Arsenal 0-2 Saints - Reaction & Semi Final Draw

Lighthouse

MotM vs Arsenal (League Cup 2016/17 QF Away)  

270 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Arsenal (League Cup 2016/17 QF Away)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Martina
    • Yoshida
    • van Dijk
    • Clasie
    • Reed
    • Davis
    • Boufal
    • McQueen
    • Long
    • Højbjerg
    • Sims

Absolutely this.

Puel rapidly becoming the effing man. Brilliant.

Totally agree, there must be huge belief in the manager amongst the players, every man played their hearts out for the team tonight. Clasie was excellent and that goal will surely do wonders for him and Bertie just keeps getting better. Utterly bewildering play from us at times.

Fantastic result and a brilliant game by us (bearing in mind I only saw the 2nd half - reports suggest I missed the better half).

Yoshi gets my MoM because he finally showed how good he can be. Could've been any of McQueen, Bertrand, Davis as well.

Forster was solid

VVD reliable as usual

Coco did ok in attack, but he's a bit lost in defence, isn't he?

Long was unlucky - just lost the scoring touch for now, but confident he'll get it back

Clasie was quietly good. Got a goal (I haven't seen it yet, as I only watched 2nd half)

Subs Sims & Hojbjerg were excellent - full of energy and trickery.

Can't wait for Tadic, Hesketh, Pied to be fit again.

Really great performance. Thought they never looked like scoring at all. We put them under pressure every chance we got. Davis or Bertrand would be my motm.

Not sure who I would like in the next round. A Liverpool Saints final with us destroying them would be the dream!

GTFI. Excellent performance. Everyone played well tonight but Boufal, replacement Sims and Yoshida were stand outs. Vvd just his usual outstanding self. Long needs a feckin goal to get some confidence going but tonight his profligacy did not hurt us.

Agree with this, but you must include Davis among the best on the ground. All action running all night and brilliant incisive passing to players in dangerous positions, plus the lovely back heel to Sims was a touch of class. Davis' game tonight what someone like JWP has to aspire to. Special mention too for Reed - that tackle which led to his injury was skill and courage in equal measure. Haven't the Club got a good one on their hands with Sims?

Really great performance. Thought they never looked like scoring at all. We put them under pressure every chance we got. Davis or Bertrand would be my motm.

Not sure who I would like in the next round. A Liverpool Saints final with us destroying them would be the dream!

Dreaming big ...reckon we have a better chance of turning over utd TBH.

Fantastic result and a brilliant game by us (bearing in mind I only saw the 2nd half - reports suggest I missed the better half).

Yoshi gets my MoM because he finally showed how good he can be. Could've been any of McQueen, Bertrand, Davis as well.

Forster was solid

VVD reliable as usual

Coco did ok in attack, but he's a bit lost in defence, isn't he?

Long was unlucky - just lost the scoring touch for now, but confident he'll get it back

Clasie was quietly good. Got a goal (I haven't seen it yet, as I only watched 2nd half)

Subs Sims & Hojbjerg were excellent - full of energy and trickery.

Can't wait for Tadic, Hesketh, Pied to be fit again.

Cuco had a v.good game.

The evidence of an all-round fantastic performance? 0-2 away at Arsenal without all our 1st 11 and a clean sheet. Sensational performances from young Sims, Reed and McQueen given their experience compared to a side that cost much more to assemble. Claude was spot on with his tactics and subs. Hull next please - at home. Guess the press will blame poor Arsenal rather than credit our lads.

Top result and performance. The zip injected by the home growns is palpable. Thought McQueen was magnificent. Boufal also tricky. Worst draw possible though. And playing at home first. Will be v tricky but continho a big miss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papers over the cracks really

puel got lucky that arsenal played a third string side

rotation is a shocking policy, why cant our darlings play more than twice a week- test cricket matches are five days straight ffs

and on a side note, i won £496 from my accumulator tonight!!

textbook.

Rather play them in the semis without Mané, Coutinho and Matip than in the final.

Brilliant result - hopefully we can ply Liverpool at the right time.

We couldn't have ****ing got Hull though could we. Well if we do win this thing we will have done it the hard way.

COYS