League Cup Final Build Up Thread

View From The Top

No not really. Expect we'll give him a run out at 85 mins if we're a couple of goals up.

Really? If by some chance we are cruising and Puel decides to bring on a couple of subs for the last few minutes I imagine it would be for players who have been at the club a while to get a little taste of the cup action rather than the bloke who has just turned up. I reckon the only way Caceres gets on the pitch is if Stephens or Yoshida is injured.

Really? If by some chance we are cruising and Puel decides to bring on a couple of subs for the last few minutes I imagine it would be for players who have been at the club a while to get a little taste of the cup action rather than the bloke who has just turned up. I reckon the only way Caceres gets on the pitch is if Stephens or Yoshida is injured.

Yeah, that was kinda my best case scenario for him. I doubt we'll see him.

Really interesting one this - I would be surprised if he doesn't start.

Getting in the mood for this now.

Strangely more relaxed than previous finals but that's probably an age thing rather than confidence. The prospect of Zlatan & Fellani running amok against Yoshida & Stephens scares me sh!tless, but have an annoying sneaky feeling we might manage it.(Don't know why, heart over head perhaps).

Been trying to work out what best with the trains but still at a loss...wanted to get on at Winchester but can't see how it would even be possible once it's come from Soton packed out ?

See they've already got big metal barrier queuing system outside Soton central ready

Thinking going to have to go to Soton now and just have to see how it goes..

Really interesting one this - I would be surprised if he doesn't start.

I wouldn't. Centre back pairings need communication to build up an understanding together. While a fit Caceres is probably better than either of our CBs he hasn't played a single game for us (or a game at all in 6 months). Yoshida and Stephens have had a few games together and look like they are starting to form a partnership so for me they would be a better bet than throwing in a guy who hasn't played a game for 6 months and probably struggling to remember his new team mates names. You'd have to a pretty ballsy manager to throw a brand new player, who's played no games with his new team and has no match sharpness straight into a cup final no matter how good he might be.

Been trying to work out what best with the trains but still at a loss...wanted to get on at Winchester but can't see how it would even be possible once it's come from Soton packed out ?

See they've already got big metal barrier queuing system outside Soton central ready

Get on at Winchester, southbound and get off at Brockenhurst, then change platforms for Waterloo.

I paid £200 for £90 face value ticket. Do not mind the money, but the issue is that it is in the man utd end :( still this was the only ticket i could get my hands on.

And tomorrow i will not be able to take my saints scarf or saints jumper... which means i will buy a match days scarf (quite lame i know...) but will take my Bulgarian flag. So when you see tha highlights after the game and you see a waiving Bulgarian fla at man utd end, know that this is a Saints fan!! We march on!

Just forced my 12 year old lad (who is making his first trip to Wembley tomorrow) to watch highlights of 1979 league cup final to reinforce what a big occasion this is (as it happens I was too young to remember it!) how different the world seemed then...

then i have watched 2003 fa cup final & 2010 JPT final to get me in the mood!!!

Can't ****ing wait for tomorrow!!!!! COYS

1-0 to us pompey born JWP to score the winning goal from an offside position resulting in the special ones head exploding during his post match rant.

... where he also blames our kit, as it has red on the front of it so was confusing for his players

Coming down from my home in Shropshire on the 9.05 from Wolverhampton. Really did not think I would make it due to a very bad virus but a bit of improvement yesterday and - hey - I ain't going to miss this!

Also significant that due to work I moved away from Hampshire in 1973 and have travelled to see most of the Saints matches since from Sussex, Mid Wales and since 1988 from Shropshire. This should be the last match I will have a long

commute to for by the time the nexy home match comes along in April we should have moved to our new home near Ringwood. About F*****k time we came back to our roots. Come on You Saints - lets make it special tomorrow.

Methinks we could be standing on 10:38 out of Basingstoke then.

Well, according to Quantum Multiverse Theory there will be multiple realities created for each and every action that occurs during the game tomorrow and in an incalculable number of the universes created by those bifurcations we will win.

Hopefully the reality that our consciousnesses share tomorrow is one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

Well, unbelievably, I will now be going to the game. My op was postponed as I lay on a bed outside the operating theatre waiting to go in, due to delays with the previous person's op affecting their entry to an intensive care bed, meaning the staff needed for my op were no longer available. Stunning waste of time & money from the NHS, irritating for me (in one way) & disappointing for the person I'd said could have the tickets, if I couldn't go. That said, the look on my son's face when I said we had tickets will stay with me forever. Just need to cheer the boys on tomorrow & bring home that trophy! COYR!

Well' date=' unbelievably, I will now be going to the game. My op was postponed as I lay on a bed outside the operating theatre waiting to go in, due to delays with the previous person's op affecting their entry to an intensive care bed, meaning the staff needed for my op were no longer available. Stunning waste of time & money from the NHS, irritating for me (in one way) & disappointing for the person I'd said could have the tickets, if I couldn't go. That said, the look on my son's face when I said we had tickets will stay with me forever. Just need to cheer the boys on tomorrow & bring home that trophy! COYR![/quote']

Great to hear.. enjoy the day!

It's been the cup run of the unlikely hero (Hesketh, Boufal, Clasie all scoring their first goal, Yoshida and Stephens keeping a clean sheet and Sims setting up the winner at Anfield). I would love nothing more than an unlikely hero in 16 hours time, JWP would be my bet.