Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

Trump Media & Technology Group stock was rising early on Monday. Shares in the Truth Social parent have nearly doubled in value over a month. Trump Media shares were up 3.2% at $52.62 in premarket trading. The stock closed down 6.3% on Friday. Former U.S. President Donald Trump’s nearly 65% stake in the company was valued at around $5.85 billion at Friday’s closing price. 

Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes GIF - Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes Cash GIFsBugs Bunny Looney Tunes GIF - Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes Cash GIFs

Dear lord! Is GM actually crowing about the fact that the Bullshit Social share price is still significantly lower than it was when he 'tipped' it? 

In other news, Delusional Donny decided to pay tribute to a fictional, mass murdering cannibal after going off at an extreme tangent in a speech about immigration...

But don't worry, I'm sure Nic will be along soon to tell us all that this is just fake news.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, whelk said:

Bill Clinton who was elected as president over 30 years go is still younger than both candidates in 2024

He must be catching up though. I mean, that was ages ago.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Yet again, Trump demonstrates his command of the English language.

https://www.indy100.com/politics/trump/donald-trump-ambidextrous

Obviously FAKE NEWS!

The MSM are out to get him and will fill their pages with lies and disinformation, coupled with clever use of AI to generate faked videos. Anything to undermine the self-ptoclaimed "'Smartest guy in the room"'.

( Mind you if GM and Nic were also in that room I could almost accept that statement).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

I thought one of the main purposes of a country's leader is to unite the population as best they can.

Trump's main objective appears to be to create as wide a division as possible.

Its part of the Populist playbook. Populists like Trump (Farage is also a great example of a populist) always find enemies to rant against. Divide and rule could almost be their motto. 

• Like 4

On 15/05/2024 at 06:48, Tamesaint said:

Its part of the Populist playbook. Populists like Trump (Farage is also a great example of a populist) always find enemies to rant against. Divide and rule could almost be their motto. 

To be fair I don't think the likes of Hilary Clinton ever made any attempt to unite anyone when she was running. The problem is two increasingly polarised sides who disagree with each other often just because they are the other side. 

On 17/05/2024 at 10:19, hypochondriac said:

To be fair I don't think the likes of Hilary Clinton ever made any attempt to unite anyone when she was running. The problem is two increasingly polarised sides who disagree with each other often just because they are the other side. 

American voters are definitely more polarised than Brits. They seem more tribal, like football fan loyalty. The floating voter group is a smaller than UK imo. That reflects the parties and candidates though. There is nowhere near as much policy overlap between Democrats and Republicans as between Tories and and Labour  

3 minutes ago, buctootim said:

American voters are definitely more polarised than Brits. They seem more tribal, like football fan loyalty. The floating voter group is a smaller than UK imo. That reflects the parties and candidates though. There is nowhere near as much policy overlap between Democrats and Republicans as between Tories and and Labour  

That's very true I agree. There was a time though where there was more cooperation between Democrats and republicans about bipartisan issues. Now you have both sides voting down things for no other reason than it's the other side proposing it. It's a crap way to run a country. 

• Like 1

On 17/05/2024 at 10:19, hypochondriac said:

One Clinton speech stays in my mind, when she was outlining the future of her country. She spoke of bespoke industries, using the highly educated to exploit niches in markets and technology.

It stays in my mind as it was clearly ignoring a large number of voters. Her country had to exploit gaps to succeed.

Not long afterwards Trump came out reminding his target audience how powerful their country was, that they hadn't been forgotten, and that he'd work to remove the corruption and elitism that was excluding their views.

After the outcome, what surprised me were the Democratic soundbites demonising all of the opposition, for that outcome. There must have been some who thought that if they had managed to pick anyone not mired in corruption, elitism and maintainng a class of utter troughers, who could plan without ignoring existing workers, they would be winning any election. Sadly, that doesn't seem to have entered any decision making minds in their party.

2 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

One Clinton speech stays in my mind, when she was outlining the future of her country. She spoke of bespoke industries, using the highly educated to exploit niches in markets and technology.

It stays in my mind as it was clearly ignoring a large number of voters. Her country had to exploit gaps to succeed.

Not long afterwards Trump came out reminding his target audience how powerful their country was, that they hadn't been forgotten, and that he'd work to remove the corruption and elitism that was excluding their views.

After the outcome, what surprised me were the Democratic soundbites demonising all of the opposition, for that outcome. There must have been some who thought that if they had managed to pick anyone not mired in corruption, elitism and maintainng a class of utter troughers, who could plan without ignoring existing workers, they would be winning any election. Sadly, that doesn't seem to have entered any decision making minds in their party.

Good post. I wish people would take the correct lessons from Trump getting elected. If the Democrats did that they'd absolutely walk the next election but they don't due to a combination of ideology and a general dislike of the sort of voters that they need to ensure a decisive win. 

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Good post. I wish people would take the correct lessons from Trump getting elected. If the Democrats did that they'd absolutely walk the next election but they don't due to a combination of ideology and a general dislike of the sort of voters that they need to ensure a decisive win. 

There’s a book by Tim Moore, “Another fine mess: Across the USA in a model T Ford” where he talks about exactly this. He did it in 2017 just after the election and only went through red counties because he wanted to understand why people voted Trump. He generally found Trump’s supporters to be friendly, helpful and nice but largely ignored and felt the more liberal coastal states considered the fly over states ignorant and stupid. You can argue whether that’s actually the case but it’s certainly their perception and democrats will need to counter that.

Personally think Trump is doing much of their job for them by being a liability, chuck in abortion and the republicans are probably not helping themselves.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2024 at 18:39, revolution saint said:

There’s a book by Tim Moore, “Another fine mess: Across the USA in a model T Ford” where he talks about exactly this. He did it in 2017 just after the election and only went through red counties because he wanted to understand why people voted Trump. He generally found Trump’s supporters to be friendly, helpful and nice but largely ignored and felt the more liberal coastal states considered the fly over states ignorant and stupid. You can argue whether that’s actually the case but it’s certainly their perception and democrats will need to counter that.

Personally think Trump is doing much of their job for them by being a liability, chuck in abortion and the republicans are probably not helping themselves.

Cheers ll check it out. 

Just now, Gloucester Saint said:

This thread is about to get busy. Guilty on first count apparently, 33 counts to go once the results of the jurors sheets come through.

Guilty for all of them it appears

• Like 1

Far more serious cases and trials to come arising from his role in the violent facist insurrection on 6 January. 

I suspect the loonies will rally around him in the polls initially and then reality will dawn over the coming weeks and months in some of the swing states that re-electing him will 1) destroy their entire democratic system and 2) their nation will join the rogue list of Russia, China, North Korea and Iran. 

The timing of the case was political but the verdict is as damning as it could be. All 34 counts is shattering. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mack rill said:

soon to be the 1st convicted president.

Seems less likely now. There will be a lot of people loudly shouting that they’re more likely to vote Trump, mostly made up of those who were already going to vote Trump, but the difference will be made by the voters who quietly think on the day that maybe they won’t bother going to go and vote for a convicted felon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Seems less likely now. There will be a lot of people loudly shouting that they’re more likely to vote Trump, mostly made up of those who were already going to vote Trump, but the difference will be made by the voters who quietly think on the day that maybe they won’t bother going to go and vote for a convicted felon.

I think he is referring to the fact that in the USA once a president always a president.

1 minute ago, moonraker said:

I think he is referring to the fact that in the USA once a president always a president.

In that case it’s not soon, he literally already is.

Posted (edited)

Listening to his statement now. It's equally hilarious, disturbing and terrifying.

One false, defamatory, misleading, manifestly idiotic statement after another. If he believes what he's saying then he's genuinely mental / degenerate. If he doesn't believe it then he's just a complete and utter cunt.

It's probably a bit of both.

Seemed to be saying he really wanted to testify. He would have testified bigly. Probably the best testimony ever. But he didn't because he would have committed perjury. Great argument, that.

And whinging about the legal system and its processes. This from the man who wanted to execute five innocent black kids in 1989. 

Go fuck yourself, you nappy wearing dinlow.

"We have people sitting in our schools with languages people haven't even heard of. Not French, or Spanish or Russian". WTF?!

"We have record levels of terrorists pouring in." WTF?!

Edited by benjii
  • Like 9

The orange criminal's gone madder.

He reveals the shocking truth that his witnesses were literally crucified, he confirms that Biden is going to quadruple taxes and ban cars, reveals that every business in New York is false accounting and tells us that the nasty judge went into his full life history, for the first time ever.

Also, apparently his world's bestest election expert witness wasn't allowed to testify, even though there was no anything that ever happened.

So that's all sorted.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

it would be funny if he wins their election...I hope hr does just to see the reactions

It's the 5 years after that which worry me. 

I think he'll do it though. He'll dine out on this "injustice" and the dopey yanks will lap it up. 

• Like 1

Screenshot_20240531_183344_Reddit.thumb.jpg.0641427e68ad3e387d6b0d5d47a22ca1.jpg

So you chose not to testify, Donald, and now you're claiming your civil rights have been violated. OK hun x

In all seriousness, I know he doesn't actually believe this and it's just theatre, designed to incense his brain dead supporters, but the man is just utterly unhinged. Everything he says and does demonstrates just how unfit he is for the presidency. 

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

it would be funny if he wins their election...I hope hr does just to see the reactions

You’d love that for your beloved Russia

• Like 5

8 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Where's GM ?

Shares in Trump media dropped 14% immediately after the verdict before rising slightly to 6% down overnight.

I think he hacked his bollocks off as an act of sympathy 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

If he had paid the cash himself out of his own pocket none of this would have happened. Tight twat.

His goal was to provide a bit of concealment of the source of funds. He wanted to prevent a direct line between his own account and the payment to Daniels. So they pretended it came from another source, for another purpose.

20 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

His goal was to provide a bit of concealment of the source of funds. He wanted to prevent a direct line between his own account and the payment to Daniels. So they pretended it came from another source, for another purpose.

Yeah but a real billionaire can move 130k around his private accounts easily enough to get some distance.

He wanted to buy her silence not using his money, this is a power thing to him, "I can do what I want and if there's heat I don't even have to pay for it".

He's paranoid about being a chump.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Yeah but a real billionaire can move 130k around his private accounts easily enough to get some distance.

He wanted to buy her silence not using his money, this is a power thing to him, "I can do what I want and if there's heat I don't even have to pay for it".

He's paranoid about being a chump.

He could pass funds across as many personal accounts as he liked. But the tell tale would be the moment it left any of those and went to Daniels.

Getting Cohen to be the one paying it, seemingly completely separately removed that direct link. Trump could then pay Cohen a similar amount under whatever legitimate guise he wanted.

Trump gets to hide a political embarrassment prior to an election, with no clear link to himself.

I don't think he was using other people's money with the thought that personal distance gave him a sort of power trip to dismiss Daniels.

What he used was a common enough money laundering route to conceal source of funds for an illigitemate payment, knowing full well the reason was to hide a link, and not damage his campaign.

I typed "political embarrassment" above. Trump is a walking, breathing embarrassment. His encounter with Daniels, which he still denies, would have surprised no one. As it turned out, the Access Hollywood tape came out before the election anyway. That still caused Republican panic, and in that you can see why they wanted it not only buried, but distanced from Trump as much as possible. He still managed to win, and perhaps he still would have, if this had come out at the time.

1 hour ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

He could pass funds across as many personal accounts as he liked. But the tell tale would be the moment it left any of those and went to Daniels.

Getting Cohen to be the one paying it, seemingly completely separately removed that direct link. Trump could then pay Cohen a similar amount under whatever legitimate guise he wanted.

Trump gets to hide a political embarrassment prior to an election, with no clear link to himself.

I don't think he was using other people's money with the thought that personal distance gave him a sort of power trip to dismiss Daniels.

What he used was a common enough money laundering route to conceal source of funds for an illigitemate payment, knowing full well the reason was to hide a link, and not damage his campaign.

I typed "political embarrassment" above. Trump is a walking, breathing embarrassment. His encounter with Daniels, which he still denies, would have surprised no one. As it turned out, the Access Hollywood tape came out before the election anyway. That still caused Republican panic, and in that you can see why they wanted it not only buried, but distanced from Trump as much as possible. He still managed to win, and perhaps he still would have, if this had come out at the time.

Of course a billionaire can make his private money untraceable, this is a tiny 130k. Using Cohen, Trumps attorney, to pay SD wasn't disguising it very well.

I think the bottom line is he didn't want to pay with his own money. If he did the court case doesn't happen. At the worst he would have been embarrassed, and as you say that happen anyway.

Anyway it's all just theories, but I'm just pleased he got undone by his own arrogance.