Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Massive summer and I think shipping players out will be just as hard, if not harder, than getting players in.

For me, we need the below in:

- Commanding leader at CB

- defensive CM in the mould of Wanyama/Kante/fernandinho etc... someone to stop the counter attacks we can’t defend.

- Goal scoring CF

- RB

- Winger (depending on Boufal)

Outs

- Forster or McCarthy. Preferably Forster but he’ll be harder to shift and we can’t afford to keep both

- Hoedt

- Cedric

- Austin

- Clasie

- Carillo

- Gallagher

- Reed

- Hesketh

- Elyounoussi

- Stephens

- Romeu (if we can replace him)

- Ings, if there is any way we can get out of that deal, which looks unlikely.

I suspect a large % of the ours will be loans

Anyone else expecting a quiet transfer window?

In rough terms, I’d expect the loaned players to not return and little other activity.

I think a quality CB is a top priority, not so sure on CF (need quality, rather than depth in this role, whereas at CB I think we need someone to relegate Stephens to 5th choice, not necessarily a £20m first choice)

Obviously, we have zero cover at RB, but other than that, I’d expect to simply replace what we lose (eg if Lemina goes, a new CM...if Bertrand goes, a new LB etc).

I'm expecting the following;

RH to be grossly mistreated - he'll be given a little bit to spend (we'll bleat that the coffers are empty, probavbly feed it to Jeremy Wilson to leak) but is main remit will be sell before we can buy. Will maybe spend £40m, and be outspent by Bournemouth again.

We'll have a significantly better season and finish between 6th-8th.

They'd be discussions next March to talk about budget etc. RH will ask to spend a bit more so we can go to the next level, we will either dither or refuse.

He'll get p1ssed off and leave at the end of the season, not going to a top four or five club but someone like Everton, or Leicester (who would have lost Rodgers as he will jump at the first career opportunity).

We'll then give some moron the RH's role and allow him to spend him £120m the following summer.

Massive summer and I think shipping players out will be just as hard, if not harder, than getting players in.

- defensive CM in the mould of Wanyama/Kante/fernandinho etc... someone to stop the counter attacks we can’t defend.

- Goal scoring CF

- RB

Outs

- Forster or McCarthy. Preferably Forster but he’ll be harder to shift and we can’t afford to keep both

- Hoedt

- Cedric

- Austin

- Clasie

- Carillo

- Gallagher

- Reed

- Hesketh

- Elyounoussi

- Stephens

Agree with all of this! It will be hard to move a lot on though...Hope the club get the right type of players in so Ralph can work his magic. Looking forward to a full season with Ralph in charge!

Agree with all of this! It will be hard to move a lot on though...Hope the club get the right type of players in so Ralph can work his magic. Looking forward to a full season with Ralph in charge!

Would keep Reed. If he doesn't make it here he'll make a decent career elsewhere - think he'd be great under RH.

Would keep Romeu too...

....tbh though, I only care about selling four players; Hoedt, Forster, Carillo and Stephens. Get rid of those 4, I'd be happy. Very happy.

That's an interesting bit of sleuthing on your part. Where does this name come from, just from your internet search or anything more ?

Obviously there is a Ralph - RB Leipzig connection, but who knows, his departure might be due to the fact he's a German Hoedt.

Of German based CB's I suspect Orban will be amongst RH's wishlist, but questionable if we could prise him away.

Edited by Badger

That's an interesting bit of sleuthing on your part. Where does this name come from, just from your internet search or anything more ?

Obviously there is a Ralph - RB Leipzig connection, but who knows, his departure might be due to the fact he's a German Hoedt.

Of German based CB's I suspect Orban will be amongst RH's wishlist, but questionable if we could prise him away.

Not my sleuthing, titbit sent by my son, who spends more time, looking through the rumours. Just posting it for thoughts, given that we may be in for 2/3 CB's.

Not my sleuthing, titbit sent by my son, who spends more time, looking through the rumours. Just posting it for thoughts, given that we may be in for 2/3 CB's.

Has it been a rumour somewhere ? An link though as it meets a lot of the suspected criteria, young, likely to improve, Ralph link etc.

At the moment though we have a young CB with potential to improve (Bednarek), in my view what we desperately need is someone experienced and capable of organising the defence. Which isn't to say we shouldn't also look to bring in up and coming players, but with limited funds the organiser is probably the priority.

Thanks for posting the link though. Makes interesting reading.

Don’t get why some don’t rate Ings. He is a quality player. The only problem is keeping him fit.

You're right, he is a quality player, excellent in my opinion, and I wouldn't say it's so much that some don't rate him but just that a price tag that goes with that quality is too high for someone who's only available for a limited amount of games. If we are committed to buying then I'm still content that we've got him in the squad and hope he finally gets a break from the injuries that have blighted his career. Big ask though....

Has it been a rumour somewhere ? An link though as it meets a lot of the suspected criteria, young, likely to improve, Ralph link etc.

At the moment though we have a young CB with potential to improve (Bednarek), in my view what we desperately need is someone experienced and capable of organising the defence. Which isn't to say we shouldn't also look to bring in up and coming players, but with limited funds the organiser is probably the priority.

Thanks for posting the link though. Makes interesting reading.

He also keeps banging on about this guy

https://www.transfermarkt.com/richmond-boakye/profil/spieler/119213

Say's he would be a good fit!

IN

Pontus Jannson if Leeds don't get promoted.

Che Adams

Maehle or Bartolec for right back.

Bruma or Odengaard

Giroud or targetman

Have you watched much of Jannson if you think he is what we need?

Lightweight picks up too many injuries goes missing a lot when it gets tough.

We need better than him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all the loans will be impossible to shift permanently, which will restrict us financially, again. You can bet that any that do go out the door, will do so towards the latter end of the window (why pay them during the summer if you don't have to), which again will tie our hands a little.

This unfortunately

What's the standard of French Ligue 2?

I genuinely don't mind being linked with players like this, as I've said before I'm 100% convinced there are still players out there for £3, 4, 5m that could excel in the EPL; it's all down to our recruitment though - which has been recently very, very shoddy.

They'll no doubt be a clamour for £15m+ players though.

I could probably name 20 players which would cost less than £10m who could perform at PL level all over Europe - I'm sure some others on here can too.

They'll leave it all to wee Ross and his team of Apple Mac nerds monitoring the trajectory of run gaits and distance between left and right legs when stood still to make those decisions though.

I'd sell all the following if possible, which it won't be, but still;

Forster

Cedric

Hoedt

Stephens

Romeu

Clasie

Reed

Hesketh

Elyounoussi

Boufal

Austin

Long

Carrillo

Gallagher

I’d keep Long, but all the others can go, with Long I just don’t see how many other strikers we could get happy to do a bit part role.

What are the thoughts on Gary Cahill?

I know he's 33 but he's feeling unloved at Chelsea and would bring a wise head to our back line.

Problem would possibly be wages and would Ralph prefer to go for a younger prospect?

Realistic outs...

One of Forster or McCarthy - Obvious reasons

Cedric - Be amazed if he is not sold (as opposed to loan). Decent player who has had his time at saints

Hoedt - disgraceful player

Stephens - no where near good enough

Clasie - probably loaned

Austin - surely someone will take a punt on a relatively low fee

Possible outs....

Carrillo - God knows what will happen with him

Boufal - Has the talent, and Ralph will probably have a look

Hoj - because we have been 'told' a couple of times that elite clubs are watching him (be gutted if he leaves).

Gallagher- probably loaned if no decent fee can be sought

Hesketh - as above

Mo - have no idea. Can see a possible loan if Boufal comes back into the mix

Reed - see gallagher

Incoming...(all starting quality)

A RB

A CB

a Wide attacker with pace

a forward with pace

and replace any 'first teamer' that leaves with actual quality

Edited by Batman

I just hope Ralph is stronger than our previous management, if you let Ross take control and start making the transfers then you're ****ed. Basically.

I'm sure Ralph has some good contacts, so let him recommend the players, let his contacts scout, and let Ross just play tiddly winks or something.

For an 18-20 man squad (which is what Ralph says he wants) I'd expect us to have something like this:

ST: Ings, Long, ?New Signing?

AM: Redmond, JWP, Sims, Armstrong, (possibly Boufal)

CM: Romeu, Lemina, Hojbjerg (unless he's sold), (JWP can cover here as well, but only really alongside Romeu. Reed might also work in this role if we keep him)

LB: Bertrand, Targett

RB: (Valery, u21), (Possibly Reed)

CB: Yoshida, Bednarek, Vestergaard, ?New Signing?

GK: Gunn, Forster or McCarthey

That is between 18 and 20 senior players already (not counting Valery as senior and depending upon Boufal and Reed). Ralph also says that he wants to look at the youth teams to fill out positions, so you can also add Slattery, Obafemi, Ramsey, Ferry, Johnson, Vokins, etc. to the mix. I'd expect we'd look to loan out or sell as many of the other senior players as possible.

If we add another wide attacker, we need to sell one of the other players who is older than 21. I don't think it's a good idea to sign a back-up RB as that just bloats the squad and blocks Ramsey who looks promising and might get even better after a full pre-season.

We definitely need a better CB and striker, especially if we look to play 4-2-2-2. If we sell Hojbjerg as seems to be suggested by Kruger then we would probably need to add another CM as well.

- Goal scoring CF

- RB

Outs

- Hoedt

- Cedric

- Austin

- Clasie

- Carillo

- Gallagher

- Reed

- Hesketh

- Elyounoussi

- Stephens

No way that many will go.

Why the hell would we sell Romeu? He's been important to our improved form and we literally have one defensive mid.

Nor will Ings go as we are buying him in the summer and again nor should he, he's a good player and been decent this year, just needs to get fit.

I doubt Elynoussi will go either, not after 1 year, doubt the club will give up on him and by his recent interview I doubt he wants to quit either. Maybe a loan, but I doubt that.

Close to certain outs for me are -

Hoedt, hes burnt his bridges, is far too arrogant for his talent, trouble is getting anyone to buy him, we'll have to sub his wages if he ends up at most Italian/Spanish/Dutch clubs, as hes probably on £65k a week.

Clasie, already said he never wants to play here again. Doubt whether Feyenoord will buy him though, seems to have fallen out with his manager.

Austin, wants more football and I think will get offers as hes a proven goal scorer so teams will take a gamble on him. Definitely can see Championship clubs going for him, especially as I doubt we'll ask for much fee. You could see him scoring the goals that gets someone promoted.

Cedric, because hes a decent player, should be takers in Europe and by the sounds of it he basically decided he was better than us and Ralph wasn't impressed by his attitude.

The rest are more up in the air.

I think Boufal and Carrillo Ralph will look at both,

Stephens is not good enough, but I think it'll depend if he decides to go for more football as I reckon he'll be kept for depth due to him being versatile.

Forster is going to be hard to shift, he might stay as No. 2 and McCarthy might get sold.

Gallagher, Reed, Hesketh, might all get loaned again I reckon. But would need some Championship teams to stump up for them if they were sold and I can't see that, maybe Gallagher someone might pay out for.

My predictions for this summer

2 Centre backs we need to spend big on

Lewis Dunk

Pontus Jannson

Harry Reed will replace Romeu

Che Adams in to replace Austin

Boufal to come back

Norwegian right back in to support Valery

Lots of others by the wayside out the door

Very close to what I would hope for.

Plus I would want to bring in a fast striker option if Boufal is not good enough.

Finally, If we can offload Ings and get a replacement it would be great.

Watched Leeds v Villa yesterday and paid particular attention to Kalvin Phillips and what a decent young player he looks to be who could play in a variety of roles in the midfield.

Centre Back wise, we should go hell for leather to try and sign Willi Orban from Leipzig. He has been linked to us before, and my German mate tells me he is a commanding presence at the back who is pretty good at heading goals at corners too.

A couple of pacy forwards needed too, and I rather get the feeling that Ralph has some candidates in mind here, but £35m for Agustin who we know has been linked will not happen, so maybe there is mileage in this French chap Aye.

Centre Back wise, we should go hell for leather to try and sign Willi Orban from Leipzig. He has been linked to us before, and my German mate tells me he is a commanding presence at the back who is pretty good at heading goals at corners too.

Leipzig have just qualified for the Champions' League again. Seems pretty unlikely that their best players will swap that for scrapping around in the lower reaches of the Premier League.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Leipzig have just qualified for the Champions' League again. Seems pretty unlikely that their best players will swap that for scrapping around in the lower reaches of the Premier League.

But Wages turn a players head?

One good season in the premier would treble his wages even more as he would be in demand from even bigger clubs.

Certainly understand your point, but he has been at Leipzig for a few seasons now and maybe they have hit their ceiling in doing what they are doing - Not sure they can push on towards Munich or Dortmund as the top 2 and they are losing their star striker to Bayern this year.

Maybe he would fancy a new challenge on bigger wages and a chance to be reunited with Ralph..

Certainly understand your point, but he has been at Leipzig for a few seasons now and maybe they have hit their ceiling in doing what they are doing - Not sure they can push on towards Munich or Dortmund as the top 2 and they are losing their star striker to Bayern this year.

Maybe he would fancy a new challenge on bigger wages and a chance to be reunited with Ralph..

Leipzig are also about to bring in a new manager, Nagelsmann, who will probably want to bring in players to build his team. I wouldn't rule this out.

Caution though - Vestergaard was considered one of the better CB's in the Bundesliga, and he's not really been a dominant presence for us this season.

Ralph H - "this is the best league in the world; I am so glad I came here."

If he can get transfer targets to think that to, we can get players in.

Leipzig are also about to bring in a new manager, Nagelsmann, who will probably want to bring in players to build his team. I wouldn't rule this out.

Caution though - Vestergaard was considered one of the better CB's in the Bundesliga, and he's not really been a dominant presence for us this season.

Was he though? Or was that just by Les Reed?