to get off to a flying start like that and shove that one down Pompey fans' throats. Signing replacements a few days before the opening game won't help us get off to that flying start, even if it does mean we've reduced the summer wage bill.

No other Premier League club bid for Austin, Pelle, Cedric or Redmond, which is why we managed to get them. We don't get involved in bidding wars. I did wonder at the time, why no other club bid for Austin. After last season we now know why. I actually think that last summer we would have competed with Leicester in the transfer market but now, no chance.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If this season we prove to be the maestros of the transfer market, then great. Our first fixture this season means we have a real chance of going top of the Premier League for the first time ever, even if it is just for one week. How I would love us to get off to a flying start like that and shove that one down Pompey fans' throats. Signing replacements a few days before the opening game won't help us get off to that flying start, even if it does mean we've reduced the summer wage bill.

If you are correct in this then surely that's pretty clever and worth more than getting into a bidding war. We are signing players with talent that no one else is noticing. Yes Austin spent time injured but he didnt get a run at it, we had form players above him when he was fit, I worry he might be a crock like everyone else does but let's actaully see what our infrastructure can do for him in pre-season and then judge him. As we now know, and most suspected, Koeman had his favourites which got played regardless of form... that makes it very hard for youths or squad members to force their way past into the first team... in some ways we were bloody lucky that Pelle got injured so Shane Long was the only option... how long did he have to play a bit part for as an example.

How on earth could West Ham know Austin's wage demands? Why was Redmond chosing between Stoke and us then? Leicester definitely bid for Pelle at the time.

Sorry, as usual you're full of it.

Any chance you can come up with someone we've lost out to to Palace or Stoke then? Anyone?

And dckheads like you will read so much into the opening game. Home we go top - you plank. Will you print the table off and pin it on your wall.

So many seem to delight in writing off our players.

Even for you this is ridiculous. One look at the alphabet should make it clear why we are unlikely to be top of the table after one win.

Even for you this is ridiculous. One look at the alphabet should make it clear why we are unlikely to be top of the table after one win.

well not that ridiculous, only 6 games being played at same time or before on the opening day and goal difference determines who will be top not letters of the alphabet. ;-)

Lots of links today on newsnow.

Who knows if they're more than newspaper fillers but some interesting names/positions nonetheless.

Strikers, Defensive midfield, Right back.

I still think there'll be some new saints come September that we didn't expect,

Keep your eyes on Boufal deal

He's been saying that he's not adverse to staying at Lille if no advantageous transfer can be arranged for him. According to L'Equipe there aren't many suitors and he doesn't fancy Wolfsburg or Schalke... We'll see what happens but the knee injury is really affecting both his and Lille's plans seemingly..

As I said yesterday Guirassy is going to Cologne as planned but for 6 million euros instead of the foreseen 10 because of an old knee injury that Lille were less than honest about in negociations. That will ease the immediate financial pressure on them and they're not going to sell of Boufal on the cheap. I think he harbours some sort of idea that PSG will come in for him before too long.

Edited by Window Cleaner