Euro 2016

Batman

I just presumed the England players, not being the brightest bunch, had seen the recent vote and thought it meant we should leave the European championship. They didn't realise the other half of the leave agenda was 'making Britain great again'...

Nope. I blame the FA. Brazil was a****ing disaster. Why does anyone think he could have progressed from there? FA should have sacked him then and there after we fluffed Brazil. Shambles.

Well yes okay them for picking Roy but then Roy for being Roy, most respected manager's would of resigned after the Brazil World Cup, he didn't

Don't think it really makes it fair for them to put his crying kid on the front page.

Just seen that. Dear me that's completely unnecessary. Especially as their pun headline doesn't even make sense. So, awful on all levels.

Edited by CB Fry

We have a philosophy.

We have an identidy.

We have a culture.

The mistake was keeping Roy on after Brazil. He didn't play a part in the creation of the England DNA, which is already showing results at youth elite football and despite people's opinions of him it's been the making of Southgate as a coach (he's very different from the Boro days).

I've seen enough going on behind closed doors to have faith in what we're trying to do. I've personally always thought there's issues around the PL schedule and home grown rota (even though Iceland have just blown that out the water). As mentioned in another thread; should I move roles I will share some snippets into Woy, which will sum up his management style.

I'd be content with Southgate, would love Bilic/Pochettino and intrigued by Howe.

I've seen enough going on behind closed doors to have faith in what we're trying to do. .... should I move roles I will share some snippets into Woy,

Cheers Monk, I know you're in the trade.. If you've got any spare cones, poles, balls etc. when you move let me know. As an amateur ladies team over in E Hampshire we can always do with material. We'll still have to pay monthly subs and match fees to play mind, which makes tonight's defeat by overpaid stars so galling..

BBC highlights (highlights isn't the word I'd use) Shearer looked well p*ssed off and pretty much said how it was, revealed he'd approached the FA years ago for the England job, but they weren't interested. He couldn't have done much worse could he?

We have a philosophy.

We have an identidy.

We have a culture.

The mistake was keeping Roy on after Brazil. He didn't play a part in the creation of the England DNA, which is already showing results at youth elite football and despite people's opinions of him it's been the making of Southgate as a coach (he's very different from the Boro days).

I've seen enough going on behind closed doors to have faith in what we're trying to do. I've personally always thought there's issues around the PL schedule and home grown rota (even though Iceland have just blown that out the water). As mentioned in another thread; should I move roles I will share some snippets into Woy, which will sum up his management style.

I'd be content with Southgate, would love Bilic/Pochettino and intrigued by Howe.

Do you know if there was any truth in this Monk?

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-2415105/England-turned-Pep-Guardiola-favour-Roy-Hodgson.html

Unbelievable.

Let's sum things up:

Joe Hart is a great keeper but he's full of himself so makes mistakes

Rose and Walker are pretty poor all in all

Wilshere is a joke. He's pretty good when he gets game time but he had none before the tournament. Saying it's because he's injured is no excuse. Injury is a personal defect not an excuse to point out he could be better.

Kane can't take set pieces. We saw that in the groups yet he's still on them in the knockouts. Not only that but he's a threat in the air so it's a double blow to have him on free kicks.

Rooney hasn't done anything for England his entire career. Probably it for him now and that will be a good thing.

Then there's Woy, the old man.

A crap captain and a bunch of bottling Spurs players managed by a dinasour what do we expect them to do.

Fair play to Iceland good luck in the tournament

So first well done Iceland, you did the job you set out to do and we fell into their plan.

England relies on full backs for width along with most teams it seems these days, but as Iceland played 2 up front it basically pinned back the defenders so the two central defenders would have to play 2 v 2 on a break, so using one player to tie up 2 other players seems a good use of a player. Next they didnt park the bus they defended as a unit and bided their time waiting to break foward some times using a high line. With the full backs taken out England had no natural width, and no one who could provide a threatening cross.

Anyone who had watched the group games cant have been suprised with how we limped out. It is not a new problem as we are all aware. If the FA dont fix the stupidity soon, then they might have some problems filling wembley and hence paying for it. Managing England will never attract a top manager anymore so the best we can do is find someone solid with a philosophy who will do it his way.

as Ian Darke and Steve McManaman pointed out is that Iceland did the things they always do. So if you cant beat it when you know, then you havent done your due diligence.

Pick the best players who are fit, no matter what club - that'd be a start. Instead of players like Wheelchair who has not played in years, or that rubbish Henderson, and all the ManUre/Liverpool bit part players that keep getting picked (Cleverly was in every squad, but was dropped as soon as he left ManUre) - I'd rather have in form, fit players from West Ham, Leicester or the Championship - look at the Saints guys who went to Liverpool cos Woy basically said they would get a game if they left Saints. Bertrand a much better player than Rose (how useful would a left foot corner taker have been today?!), and as for Hart....... but Forster and Bertrand play for Saints. You need a TEAM, not egos, so the best TEAM, not 11 good players who just can't play together.

Pick the best players who are fit, no matter what club - that'd be a start. Instead of players like Wheelchair who has not played in years, or that rubbish Henderson, and all the ManUre/Liverpool bit part players that keep getting picked (Cleverly was in every squad, but was dropped as soon as he left ManUre) - I'd rather have in form, fit players from West Ham, Leicester or the Championship - look at the Saints guys who went to Liverpool cos Woy basically said they would get a game if they left Saints. Bertrand a much better player than Rose (how useful would a left foot corner taker have been today?!), and as for Hart....... but Forster and Bertrand play for Saints. You need a TEAM, not egos, so the best TEAM, not 11 good players who just can't play together.

And players that look like they WANT it, some passion!

Still liked the line from Tyldesley second half "Iceland are having trouble getting the ball out of defence" as 4 of them played the ball around between themselves in the little square between the corner flag and the edge of the penalty box under no real pressure then winkled it out up field.

Shearer hit the nail on the head when he said "against Portugal in the warm ups we were still experimenting with a formation".

Whoever takes over needs to stop this infatuation of drawing the squad from the usual residents of the Premiership top 4/6. You just have to look at Italy and the huge pool of players they have to draw on, many of whom play for the top teams in Europe, yet they have a bloke playing in a number 9 shirt who is 30 years old (?) and earns his corn playing for Southampton!!

One of the lads in the Icelandic team plays for relegated to League 1 Charlton!!

Any side that ends up with Rooney and Wheelchair in CM is just asking for trouble. Neither of them can defend, Wheelchair looks about as sharp as a plank of wood and Rooney just can't pass quickly or effectively. Van Gaal has ruined him, no doubt aided and abetted by Rooney himself. Always got to take a touch and tart about before passing or shooting. That's Van Gaalian football right there.

Oh and Hart, got us knocked out all by himself, Forster is 3 times the keeper that Hart is, twice the size as well.

Yesterday was Hodgson's old pals XI, look where it got us.

I don't mean to be a **** by laughing, but I did enjoy it.

It was some very hard working modest footballers proud of their country giving everything to beat a bunch of arrogant overpaid ****s who talk too much.

I'd like England to do well, but I don't bother taking it seriously when it's still pathetic managers, endless out of form, injured players, out of position players and individuals over TEAM. I haven't seen an England team in years. Even in the year when leicester show everyone what actual team can do, we still ignore it. Rooney was a huge, huge problem from the very start of the tournament. Yet we had media saying how good he was, Alli out of position and no creativity. Utterly bonkers.

Is Rooney a better footballer than Drinkwater, yes, by a long way. Would England be a better team with Drinkwater in for Rooney, yes, by a long way. That is something England never seem to be able to grasp.

I agree with this, have got very little time for the England team and actually took some enjoyment watching Iceland win, a great bunch of lads playing for each other.

I briefly got back into supporting England after the Lambert header v Scotland but lost interest again when our trio called up for the World Cup all left before the start of the tournament.

Players from the squad who were either Shi te or should never be near the squad again

Shi te..

Rooney

Wilshire

Henderson

Sturridge

Hart

Alli

Sterling

Dier

Out of squad for ever

ROONEY

Wilshire

Henderson

Sturridge

Sterling

Tonight our full backs were utter ****e, centre backs make headers as if they have 50p for heads

Hodgson you gutless old pri ck...bottled answering questions about the game....Wan ker

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Players from the squad who were either Shi te or should never be near the squad again

Shi te..

Rooney

Wilshire

Henderson

Sturridge

Hart

Alli

Sterling

Dier

Out of squad for ever

ROONEY

Wilshire

Henderson

Sturridge

Sterling

Tonight our full backs were utter ****e, centre backs make headers as if they have 50p for heads

Hodgson you gutless old pri ck...bottled answering questions about the game....Wan ker

Hodgson !!! Gutless old ***** to not talk to media about game...

Don't just sit on the fence, tell us what you really think !!!

Take two post match photos

35BC4A8D00000578-0-image-a-8_1467070472693.jpg

vs

35BC831D00000578-3663127-image-m-57_1467072092816.jpg

This to me sort of sums things up. On the one hand you have a hard working group of people who concentrate on their jobs. And on the other, you have a group who seem to be far too wrapped up in the "glamorous" lifestyle of a grossly overpaid football player.

vs

This to me sort of sums things up. On the one hand you have a hard working group of people who concentrate on their jobs. And on the other, you have a group who seem to be far too wrapped up in the "glamorous" lifestyle of a grossly overpaid football player.

The second picture she looks like some dominatrix; "You f**king little maggot, what the hell was that, I'm going to crush your balls later"

Ahem.

vs

More passion on the pitch, more passion with their girlfriends. Too much Nivea in the English game.

The second picture she looks like some dominatrix; "You f**king little maggot, what the hell was that, I'm going to crush your balls later"

Ahem.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Looks like he's got himself a real gem there then. The Icelandic woman has better tats than her player though.

That was absolutely appalling. Every single player, with the possible exception of Vardy who at least offered something, was bettered by a 5min cameo from an 18 year old.

We're 2-1 down to Iceland with 15min to go and we're playing like we're 1-0 up. The game plan didn't change at all.

I'm exceptionally glad Roy's gone. If he's replaced with some inexperienced candidate purely because he's English and wore the shirt a few times (I'm looking at you Neville and Southgate) then we'll just have to spend another 4 years watching **** football with egos like Sturridge and Alli waltzing around the pitch.

Long shot but I think Pellegrini could do a brilliant job. Knows the players, wants to stay in the country, and has actually achieved something in his career.

That was absolutely appalling. Every single player, with the possible exception of Vardy who at least offered something, was bettered by a 5min cameo from an 18 year old.

We're 2-1 down to Iceland with 15min to go and we're playing like we're 1-0 up. The game plan didn't change at all.

I'm exceptionally glad Roy's gone. If he's replaced with some inexperienced candidate purely because he's English and wore the shirt a few times (I'm looking at you Neville and Southgate) then we'll just have to spend another 4 years watching **** football with egos like Sturridge and Alli waltzing around the pitch.

Long shot but I think Pellegrini could do a brilliant job. Knows the players, wants to stay in the country, and has actually achieved something in his career.

Actually I don't think Southgate would be to bad he could bring through the under 21s. We need to stop picking players on what team they play for and build an England team more like a club side start young and bring them through as a team playing a certain style every game. If it was me I'd build the England team around Stones, Ali, Kane, Dyer and Rashford, Shaw and the England under 21s.

It doesn't have anything to do with passion. Although psychologically there might be some issues for the England team, it's more about having a system and picking the best players for that system, playing it continually so that every player in the side knows exactly what is expected of them. Hodgson picked Sterling because "we will need width against Iceland". Not a bad theory stood alone, but the fact that a player woefully out of form and facing the wrath of a nation was our only natural wide player in the squad begs a lot of questions.

End of the day I think blaming the manager is too easy, he would have drilled them on the long throws and they didn't follow those plans and didn't pick up players.

They were then very lazy and didn't close down for the second goal, probably because they thought Iceland were no threat and then of course Hart compounds it by letting a fairly tame shot that wasn't in the corner through him.

I watched the Italy v Spain, they played with Pelle up front who isn't even a regular for us, Giaccherrini who struggled for Sunderland, they had far far less talent on display than we had but they played as a team, they worked hard and they played to their tactics with everyone doing their role.

England went out because they were lazy, didn't concentrate and didn't play with passion and tempo. Why the hell do our players charge around blood and thunder in the premiership then turn up at tournaments and think they have to play like Spain?

Honestly I think we should just give up on international football, there is something wrong, there has been more than enough talent around, something happens to our players at tournaments.

End of the day I think blaming the manager is too easy, he would have drilled them on the long throws and they didn't follow those plans and didn't pick up players.

They were then very lazy and didn't close down for the second goal, probably because they thought Iceland were no threat and then of course Hart compounds it by letting a fairly tame shot that wasn't in the corner through him.

I watched the Italy v Spain, they played with Pelle up front who isn't even a regular for us, Giaccherrini who struggled for Sunderland, they had far far less talent on display than we had but they played as a team, they worked hard and they played to their tactics with everyone doing their role.

England went out because they were lazy, didn't concentrate and didn't play with passion and tempo. Why the hell do our players charge around blood and thunder in the premiership then turn up at tournaments and think they have to play like Spain?

Honestly I think we should just give up on international football, there is something wrong, there has been more than enough talent around, something happens to our players at tournaments.

Rooney picked up the Icelander alright, trouble is he's 5ft 8 and can't jump any more and the opponent is 7ft 6 and can.

Bloke probably wouldn't have got the headed knock down against Barkley or Milner.

Not a "man" on the pitch last night. No leaders. Need a manager who will concentrate on team ethic and work rate. We were not a team last night and haven't been for a long time. We're a relegation threatened club that needs a reboot.

Big Fat Sam :eek: