Saints Vs Brighton Thread

magnet

I work with someone who is a Brighton fan and he thinks they are down if they don't win this as we would leapfrog them (as well as a few other teams) and their last 5 games are pretty harsh.

Yes same as us, they need to be above the relegation 3 places by at least 3 points going into April.

Well clearly he is not a clown he is managing a team which lacks goal scoring attacking players which has been apparent for the last two seasons

Puel had the same problem last season but seems to be doing OK at Leicester.

Puel did better last season with VVD playing well we had a better defence and Fraser was not such a liability.

Now that McCarthy is fully fit he has been replaced and things are getting better

Ulloa will score, mirrored by Sturridge after. Our dithering will cost us again. Not looking good. Then again, Carillo might prove more than a lump

Yeah, good point. Instead of dithering we should be signing every striker who might score against us.

****ing genius plan, mate. Can't believe the club haven't thought of that.

Yeah, good point. Instead of dithering we should be signing every striker who might score against us.

****ing genius plan, mate. Can't believe the club haven't thought of that.

Lol. A lot of the stuff DT posts should probably stay in his head.

Ulloa will score, mirrored by Sturridge after. Our dithering will cost us again. Not looking good. Then again, Carillo might prove more than a lump

last three seasons he's managed

6 goals in 33

1goal in 23

0 goals in 6 this season

That is some Shane Long levels of goal scoring ability right there...

Quite a few selection dilemmas for this one.

Yoshida back in?

Who plays left back if no Bertrand?

Boufal or JWP (assuming we stick with a midfield 3 of Hoj, Rom and Lem)

Long, Gabbi or Colonel Carillo up front?

Why leave out Captain Corelli - has he got mandolin practice on Wednesdays?

Fear of losing has been regularly causing us to fail to win. I hope MP at some point just goes for the throat against weaker opposition but I won’t hold my breath.

This is a good point. I watched Pardew's interview after WBA beat Liverpool, and he said that at this stage of the season it is important to play with no fear and just go for it.

To be honest I think an 80% Bertrand is still better than anyone else.

And I'd give Carillo a start, didn't he score in his last game for Monaco? Surely should be more confident than our other fit strikers and we have looked our best this season with Austin up front, so Austin mk 2, is surely the next best option.

To be honest I think an 80% Bertrand is still better than anyone else.

And I'd give Carillo a start, didn't he score in his last game for Monaco? Surely should be more confident than our other fit strikers and we have looked our best this season with Austin up front, so Austin mk 2, is surely the next best option.

I'd start him I can't see Brighton playing in a way that would suit Long's skill set.

So assuming we will spend most of the game trying to break down a well organized 11 behind the ball defence looking to play on the break. I'd be inclined to play Gudio, with Boufal in behind and Tadic and Gabbi out wide and attack them.

The only change I would make to this would be to swap Tadic and Boufal. Tadic is far more effective on the left and Boufal less so.

Agreed. Tadic should start on the left, always IMO. Boufal can pick up loose balls behind strikers and to his mazy dribble thing.

But if an 80% plays and injures himself for a a month or longer, a 0% Bertrand is significantly worse.

You have to wonder whether we rushed him back too soon after he limped off in the added minutes of the Chelsea game just before Christmas...... being a touch cynical; World Cup on the horizon you would imagine that players in the reckoning to go will be getting neurotic to any little tweek.

Bertrand not in today's released training pics. But McQueen is. So there's probably a good chance of us fielding an actual left back at left back.

Not that he's doing anything more than making up the numbers in training because the U23s played last night, also in the pics, the brilliantly named Will Smallbone.

Smallbone? It is cold out...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Fear of losing has been regularly causing us to fail to win. I hope MP at some point just goes for the throat against weaker opposition but I won’t hold my breath.

He's calling on composure from the team. I hope that this is not another word for caution.

Have you got him confused with Targett? I wouldn't say McQueen is slow he is a winger rather than a fullback so tends to be decent at the attacking side of the game not as good defensively though.

Possibly yeah, would still worry if we are relying on him though.