Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

He's obviously on his way to sign then.

I do hope so. After his silence all day, it's difficult to see circumstances in which he could stay. The club won't sack unless they have to as they will want the compensation but if he announced tomorrow that he had turned Everton down, surely the club would sack him for disloyalty rather than have a lame duck at the helm. If he were to say he had turned Everton down and wants to extend his stay here for another two years or so, he wouldn't be believed because his credibility is blown. After this episode, surely the contract offer would be withdrawn and he would be sacked anyway. It's easy to argue that the success over the last two years is due to the quality of the squad, and to some extent, the luck of other teams doing unexpectedly poorly. It needed a competent manager, of which there are plenty around, but it didn't require any special ability of Koeman otherwise we would not have been down in mid-table in early January after a run of 8 games in which we won just once, drew one and lost six. That included the home draw with Aston Villa and the defeat against Norwich. Not the record of a super star.

Not really practical with Ronald but I'd like to see us stick Erwin on enforced gardening leave (assuming he's on a similar contract and Ron wants him at Goodison).

No Erwin you don't have permission to speak to Everton. Ask us again in 2017.

We can afford to be petty here and there.

Love it

Not really practical with Ronald but I'd like to see us stick Erwin on enforced gardening leave (assuming he's on a similar contract and Ron wants him at Goodison).

No Erwin you don't have permission to speak to Everton. Ask us again in 2017.

We can afford to be petty here and there.

Indeed.

5 stages of Grief -

Denial - it's only in the fcking Mirror, fck me look at those odds tumble

Anger - the lying bastard

Bargaining - go on put one extra carrot on, cheers

Depression - nah Saintsweb will always make things seem better

Acceptance - got there in a couple of days I think.

Pretty sure I went denial, anger, acceptance, and missed the middle two.

Because what else can you do.

Mind you the depression is largely caused by people on here.

Thought Koeman was a man of his word to be honest, I believed he would honour his last year..... the money was too tempting :(

This.

Just another greedy f..ker as the rest.......don't know why I was suckered in to him being an honourable man and who would see his contract out....feels worst than Pochettino

This.

Just another greedy f..ker as the rest.......don't know why I was suckered in to him being an honourable man and who would see his contract out....feels worst than Pochettino

But it's all about ambition! And winning things!

Assuming he signs a five year deal with them, let's take a stab at how many things they might win in that time.

I'll start with.... nothing.

Deal was agreed on two months ago for RK to go to Everton - good source - We just have to realise the football world see us as a mid tier WBA, Norwich, Coventry, Notts Forrest ,Palace

Type of club. That's where we fit in and the world see us. Anyone with talent and ego - player or manager is always looking to reach the next tier

Until we invest in upgrading our flat packed stadium I reckon that will always be the case

Deal was agreed on two months ago for RK to go to Everton - good source - We just have to realise the football world see us as a mid tier WBA, Norwich, Coventry, Notts Forrest ,Palace

Type of club. That's where we fit in and the world see us. Anyone with talent and ego - player or manager is always looking to reach the next tier

Until we invest in upgrading our flat packed stadium I reckon that will always be the case

I would wager that pretty much every word of your post is total horse****.

But as I write it has not been reported that he has actually yet agreed terms with Everton. This means that (although unlikely) this could fall through and he could still be Saints manager seeing out his contract. Would that still be alright?

That wasn't alright even before Everton's interest.

He'd have gone this summer anyway if he didn't sign a new deal for at least another year, no chance the club would allow the Pellegrini lame duck situation to happen.

I would wager that pretty much every word of your post is total horse****.

I'm pretty confident that there might be a kernel of truth in the "mid-tier club" part, seeing as one of our youth prospects' dads once told me something similar, but the bit about "deal agreed two months ago" is garbage, and the bit about the stadium betrays a complete lack of understanding of where the club's money comes from.

When RK says 'seeing out his contract', he means 'I'm going off next year'. As has been said a brazillion times, the club management might have forcefully said they wanted that time period extended , the answer to which is 'I will see out my contract'.

Also said a gazillion times, club managers are basically 2 year consultancy appointments. So, we hope our club can ensure continuity between appointments. Ref Mourinho, Warnock.

So lets say Everton pay him £7M a year for two years, pay us £3M in compensation, then let him spend £100M on players. World Cup 2018 Holland job comes along.....all that money down the pan. It was an ever present risk for us - but the stakes just look like going a lot higher. All the best with that Everton.

We all know we are just a stepping stone for footballers and managers, but I am surprised that people use us to go to Everton.

Money talks.

If we had a 'flash the cash' owner then these things will happen for us too.

You can't blame Koeman but I do fear some players that committed on long contracts are not happy about Koeman ****ing off.

Lowe's two inbreds, Koeman, and now some are clamouring for de Boer. Are you slow learners, or perhaps thinking if we try enough Dutchmen

we have to get a good one eventually?

I'll raise your 3 Dutchmen with the 4 Englishmen Branf**t, Wigley, Gray, and Saggy.

Was saying the same thing last night.

We all know we are just a stepping stone for footballers and managers, but I am surprised that people use us to go to Everton.[/QU OTE]

A true top club would not need to double his wages to get him! A reasonable increase plus the ability to go for key trophies would surely have been enough.

in the business world it is the companies in big trouble that pay their new savior CEO's the most they wouldn't get them otherwise Everton had to more than double his pay to get his interest

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

....if so, it must have been pretty embarrassing for him when we actually qualified for Europa League. Had we finished 8th....it would have looked more credible.

IMHO Koeman was determine to win all this last 10 matches as he was on a mission to either:

(1) Put himself in the shop window for Everton, Arsenal job.

(2) Really wanted Saints to qualify in Europe.

(3) Was on a bonus if we finished higher in the league as he is a money grabbing ****.

Well this thread has kept me entertained for the last couple of days, loving the meltdown by some.

Can I be the first to say "Thanks very much Ron and good luck in your new job". At the end of the day, the guy came to us and did a bloody great job. Remember the 'Ready for training' tweet, no players it would appear - but he sorted it, and then went on to give us probably the two best seasons we've had in many years.

He has no affinity to SFC (nor should he) he is a professional football manager, it's merely a job to him. Absolutely nothing wrong in listening to other job offers, and if one comes up that is too good to turn down - then do what everybody else would do - take it.

It's just another chapter in supporting SFC, people come, people go - we go on. Why all the vitriol is beyond me, while he was here, he worked hard and took us to that next level - we should be thanking him. Everton are a decent club, new owner who appears to want to throw some money into it, personally I say good luck to both Ron and Everton.

All of that said, come the end of next season, I naturally hope that we sit above them in the table as we have done this year. No point looking back now - look to the future, a new manager and new challenges.

Very well put Micky...we need to get on without lives and look forward to the new season

IMHO Koeman was determine to win all this last 10 matches as he was on a mission to either:

(1) Put himself in the shop window for Everton, Arsenal job.

(2) Really wanted Saints to qualify in Europe.

(3) Was on a bonus if we finished higher in the league as he is a money grabbing ****.

I will guarantee you he was not putting himself in the window for Everton two months ago.

I've read Koeman starts his 2nd holiday today on a mates yacht. I bet his mate doubled the price over night :)

In which case do we presume he's already been up to Everton, signed, filmed an interview and done a photo-shoot? Otherwise he won't be unveiled until he's back from his hols.

In which case do we presume he's already been up to Everton, signed, filmed an interview and done a photo-shoot? Otherwise he won't be unveiled until he's back from his hols.

From the information I've read. Koeman has agreed a deal but it's down to the clubs to sort out compensation.

You would think Reed is also adding extras like:

Can't sign any current Saints players and the targets we are bringing in for next season.

If anyone does want to feel better please go and read the Adkins, Cortese and Poch exit threads. Even our progress from meltdowns have improved every season.

But Koeman sold his best players and finished 6th it's naive to think another manager can do that.

About 10 yrs ago i was in a traffic jam at the docks the big M&S on one side of me, about 9am it was. This bint came running between the 2 lanes of traffic not a stitch on like she was training for the 800m - tits and hairy quim in full view. I delivered the compressor turned around and went back to worcestershire where I live wondering if it made the news in Southampton.

Odd first experience of your fair city.

just another day in Gotham Jrod,tell me do off licences in scousehampton still resemble the Sheriffs office at the OK Corral