• Tadić
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Mané
    • Yoshida

Why long more than Pelle ffs??

You are joking aren't you?

I love Pelle, but the amount of work, tackles and good runs Long made today far outweighed Pelles overall performance.

Obviously his goals won the game but Long was far more impressive all over the pitch.

ha oatcakes is a fun read right now

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/255144/get-times-dive-nt

At some point, you have to start blaming the useless, bald headed clowns that officiate. A strong referee could have had them down to 9 men in the first half.

wont argue with this thread though

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/255147/virgil-van-dijk

Virgil Van Dijk. Wow. What a player, won everything today. For all out short comings today you can at least admire how good he was for them. If only we got him back in August

This is nice - worth taking a look at:

Nice to see RK acknowledging the fans.

I remember going to Stoke a couple of years ago (the 1-1 when Begovic scored), and at the end Poch could bearely bring himself to acknowledge the support.

Very good display. The effort in the first half to close the opposition down was obvious to see. As we tired a few gaps opened up, but when the opportunity arose we hustled and hassled Stoke which made it hard for them to do anything. That the difference between us now and earlier in the season (and Bournemouth).

Put under pressure Stoke showed they are still an average side turning ball over time after time. When we got the ball we were much better with it than I have seen from us in a while. The all stuck up front with Pelle, and Longs runs gave us an alternative out ball and a threat.

Lots of good performances from the usual suspects, but I thought Martina had a decent game and Davis put in a tremendous shift. Great stuff chaps. Deserved win and a good performance to go with it.

Edited by Chez

Wow, an excellent win that I didn't think we'd get as Stoke have been excellent lately and we've been poor.

Very pleased for Pelle - Sounded like he got a couple of nicely taken goals which will do him the world of good.

Had a feeling we'd pay for the Tadic miss in the 1st half and feared the worst when they scored early in the 2nd half, but fair play to the lads for grinding it out.

By the sounds of it, we should have finished them off in the 2nd half.

Onwards to Liverpool, which is going to be a monumentally difficult game.

excellent away win

1st half was a brilliant away performance

Pelle was excellent. That is what he needs to do most weeks. MOVE!!!!

absolute dire from Tadic. How he never made it 3 nil with a virtual open goal. Utterly pathetic

2nd half, they came on strong, as you would expect. But after 20 mins or so, we got back into the game

Think Vic will be straight back in mind..

VvD was excellent but Pelle shades MoM for me. Shout to long also, who was a nightmare in the role mane usually plays

also, had to dash out on about just after JWP hit the bar, heard on the car radio that Mane was sent off......any clips??

be interesting to see if the pundits fall over themselves to state how tadic should have had a penalty...... I suspect we wont hear anything

Edited by Batman

Exciting game. Two well taken goals. Pretty good closing down all the game. VVD was the best player on the field. Shane Long was immense, shows massive courage and gives everything. Nice to see Pelle score, but for a man of his size he really is a wooser. The midfield worked hard together with the back four ensuring Forster had little to do. JWP did well when he came on. Mane red should be rescinded. Stoke were a decent side but we didn't retain the ball particularly well regularly giving it away. They looked very dangerous potentially but we worked so hard we nullified most of their threat. Apart from the two goals, Tadic made a mess of a great chance, JWP hit the bar, If Benteke drew a penalty last week for Liverpool, it was a bolted on penalty.

RK reaction to the win -

Huge win today

we spoke to the players before the game, this game and next week are really important

this was a big step to our ambition this season

the players fought for everything

we had the better chances

we made it hard, dusan has to score to make it 3-0

we expected stoke reaction, i was worried

we showed great character

this is a difficult place and we dominated as we did

I have seen the replay for the penalty and it is a 100% a penalty

it is hard for the ref but between him and the linesman, they have to give it

it was not a red card. we will likely appeal

we have had too many red cards. Last week we deserved it. today, we didnt

very impressed with Pelle. great header. His whole performance was brilliant

he won battles, he scored.

he has been struggling, he lacked a little bit of confidence. plays more like that, he will score more

this was a huge win, to get us back on track to where we want to be

not to win this means we would have struggled to get to where we want to be

big game next week. we will see next week

excellent away win

absolute dire from Tadic. How he never made it 3 nil with a virtual open goal. Utterly pathetic

2nd half, they came on strong, as you would expect. But after 20 mins or so, we got back into the game

VvD was excellent but Pelle shades MoM for me. Shout to long also, who was a nightmare in the role mane usually plays

also, had to dash out on about just after JWP hit the bar, heard on the car radio that Mane was sent off......any clips??

See post #32. In the alternative tab above the video window, click on the Russian version (third tab). The Mane incident is at the end of those highlights.

excellent away win

Here's footage of Sadio's straight red... https://twitter.com/voetbalformat/status/708696825700683777

I'm pleased that we are appealing the Mane red. It was a ridiculous decision, as was the failure to award the Tadic penalty. The more that the FA get to witness the incompetence of the likes of Mason, the better it will be for everybody. After Mane went off, we did well to hold on against twelve.

I am genuinely struggling to see what part of Mane made contact with Peeters.

The initial reports are that he led with his elbow, which would have merited a red card, but Mane's arms are by his side and if any player attempts to raise his arms, it's Peeters.

You have to accept that referees have a difficult job and have only a split second to make a decision, but with something like this, he has to be 100% sure and I'm afraid this borders on incompetence.

Amazing that we're having a "poor" season that we're all disappointed with...yet we're 7th. In the Premier League.

Less of the "we're all" anything top 10 would be a good season in my book. People forget that it'd be only the second time in hour history we'd have achieved 3 consecutive top 10 finishes in top flight

You are joking aren't you?

I love Pelle, but the amount of work, tackles and good runs Long made today far outweighed Pelles overall performance.

Obviously his goals won the game but Long was far more impressive all over the pitch.

No I'm not. Pelle did just as much today and scored two goals.

The initial reports are that he led with his elbow, which would have merited a red card, but Mane's arms are by his side and if any player attempts to raise his arms, it's Peeters.

You have to accept that referees have a difficult job and have only a split second to make a decision, but with something like this, he has to be 100% sure and I'm afraid this borders on incompetence.

It's hard to make out, but did they have a clash of heads?

Doesn't border on, just IS ncompetence. The way the w@nker brandishes the red without a moment's hesitation means he saw an absolute stonewall indisputable act of violent conduct. It wasn't and didn't even remotely look like it was.

Two quality goals from us, even if Butland could have saved the second. Essential to get a result against Liverpool now and put the pressure on them with their games in hand.

It looks like Butland was unsighted for a moment by the Stoke defender running across, in front of Pelle, just as Pelle was shooting.

Just seen Diego Costa's second yellow card and subsequent dismissal against Everton.

Why isn't that a straight red for sticking his head into Gareth Barry's face? There was certainly more intent there than Mane made on Peeters,

looks like he went to bite barry. surely he will be out for a period of games?

Just seen Diego Costa's second yellow card and subsequent dismissal against Everton.

Why isn't that a straight red for sticking his head into Gareth Barry's face? There was certainly more intent there than Mane made on Peeters,

Looked like a straight red to me. And if there's any justice, a long ban.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Fantastic result. Looking forward to a huge game against Liverpool now.

Great to see Pelle getting rewards, thought last couple of games he'd looked livelier than previously.

Seen the Mane sending off and that is nuts, really hope that is overturned.

Brave decision by koemnan at the back paid off. Yoshida was restricted to a late cameo. Got to wonder about his long term future at the club though.

Looked like a straight red to me. And if there's any justice, a long ban.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Given how key him and Willian are for Chelsea I hope this is the case- 8th place is potentially ours- unfortunately feel top 7 is too much of a stretch for European football.

Less of the "we're all" anything top 10 would be a good season in my book. People forget that it'd be only the second time in hour history we'd have achieved 3 consecutive top 10 finishes in top flight

I should have said supposed to be, going by what you read on here and hear in the stands.

Lots of strong performances today.

VVD outstanding. Special mention for Martina who did very well against the cheat Arno! Pleased for Pelle. His all round play was a lot better. Oriel played well too.

Sorry, Tadic was poor again. He was involved in Pelles second goal so that's 2. Assists in 2, but he is a long way from his best.

Very pleased!