Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

West Ham being linked with Jean-Kevin Augustin. He’s been an unused dub recently so his value must have dropped. I’d say if we can match any other bid, the lure of working with RH could make it a goer. That’s if Ralph still wants him.

http://https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/report-claims-west-ham-could-rekindle-january-interest-in-rb-leipzig-striker-jean-kevin-augustin/amp/

Thought they were in for Mitrovic

Season not over yet and West Ham linked with everyone already. Nothing new.

I can sort of see why people think Boufal might produce something under Ralph, even if I disagree personally. The rest of those players though have shown absolutely no sign of anything close to being a Premier League footballer. The last two aren't even youth players any more, Hesketh is 23 and come next season Reed will be nearly 25.

I can understand the club wanting Ralph to try and get something out of Boufal, Elyounoussie and Carrillo. We paid big money for them after all.

Would give Carillo, Boufal, Elyonoussi, Hesketh and Reed a go at the start of next season. Maby not starting but in the squad.

A new good CD.

And a good Striker is enough for me this summer.

Reed, Ramsey or Yoshida can replace Valery if he can't play.

Sell Gallagher, Austin, Stephens, Forster, Clasie, Hoedt and McQueen or Targett.

Goal

Gunn, McCarthy, u23

RB

Valery, Reed

CD

New, Vestergard, Bednarek, Yoshida

LB

Bertrand, Targett or McQueen

DM

Romeu, Höjbjerg, Lemina, Reed

OM/RW/LW

Redmond, Sims, JWP, Elyonoussi, Armstrong, Hesketh, Boufal

ST

New, Ings, Long, Carillo

You'd seriously keep Elyuseless? There is no point in filling up our squad with dross like him.

I can understand the club wanting Ralph to try and get something out of Boufal, Elyounoussie and Carrillo. We paid big money for them after all.

None of them are good enough. Desperately clinging on to them in the hope that they will suddenly improve isn’t going to bring that money back, just waste more on wages whilst blocking us from bringing someone else in.

You'd seriously keep Elyuseless? There is no point in filling up our squad with dross like him.
There might be something wrong with me, but i still think he can become a good player for us.

Though i thought that about Clasie, Hoedt and Ramirez aswell, so my record isn't that great.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

There might be something wrong with me, but i still think he can become a good player for us.

Though i thought that about Clasie, Hoedt and Ramirez aswell, so my record isn't that great.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

I had a huge soft spot for Ramirez, and I'd like to see Boufal come back, but, I've never seen Elyonoussi do anything to suggest that he has any of the qualities to succeed at this level. He's slow, he plays the obvious ball, he can't trick his way past his man, he's behind the play - he's just... useless. He must be fit now, and he doesn't even make the subs bench - he's behind Reading reject Josh Sims in the pecking order. Hassenhuttl must've formed an opinion by know, and if we possibly can shift him this summer, I'm sure we will.

I had a huge soft spot for Ramirez, and I'd like to see Boufal come back, but, I've never seen Elyonoussi do anything to suggest that he has any of the qualities to succeed at this level. He's slow, he plays the obvious ball, he can't trick his way past his man, he's behind the play - he's just... useless. He must be fit now, and he doesn't even make the subs bench - he's behind Reading reject Josh Sims in the pecking order. Hassenhuttl must've formed an opinion by know, and if we possibly can shift him this summer, I'm sure we will.

I think Ralph has formed an opinion. Moi didn't even make the squad on Saturday. Ralph tried to use him and gave him a few chances, but he never showed any glimpses of anything decent, and I'm reasonably sure now that he will not feature again. Hopefully we can sell him in the Summer, but have my doubts, probably have to loan him back to his Norwegian club.

I think Ralph has formed an opinion. Moi didn't even make the squad on Saturday. Ralph tried to use him and gave him a few chances, but he never showed any glimpses of anything decent, and I'm reasonably sure now that he will not feature again. Hopefully we can sell him in the Summer, but have my doubts, probably have to loan him back to his Norwegian club.

That is a big problem we face in the summer, all these coming back from loans we will have to try and loan out again as we will never get a decent offer for a sale for any of them.

Its just such a waste of our limited transfer budget and also takes so much time to sort out.

That is a big problem we face in the summer, all these coming back from loans we will have to try and loan out again as we will never get a decent offer for a sale for any of them.

Its just such a waste of our limited transfer budget and also takes so much time to sort out.

Anybody else watching Lille v PSG ? Very impressed with Pepe and Bamba up front ( with Ruis Fonte !) tonight ,as Jose Fonte scored the 5th goal in Lille's 5-1 win ?

Probably being touted all over Europe , but both are very fast, direct and skilful young players.

I watched it. Class players but if I had my pick of that type of player I’d go for Inaki Williams at Bilbao.

Hard to take the article seriously when the journalist thinks Shane Long is British!

Not the point. The article also talks about homegrown players - the salient point being that the likes of Shane Long were all developed in the English leagues and have a good understanding of what English football requires.

You're trying too hard pal. No wonder Glasgow didn't renew your sponsorship.

Daily Heil says we're planning to buy British this summer because, er, we were better when we had Calum Chambers and Jack Cork. Bizarre.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6926079/Southampton-plan-sign-British-players-summer.html

Lallana, Luke Shaw, Clyne etc. were the main highlight of the article and I suppose it has somewhat of a point.

Though we are hardly a foreign XI, we have JWP, Redmond, Gunn, Ings, Bertrand who all have England caps or U21 caps, plus Yoshida has been here for years and generally the Scandanavian players seem to settle into British culture pretty well. And then Valery is a youth academy product so has been around British football for a while.

But probably good we focus more on some lower league talents. There are definitely some good players in the Championship right now.

Lallana, Luke Shaw, Clyne etc. were the main highlight of the article and I suppose it has somewhat of a point.

Though we are hardly a foreign XI, we have JWP, Redmond, Gunn, Ings, Bertrand who all have England caps or U21 caps, plus Yoshida has been here for years and generally the Scandanavian players seem to settle into British culture pretty well. And then Valery is a youth academy product so has been around British football for a while.

But probably good we focus more on some lower league talents. There are definitely some good players in the Championship right now.

Guessing it's more a point of our transfer activity...expecting more of the Redmond/Armstrong/Gunn/Ings rather than the Lemina/Hoedt/Boufal/Carrillo types.

Summer 2018

Vestergaard

Ings

Elyounoussi

Armstrong

Gunn

2017/18

Carrillo

Lemina

Hoedt

Bednarek

2016/17

Boufal

Gabbiadini

Hojbjerg

Redmond

Pied

Caceres

Lallana can **** off, little rat knob. He'd get torrents and knows he can never come back. He is also happy having his Mrs up north with him so he can keep his eye on her. She likes to stray down here after all.

The Arfield story was denied by one of the Scottish papers last week after it first came out.

RH has already said we will be going for younger players.

That said, the overall slant of the article is probably true and hopefully we go for good young players with a few British ones (Adams, James etc) among them.

Better sell on potential as well.

The Arfield story was denied by one of the Scottish papers last week after it first came out.

That said, the overall slant of the article is probably true and hopefully we go for good young players with a few British ones (Adams, James etc) among them.

Kalvin Phillips (Leeds) mention recently too. Defensive midfielder.

Hopefully we'll aim higher than somebody who hardly set the PL alight at Burnley and is doing ok in the SPL

Think after last night myself and @supersaint can retired #ziyechwatch after 5yrs of hoping we'd sign him.

Semi Finals and man of the match last night

Ajax showing the world what you can do with a clear system, talented youngsters and a few experienced players

I wouldn't worry about the missed opportunity with Ziyech. Had Reed recruited him and then put him in a squad under Puel and Pellegrino, Ziyech would now be on a salary of £70,000 per week but out on loan in Spain.

Think after last night myself and @supersaint can retired #ziyechwatch after 5yrs of hoping we'd sign him.

Nobody listened except Ajax. Where did that get them......?

Semi Finals and man of the match last night

Oh yeah! - That's where it got them! ;)

Nobody listened except Ajax. Where did that get them......?

Oh yeah! - That's where it got them! ;)

Yeah Ajax made some nice moves in the market getting Tadic and Blind to provide experience to a talented team of youngsters and solid pros.

Hopefully they go on an win it - this city will go mental

RB Leipzig are set to sell Jean-Kevin Augustin, Bruma, and Stefan Ilsanker this summer, according to Kicker.

Agustin needs to be a lot cheaper than £35m I would suggest..

No clue as to whether they might free up Willi Orbin for sale is there?

I think that translates as "cheap".

Mane was cheap

van Dijk was cheap

Hojbjerg was cheap

Bednarek was cheap

Bertrand was cheap

Romeu was cheap

Wanyama was cheap

Lovren was cheap

Etc etc

Nothing wrong with cheap If you scout well.

Mane was cheap

van Dijk was cheap

Hojbjerg was cheap

Bednarek was cheap

Bertrand was cheap

Romeu was cheap

Wanyama was cheap

Lovren was cheap

Etc etc

Nothing wrong with cheap If you scout well.

Many of those fees weren’t cheap unless you willfully overlook the role of inflation.