The World Cup Thread

Lighthouse

No midfield. Southgate's tactical naivety coming to the fore. Should've had Alli or Lingard off ages ago for someone who can actually retain possession.

We've got too many players in the middle of the park obsessed with flicks.

Croatia favourites from here. We look clueless.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Our midfield was going to come unstuck at some point, best midfield two we’ve faced in that 2nd half and we cannot get near. So much time and space for modric and rakatic. And that’s why we’ve lost control.

Tempted to sub Ali and add some legs centrally in Loftus-Cheek. Can’t see us withstanding another 30 of that.

Left side is struggling bad. Young for rose for me

Rubbish second half.

We've got 5 players playing really deep which means we're asking for pressure and we've got little chance of mounting a decent attack other than hoping for a quick ball round the corner or over the top. Plus Henderson is out of his depth.

I'd take off Walker, go to a back 4, and put Loftus-Cheek on.

Henderson and Loftus-Cheek with Alli in front, Lingard on the right, Rashford on the left. A 4231.

Was it Gary Neville that said Croatia are a terrible team at half time?

F*ck ing ar*ehole.

Croatia are a technically better side. England still a threat with the pace in the side and from set pieces.

Edited by shurlock