The World Cup Thread

Lighthouse

Croatia looked poor on Set Pieces, we look dangerous at these. Can’t see us keeping a clean sheet, nor can I see them keeping one. Keep Modric and Rakatic quiet, you have a chance. Croatia’s cbs are a mess. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trippier has been performing well, but Vrsaljko is a better player. Subasic is a better keeper than Pickford, and lovren is better than macguire. Their entire midfield would walk into the England side.

BUT, mandzukic, whilst top class, is not Kane, and as a team, England look more confident.

Should be a close game.

Subasic's positioning for Russians first goal was very poor. It was a good hit, and I'm not going to say that Pickford would definitely have saved it, but I reckon he would have at least made the effort to. To get beaten by a 25 yard shot that was a couple of feet inside the post without even moving is not good goalkeeping IMO.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

Subasic's positioning for Russia's goal was very poor. It was a good hit, and I'm not going to say that Pickford would definitely have saved it, but I reckon he would have at least made the effort to. To get beaten by a 25 yard shot that was a couple of feet inside the post without even moving is not good goalkeeping IMO.

Ok Gary. Bilic looked like he was going to chin the opinionated runt. Guess Neville had to find a new keeper to bash after bashing Pickford the other night.

Subasic is a very good keeper - the spine of an excellent Monaco side that played some of the most swashbuckling football in the CL the season before last. We know to our cost the confidence that a decent GK gives the rest of the side.

Edited by shurlock

I propose we change the thread title to “it’s coming home!”

Please god no.

The most annoying thing about this whole run is all this “it’s coming home” pony. The number of people, particularly dopey birds, who have never discussed football or shown a passing interest that are now spouting this balls on my timeline or in person is doing my ****ing head in. People I’ve never discussed football with or ever heard them mention football are now mad for it. My staff know that I follow Saints week in week out and I’ve had conversations with about half a dozen with them about football, all of a sudden they’re all mad keen football fans asking me if “it’s coming home”. Pretty soon my response will be “I don’t know, but say it again and you’ll be going home, ****ing fired”. Half wits. Talk about a bloody great bandwagon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s a bit of a killjoy thing to say. My 85 year old mother doesn’t go to football either, but she is English and loves watching our boys win.=Lord Duckhunter;2646994]Please god no.

The most annoying thing about this whole run is all this “it’s coming home” pony. T number of people, particularly dopey birds, who have never discussed football or shown a passing interest that are now spouting this balls on my timeline or in person is doing my ****ing head in. People I’ve never discussed football with or ever heard them mention football are now mad for it. My staff know that I follow Saints week in week out and I’ve had conversations with about half a dozen with them about football, all of a sudden they’re all mad keen football fans asking me if “it’s coming home”. Pretty soon my response will be “I don’t know, but say it again and you’ll be going home, ****ing fired”. Half wits. Talk about a bloody great bandwagon

That’s a bit of a killjoy thing to say. My 85 year old mother doesn’t go to football either, but she is English and loves watching our boys win.=Lord Duckhunter;2646994]Please god no.

The most annoying thing about this whole run is all this “it’s coming home” pony. T number of people, particularly dopey birds, who have never discussed football or shown a passing interest that are now spouting this balls on my timeline or in person is doing my ****ing head in. People I’ve never discussed football with or ever heard them mention football are now mad for it. My staff know that I follow Saints week in week out and I’ve had conversations with about half a dozen with them about football, all of a sudden they’re all mad keen football fans asking me if “it’s coming home”. Pretty soon my response will be “I don’t know, but say it again and you’ll be going home, ****ing fired”. Half wits. Talk about a bloody great bandwagon

Stop being grumpy. It's our national game and people are enjoying being part of the party. If you want be part of an elite minority sport take up chess or polo or some other such thing.

Ok Gary. Bilic looked like he was going to chin the opinionated runt. Guess Neville had to find a new keeper to bash after bashing Pickford the other night.

Subasic is a very good keeper - the spine of an excellent Monaco side that played some of the most swashbuckling football in the CL the season before last. We know to our cost the confidence that a decent GK gives the rest of the side.

Monaco, that hipster loving side. #yawn

And if it leads to some people being interested enough to carry on following it after the World Cup is over and maybe following the Saints, so much the better. "If you thought it was a good atmosphere watching it on the big screen at the pub then you should see a live game."

And if it leads to some people being interested enough to carry on following it after the World Cup is over and maybe following the Saints, so much the better. "If you thought it was a good atmosphere watching it on the big screen at the pub then you should see a live game."

Italia 90 and Gazzamania spawned the PL.

I came home to find loads of ‘birds’ talking about football then. Far less of a common thing and was a lads game.

It is good everyone getting into it and lord knows a bit of joy being spread cannot be a bad thing but agree I cannot be arsed to talk too much with novices. Although some probably more informed already than veterans on here.

Please god no.

The most annoying thing about this whole run is all this “it’s coming home” pony. The number of people, particularly dopey birds, who have never discussed football or shown a passing interest that are now spouting this balls on my timeline or in person is doing my ****ing head in. People I’ve never discussed football with or ever heard them mention football are now mad for it. My staff know that I follow Saints week in week out and I’ve had conversations with about half a dozen with them about football, all of a sudden they’re all mad keen football fans asking me if “it’s coming home”. Pretty soon my response will be “I don’t know, but say it again and you’ll be going home, ****ing fired”. Half wits. Talk about a bloody great bandwagon

You must be a ****in joy to work for :?

Please god no.

Cheer up ffs.

Please god no.

One assumes that none of your half witted staff post here, and therefore won't read your appraisal of their intelligence levels.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Please god no.

You sound like a hipster whose favourite band has gone mainstream.

Edited by shurlock

This 9 Pinter and her numpty audience sum the whole thing up. It's all about "look at me, aren't I a great supporter". I'm all for new supporters getting behind the lads, but stop with this "it's coming home" pony and show a bit of decorum, we're English for gods sake.

90c2d0f11929226aa7cfe96138160214.jpg

And while I'm on a rant, what about those chumps who are moaning they got married yesterday. What sort of half wit gets married in the football season. That's not a supporter.

The Netherlands have been to the WC final three times. It's rather sad a country three times larger in population is getting so OTT in their reactions about reaching a semi-final.

Now if we actually win the bloody thing, let the party begin!

Edited by Dark Munster

Trippier has been performing well, but Vrsaljko is a better player. Subasic is a better keeper than Pickford, and lovren is better than macguire. Their entire midfield would walk into the England side.

BUT, mandzukic, whilst top class, is not Kane, and as a team, England look more confident.

Should be a close game.

Trippier has been the best right back in the tournament.

I'd take Maguire over Lovren every day of the week, he has been better in the last two prem years than Lovren even not accounting for performing better in this tournament.

And TWO of their midfield would walk into our team, don't think the rest would.

The Croatian side is also on the older side and don't have as much pace England as have, they also struggled to overcome a poor Russian side and played 120 mins whilst England comfortably dealt with a Sweden team in extra-time and got to take a few players off early.

Tough game but England should be favourites IMO, even if you just based it on they should be fresher.

.....or a Bob Dylan fan at the "electric" concert :D

As someone who considers The Band as the finest set of musicians ever assembled, you couldn’t be further from the truth. Perhaps it’s me that’s ahead of the curve and you’re all the Pete Seeger’s desperately trying to axe my amp. One thing for sure, there’s a bloody great bandwagon rolling , with loads of halfwits and chicks jumping aboard.

Trippier has been the best right back in the tournament.

I'd take Maguire over Lovren every day of the week, he has been better in the last two prem years than Lovren even not accounting for performing better in this tournament.

And TWO of their midfield would walk into our team, don't think the rest would.

The Croatian side is also on the older side and don't have as much pace England as have, they also struggled to overcome a poor Russian side and played 120 mins whilst England comfortably dealt with a Sweden team in extra-time and got to take a few players off early.

Tough game but England should be favourites IMO, even if you just based it on they should be fresher.

Not Kovacic seriously?

As someone who considers The Band as the finest set of musicians ever assembled, you couldn’t be further from the truth. Perhaps it’s me that’s ahead of the curve and you’re all the Pete Seeger’s desperately trying to axe my amp. One thing for sure, there’s a bloody great bandwagon rolling , with loads of halfwits and chicks jumping aboard.

Bruv it always happens at world cups and Euros if we do well, are you new to football?

How dare people enjoy the National Teams success at the World Cup. Scumbags the lot of them.

Bruv it always happens at world cups and Euros if we do well, are you new to football?

He’ll be moaning about drivers of cars with England flags out the Windows never having done Slovenia away on a Wednesday night. The frauds.

He’ll be moaning about drivers of cars with England flags out the Windows never having done Slovenia away on a Wednesday night. The frauds.

Nope. There's hundreds of thousands who watch football each week, who've never been to an England game and have no intention of doing so. They're not the ones I'm talking about . The issue is with numptys that have never taken an interest in football before, people who won't watch any games once England are knocked out. It's mainly chicks, they normally spend their Saturday afternoon shopping rather than going or watching soccer Saturday . I bet they don't even know who Jeff Stelling is, let alone Martin Peters or Jackie Charlton. Yesterday in my local there were people watching that go to the pub regularly, but I've never ever seen them watch one game previously. I've never heard them discuss football before, yet they're giving it all the "it's coming home" at the end.

Nope. There's hundreds of thousands who watch football each week, who've never been to an England game and have no intention of doing so. They're not the ones I'm talking about . The issue is with numptys that have never taken an interest in football before, people who won't watch any games once England are knocked out. It's mainly chicks, they normally spend their Saturday afternoon shopping rather than going or watching soccer Saturday . I bet they don't even know who Jeff Stelling is, let alone Martin Peters or Jackie Charlton. Yesterday in my local there were people watching that go to the pub regularly, but I've never ever seen them watch one game previously. I've never heard them discuss football before, yet they're giving it all the "it's coming home" at the end.

What’s your problem with chicks? If you get friend zoned pal, move on. No point in being bitter about it.

Why so annoyed, this happens with every sport when an English person does well, how many clowns suddenly love rugby when England do well? Or are an expert at playing silly mid off when England won the ashes? I wouldn’t get bitter about it, just enjoy it.

Edited by Cabbage_Face

"Chicks"? Another relic from the stone ages, give me strength! Plain ignorant sexism and from you? Shocking.

It's mainly chicks, they normally spend their Saturday afternoon shopping rather than going or watching soccer Saturday.

Good grief. Do give it a rest.

As it happens Saints have one of the highest proportions of female football supporters in the country. It doesn't stop us being patronised in the pub by dinosaurs such as you.

90% of the fans actually going to the games are women, so it seems to me it is the men who are fair weather.

I’m basing this on my own eyewitness evidence of the games shown on TV, every shot of the crowd is women and girls.

90% of the fans actually going to the games are women, so it seems to me it is the men who are fair weather.

I’m basing this on my own eyewitness evidence of the games shown on TV, every shot of the crowd is women and girls.

That is because the camera man/director is a pervert

Yeah. Seeing hot Swedish, Russian, Brazilian, Danish girls squeezed into spray on kits and hot pants is what the World Cup is all about.

There are websites you could visit that might give you what you need.