Euro 2016

Batman

When people say "How can you not support England, they're your home country" it's simple, because of games like tonight. Because we constantly appoint yes men who pick players based on the clubs they play for, as well as whom the FA and their sponsors think should be picked. Square pegs in round holes all the ****ing time, it's been the same now for the past 15 years, doing well in qualifying and being an abject piece of embarrassing **** come the main event. The FA can spend their millions on things like St Georges Park but it won't make a blind bit of difference, we're one of the biggest underachieving football teams of all time, a complete and utter embarrassment.

How anyone can willingly spend hundreds of pounds to go abroad and watch that **** is beyond me.

Yeah mate, I used to say the same thing about supporting your country but it's hard to do so with such **** players and their **** attitude. Everything about us is awful. Even when we took the lead (for all of a minute lol) I could only muster a half-cheer. England don't give us any real reason to support or care about them. Had this been Saints I would been going mental (but even we would've played better) but I was almost cheering Iceland on.

People are all blaming the players, I blame Roy.

As soon as I saw the Dier for Wilshere sub at half time I was like what on earth, no balance, Dier one of our fittest and best players, Wilshere not fit at all.

Unfortunately I was right.

If we had Conte as manager we'd be getting to the Semi Finals or Final fairly comfortably

Players reflected their manager, hopeless indecisive and clueless

Nope. I blame the FA. Brazil was a****ing disaster. Why does anyone think he could have progressed from there? FA should have sacked him then and there after we fluffed Brazil. Shambles.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/england/next-permanent-manager

Gareth Southagte an early favourite with the bookies.

Who gives a ****? Since 1990 or maybe Keegan, we have been boring and passionless. Players want their club wages. **** them and pick from Championship clubs. People say that this is the lowest point. No it's not. It is on par with WC14, Euro12, WC10, Euro08 (whcih we didn't even qualify for). Years of glorious failure.

Someone needs to check for any irregular betting, that was so bad it was suspicious.

Check Woys pockets for brown envelopes, my expectations for England are rock bottom but that performance was in new territory. It really smells.

Congratulations to Iceland for their gutsy performance, thoroughly deserved.

:suspicious:

Gareth Southgate, Jesus wept. How's he going to rally the troops or expect the players to respect him when he achieved th square root of **** all in his career. Just another yes man for the FA to dictate through. Steve McLaren Mark II.

Hodgson has to go after this. Utterly abject.

However this is all we can look forward to until the FA grows some balls and select a manager who will make these players perform.

I've been waiting for them to do that since I was a nipper. It's amazing how consistently incompetent an organisation can be over 40+ years.

As soon as I saw the Dier for Wilshere sub at half time I was like what on earth, no balance, Dier one of our fittest and best players, Wilshere not fit at all.

Unfortunately I was right.

If we had Conte as manager we'd be getting to the Semi Finals or Final fairly comfortably

Players reflected their manager, hopeless indecisive and clueless

This.

Would have given the job to Hoddle at half time.

I don't mind managers making selection mistakes so much - they all do. But when a manager insists on repeating the SAME mistakes time and time again then that does certainly annoy.

Harry Kane - Good player but did nothing in the group games. Selected again tonight for some inexplicable reason.

Raheem Sterling - Back in the team after having failed in the group stages. Inexcusable.

Daniel Sturridge - A effective centre forward of very little use out on the right.

Jack Wilshere - One of the most baffling England substituions I can ever remember.

Adam Lallana - Okay he is unlikely to score, but we looked a much worse team without him.

Joe Hart - The ego has landed.

Marcus Rashford - Did more in 5 minutes that Kane did in 90. Should have started this game.

What with one thing or another the last five days have not exactly been a fun time to be English.

The **** hasn't resigned either, his contract wasn't ****ing being renewed. ****s.

Exactly. His contract was up on 15 July and he was told the performance standard for a renewal. He didn't achieve that so his contract wouldn't be extended. I don't see why he felt he needed to make any statement at all. My employment contract is up in November. I don't need to make a statement on 31 October that I am resigning when it expires. That much is written into the contract.

At the end everybody in the pub I watched it in were laughing... I was lucky, my second team Italy with Pelle' played in an entertaining match with some quality and won - Forza italia! By the time I started watching England I'd had three pints, which I needed in the end, and added to. You just had to laugh it was so, so bad.

This.

Would have given the job to Hoddle at half time.

Loads of people say they (the players) don't play with passion or don't care, of course they do. No ones turns out for England football team and doesn't care.

They played devoid of ideas, tactics, with great fear, a lack of confidence, strange as substitutions that unbalanced the side even more, questionable first 11 (Sterling starting again, Kane starting after 3 poor games) and finally they played as if they had no manager.

Steve Mcclaren can hold his head higher than Roy at least he lost to a decent Croatia team, Roy got 3 tournaments with the easiest qualification groups England have ever had.

I don't mind managers making selection mistakes so much - they all do. But when a manager insists on repeating the SAME mistakes time and time again then that does certainly annoy.

Harry Kane - Good player but did nothing in the group games. Selected again tonight for some inexplicable reason.

Raheem Sterling - Back in the team after having failed in the group stages. Inexcusable.

Daniel Sturridge - A effective centre forward of very little use out on the right.

Jack Wilshere - One of the most baffling England substituions I can ever remember.

Adam Lallana - Okay he is unlikely to score, but we looked a much worse team without him.

Joe Hart - The ego has landed.

Marcus Rashford - Did more in 5 minutes that Kane did in 90. Should have started this game.

What with one thing or another the last five days have not exactly been a fun time to be English.

Injured. But even with both legs in plaster he couldn't have done any worse.