The World Cup Thread

Lighthouse

so Happy we virtually threw the Belgium game and are on this side of the draw.

Tripper, Maguire and Pickford our standout players

Trippier is very much world class and Maguire has everything for a defender

Agree with Batman.

Plus the absolute selflessness of Harry Kane was brilliant today. Stones and Lingard also key components.

I'm even coming round to Jordan Henderson now, so much so, that I'm referring to him as 'Hendo'

Kane is pure quality and easily one of the best strikers on the planet

I Like all the players. The days of Cole, Terry, Rooney etc are gone and long may it continue

Really impressive display today, Sweden didn’t offer much but we were streets ahead of them in quality and it showed. there’s a good familiarity with the team and a good shape which suits our best players. Getting the best from Trippier in an attacking sense will prove to be a masterstroke.

A semi final is amazing and this is certainly a World Cup I will be telling my grand kids about. We’re in it until the end now, no matter what.

Kane is pure quality and easily one of the best strikers on the planet

I Like all the players. The days of Cole, Terry, Rooney etc are gone and long may it continue

I liked the little word in Maguires ear, “I am going to make you some space”.

Sargeant Major Pickford in goal handing out the rollickings.

One player who I think has grown up at this tournement is John Stones.

Made me smile watching Spanish TV, they came back from the Ads and the screen just said

“Its Coming Home”

England in a World Cup Semi Final!!

Wow!

Thank **** that fat **** Rooney isn’t around anymore, being shoehorned into the team at the expense of those more deserving and dragging us down with his attitude.

+1

If Fat Sam was still in charge I reckon he would be still in the team.........and we would have been out a week ago..

I feel that even if they don't go through the next stage (and I think we.will)this has been a successful world cup for.us.

so Happy we virtually threw the Belgium game and are on this side of the draw.

Tripper, Maguire and Pickford our standout players

Trippier is very much world class and Maguire has everything for a defender

I think Maguire and Stones have the potential to become a world class CB pairing for the next 10 years. Alli and Loftus-Cheek have their best years ahead of them. Throw in Kane and an increasingly impressive Pickford and you have one hell of a strong, young spine.

Today impressed me tbf, we would give many teams a game.

Agreed. We seem to be more adaptive to the teams we are playing so far. I'm not used to that from England.

I'm sure we will still screw it up.....just not for the established reasons.

Sterling is clearly the weak link.

something like 4 years since he scored...Just do not get it with him

He was good today. Great running off and on the ball, just lacking the confidence atm.

His pace is key to us stretching teams.

He was good today. Great running off and on the ball, just lacking the confidence atm.

His pace is key to us stretching teams.

Rashford has the same pace.

Just think we would be better to have him in the side over Sterling.

Really impressive display today, Sweden didn’t offer much but we were streets ahead of them in quality and it showed. there’s a good familiarity with the team and a good shape which suits our best players. Getting the best from Trippier in an attacking sense will prove to be a masterstroke.

A semi final is amazing and this is certainly a World Cup I will be telling my grand kids about. We’re in it until the end now, no matter what.

Well not really, if we lose the semi we aren't in it until the end. Sorry to go all Mr Logic on you but it's true. Anyway CTF on England let's do this!!!!!

On one level, he's England's most dangerous player, even if he's not getting goals. Only England player who seems able or willing to turn defenses around and get them running back to goal. I expected Lingard and Alli to stretch teams more but they've not offered much of a threat - perhaps because they're dropping deeper and doing more defensive work.

Rashford has the same pace.

Just think we would be better to have him in the side over Sterling.

Rashford is a more polished finisher but not as good running with the ball as Sterling.

Edited by shurlock

Well not really, if we lose the semi we aren't in it until the end. Sorry to go all Mr Logic on you but it's true. Anyway CTF on England let's do this!!!!!

I think he meant we have another two games, regardless

Gary Lineker says about Sterling

One of our most important players. The energy, the movement, the work rate, the skill. Couldn’t afford to lose him. Player’s player.

Possibly knows more about Football than you

Although I do agree with the rest of your posts but not about Sterling

Bilic destroying Neville. Neville's contrarian hardman act would fit in well on here.
Absolutely. Russia's goal was a great strike. Neville's suggestion that the keeper was at fault was ridiculous. If he saves that, it's amazing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If you had to make a team from the best players of the tournament what would it look like?

Certainly have the following:

Pickford

Maguire

Alderweireld

(No idea)

(No idea)

Modric

Hazard

De Bruyne

Griezmann

Neymar

Kane

Lukuku for me, over either Neymar or Griezmann

If you had to make a team from the best players of the tournament what would it look like?

Pickford

Maguire

Alderweireld

(No idea)

(No idea)

Modric

Hazard

De Bruyne

Griezmann

Neymar

Kane

Neymar nowhere near. Lukaku miles ahead in this World Cup.

Pickford

Maguire

Alderweireld

(No idea)

(No idea)

Modric

Hazard

De Bruyne

Griezmann

Neymar

Kane