Euro 2016

Batman

I fancy him to assist as he looks good I attack, as always!

Cedric is a very skilful player and in ‘the old days’ would have been a great right winger but his small physical stature sometimes causes problems for him in the modern defensive duties of a wing-back, as it did with that high crossfield pass which led to the Poland goal.

Fonte looks, as always, like what he is: one of the finest central defenders in Europe. His leadership of the line, positioning and reading of the game are absolute perfection. Watching him play is a masterclass for any aspiring young centre back. Wouldn’t it be great to see Fonte v Pelle in the final?

That Renato Sanches is some player for an 18 year old. Moving from benfica to bayern after the euros. Man wanted him and dallied for too long.

He's looked good in all the games he's played at the Euros. Got some balls to take the second pen too and what a cracking penalty it was. I have the feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more of that lad.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

If you didn't know it, watching the two centre back displays tonight you would say Fonte looks like he is the one who plays for Real Madrid and Pepe the one who plays for Southampton.

Edited by Saint IQ

If you didn't know it, watching the two centre back displays tonight you would say Fonte looks like he is the one who plays for Real Madrid and Pepe the one who plays for Southampton.

I thought Jose had a good game (and so did Pepe) but I did think Jose was keeping it very simple (if in doubt smash it CB work) and is a lot calmer and better with the ball in a saints shirt than he showed last night.

Fonte was excellent. Not just what he actually did with challenges and on the ball but they way he organises and encourages team-mates. He's a natural leader and a top quality player.

I hope he stays fit and at Saints long-enough to be the next Super Kelv.

And way better than England.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

the excuse that the premier league is too hard/long. or we dont have a big enough pool of players to chose from is redundant

Wales are playing brilliantly in the 1/4 final of the Euro's with a Reading striker up top

we seem to turn our noses up at players who are not at the traditional 5 or so clubs.

wilshere in for drinkwater ffs. Sterling going!!

The main problem with England is we try to pick the big names and squash them into a team. Square peg and round holes and all that. Just don't pick the best team- and that is the result of inept management and I believe a conspiracy that those at the FA force you to start players only from traditional top 6- why? I don't know.

Yep. I've never understood it as foreigners in the premier league do just fine! Yet England being **** is going to cost us our Christmas football schedule which most fans love. It's supposed to be entertainment isn't it? No boxing day football sounds bleak.

I guess it depends on each individual set of values but I'd happily play more games in the sunshine and fewer around Xmas.

Yep. I've never understood it as foreigners in the premier league do just fine! Yet England being **** is going to cost us our Christmas football schedule which most fans love. It's supposed to be entertainment isn't it? No boxing day football sounds bleak.

didnt Roy say after the world cup that if you dont play for your clubs, you do not get picked. Look how that turned out.

Robson-Kanu just put Wales 2-1. would he ever got a look-in for England? not a fecking chance

Fair enough, both are good, but Christmas football is a nice part of our football culture. Maybe my Christmas is just ****ter than yours!

More to do with the fact that if I'm not working Boxing Day, I'm usually visiting family abroad and miss it anyway. Personally I'd advocate a NYD game, then a month off for January and play until mid June.

Whilst we're at it, might be better for some if the season started and ended later anyway. As in, the first weekend of September, so as not to encroach on school's summer holidays and the associated drop in attendances.