Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Ok ok ok. Roll up roll up. Sorry I’ve been dormant, I’ve been on my travels, I however have been given a trove of “info”. Detailed below.

Outs:-

McCarthy

Hoedt

Cedric

Stephens

Reed

Moi

Lemina

Gallagher

Austin

Gabbi

Sims

Ings

Long

Ins:-

Joakim Mæhlea

Che Adams

Florian Aye

Ronaldo Mandragora

Rafael Toloi

Tom Cairney

Ryan Sessi

Luca Connell

Mbwana Samatta

ohikhuaeme omoijuanfo

Paulhino (haeken)

Ben Heinrichs

Niklas Sule

Ings

Poulsen

In no way am I saying these will all happen or if any of them, please do not hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh goody, another window of this :rolleyes:

Sounds like a more technical Antonio. If he’s ooc as well then worth a look. Marquis I’ve seen play for Torquay and stood out in L2, but I’d like to see him get a run in the Champ first.

Interesting info from Eric, not surprised about Austin but thought Long might see out his contract. This little run of scoring might get him a buyer though.

Swansea’s winger - Daniel James - he would be one I’d be targeting. Pace and takes people on. Looks good technically when I’ve seen him as well. Maupay at Brentford another and Bowen at Hull. Che Adams might be too expensive now.

Aribo is more Pogba than Antonio, but that's a good analogy. He's very technical, skilful as they used to say. He will want paying, but its a no brainer signing if you ask me, so long as we can offer him an opportunity to get games.

I like the look of James and Adams. We need additional dribblers in the squad to compliment Redmond and provide cover.

I think it’s more to do with saleable asset and getting return - can’t see anyone buying Forster on wages he is on and hasn’t played a prem game in ages who would risk that?

It probably is harsh that McCarthy has been dropped, was our player of the season last year. So for us to go and sign another keeper and then bench him must leave him a bit miffed.. don't think gunn has been exceptional or anything either bar the Chelsea game.

Sounds like a more technical Antonio. If he’s ooc as well then worth a look. Marquis I’ve seen play for Torquay and stood out in L2, but I’d like to see him get a run in the Champ first.

Interesting info from Eric, not surprised about Austin but thought Long might see out his contract. This little run of scoring might get him a buyer though.

Swansea’s winger - Daniel James - he would be one I’d be targeting. Pace and takes people on. Looks good technically when I’ve seen him as well. Maupay at Brentford another and Bowen at Hull. Che Adams might be too expensive now.

I must say I saw a few highlights from their FA Cup game with Brentford and thought he looked impressive. I wouldn't go out on a limb and claim to know any more because lots of players can look good in one random game, but not only was he blessed with pace but seemed to have decent awareness of how to use it, not just running down blind alleys.

I posted this in the JWP thread but recognise that this was probably a more appropriate place to post. I do strongly stress that this is a tenuous link :) But in case there is any ounce of truth in it will post it.

One of the senior partners at my law firm (one of the biggest global firms) had a meeting with Levy's son (can not disclose contents of meeting but not football related). They meet very regularly and considers him a friend, probably helped that the partner is a big spurs fan. To cut a mid size story short, Levy's son said a few things that we all know. Alderweirald is gone-or if he's not- Poch is, but no way both will be at the club next season. Eriksen 90% gone and even Kane is not safe. But only likely one of those two latter will go. The Saints bit is for Spurs looking for replacements. Apparently Poch is not keen on spending the big, big megabucks (probably unlikely they will be available anyway) and that they are actively looking for young players with the sort of attitude that can fit neatly into the tight knit squad. Fits in with how he has spet money in the past. And that JWP is the one they are most keen on signing as Poch is a huge admirer and believes JWP will buy into the training regime and tactics as he has done so before. No reason for partner to make this up, he doesn't give a **** about us.

Of course, as I am 2 links in the chain away from the source, I have no idea how valid these claims. To me, it makes sense that he would be high priority for Spurs, but obviously hope not!

JWP to Spurs will be good news to us lot (AFCB) - We're worried that Brooks will be Eriksen's replacement (£50 million apparently). But Brooks has looked a bit knackered and 'kicked about' recently and slid off radar a bit..

Any views on Brooks from Saturday?, he did OK we think..

Spurs fans will be a bit miffed with JWP being Eriksen's replacement...

I think it is also to do with putting a bit more pressure on Alli as well. 5 goal return is a poor return for such a good player, and doesn't offer enough work rate in a fair few games. Apparently only turns up for the big games, so some competition might kick him into gear. Obviously though they are not like-for-like

JWP to Spurs will be good news to us lot (AFCB) - We're worried that Brooks will be Eriksen's replacement (£50 million apparently). But Brooks has looked a bit knackered and 'kicked about' recently and slid off radar a bit..

Any views on Brooks from Saturday?, he did OK we think..

Looked decent technically and clearly a talent but spent a lot of time rolling around and moaning at the ref

I posted this in the JWP thread but recognise that this was probably a more appropriate place to post. I do strongly stress that this is a tenuous link :) But in case there is any ounce of truth in it will post it.

One of the senior partners at my law firm (one of the biggest global firms) had a meeting with Levy's son (can not disclose contents of meeting but not football related). They meet very regularly and considers him a friend, probably helped that the partner is a big spurs fan. To cut a mid size story short, Levy's son said a few things that we all know. Alderweirald is gone-or if he's not- Poch is, but no way both will be at the club next season. Eriksen 90% gone and even Kane is not safe. But only likely one of those two latter will go. The Saints bit is for Spurs looking for replacements. Apparently Poch is not keen on spending the big, big megabucks (probably unlikely they will be available anyway) and that they are actively looking for young players with the sort of attitude that can fit neatly into the tight knit squad. Fits in with how he has spet money in the past. And that JWP is the one they are most keen on signing as Poch is a huge admirer and believes JWP will buy into the training regime and tactics as he has done so before. No reason for partner to make this up, he doesn't give a **** about us.

Of course, as I am 2 links in the chain away from the source, I have no idea how valid these claims. To me, it makes sense that he would be high priority for Spurs, but obviously hope not!

Top info. Don’t get carried away posting, you’ll get bullied off this place.

Top info. Don’t get carried away posting, you’ll get bullied off this place.

Sydney_saint, carry on posting mate, people are only hounded if they the have dual personalities/log ins

Leipzig are showing a strong interest in both Hudson-odoi and Dzeko from Roma, does this enforce the Augustin rumour?

I reckon if we see a young, pacy forward go into Leipzig then Agustin might well become available at a reasonable price.. I don't think Dzeko is a comparable though..

Leipzig are showing a strong interest in both Hudson-odoi and Dzeko from Roma, does this enforce the Augustin rumour?
No-one's going to sign Hudson-Odoi this summer - he's got nine months of rehab ahead of him after rupturing his Achilles. And at the end of next season, assuming Chelsea can't persuade him to sign a new contract, foreign clubs will be able to pick him up for free.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Hasenhuttl very clear in today's presser that we will spend - and need to spend - but also said that how much will be partly dependent upon fees we can get for players we sell.

Nothing controversial but he was very clear about it which is great and also sets out his position at the start of the summer.

Over to you Ross and Martyn!

Hasenhuttl very clear in today's presser that we will spend - and need to spend - but also said that how much will be partly dependent upon fees we can get for players we sell.

Nothing controversial but he was very clear about it which is great and also sets out his position at the start of the summer.

Over to you Ross and Martyn!

Can you do one of your profiles on Martin, Charlie? Here’s a photo to get you started.

southampton-director-martin-semmens-left-and-managing-director-toby-steele-in-the-stands-before-the-premier-league-match-at-st-marys-southampton-press-association-photo-picture-date-sunday-august-12-2018-see-pa-story-soccer-southampton-photo-credit-should-read-andrew-matthewspa-wire-restrictions-editorial-use-only-no-use-with-unauthorised-audio-video-data-fixture-lists-clubleague-logos-or-live-services-online-in-match-use-limited-to-120-images-no-video-emulation-no-use-in-betting-games-or-single-clubleagueplayer-publications-PE4T2R.jpg

Simple typo and a mistake, bit like your player ratings on that excel spreadsheet game.

I didn’t realise this thread was for 100% nailed on transfers, so I apologies for posting in it, I will keep these things to myself once more.

Sorry to have bothered you.

Brilliant.

Ps. has there ever been a post that MLG doesn't take 100% literally even when its an obvious wind-up?

Can you do one of your profiles on Martin, Charlie? Here’s a photo to get you started.

southampton-director-martin-semmens-left-and-managing-director-toby-steele-in-the-stands-before-the-premier-league-match-at-st-marys-southampton-press-association-photo-picture-date-sunday-august-12-2018-see-pa-story-soccer-southampton-photo-credit-should-read-andrew-matthewspa-wire-restrictions-editorial-use-only-no-use-with-unauthorised-audio-video-data-fixture-lists-clubleague-logos-or-live-services-online-in-match-use-limited-to-120-images-no-video-emulation-no-use-in-betting-games-or-single-clubleagueplayer-publications-PE4T2R.jpg

All in good time, pal.

Not actually sure thats Glover. Think this is him below. Is the other guy Martin Semmens? Unless you want a joint profile on the two Mart(y/i)n's?

6990e5936abf3648dd70721202743016.jpg

All in good time, pal.

Not actually sure thats Glover. Think this is him below. Is the other guy Martin Semmens? Unless you want a joint profile on the two Mart(y/i)n's?

6990e5936abf3648dd70721202743016.jpg

You’re right that’s Semmens, not Glover. Being greedy I’d love a joint profile on the two, though Glover’s the priority. Needless to say I’m fully expecting an update on the wee man, Wilson, one of your best and beloved works to date.

Keep up the good work.

Worth a crack at Jovic at Frankfurt? Wanted by the big clubs but concerned he might not get the playing time he needs. We could be the leg up for his career. Would mean busting our record transfer fee again though...

Took his goal well last night...if we go balls deep for a striker I hope its this chap.

Linked with Ritsu Doan from FC Groningen

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/02/do-report-southampton-want-to-sign-groningen-talisman-ritsu-doan/

Also some Chelsea youngster on a free, Martell Taylor-Crossdale

Still being linked with Augustin and Adams, those links seem to be coming up often.

Augustin/Adams/Obafemi/Long...

Strong enough front line roster for next season?

Forgot about him!

So...Augustin or Adams: which would be the better choice?

I can't say I've seen both play a lot, but Augustin obviously has history with Ralph, and he's played, albeit slightly, at a high level in Germany.

Adams has scored 20+ in Championship I think, and he is English which makes me slightly more biased towards him, and he would be cheaper.

If both players cost the same, then I'd opt for Augustin. But likelihood is Augustin will probably cost £27-35million, and Adams we might be able to get for £12-15m, and in that case I'd choose Adams.

I can't say I've seen both play a lot, but Augustin obviously has history with Ralph, and he's played, albeit slightly, at a high level in Germany.

Adams has scored 20+ in Championship I think, and he is English which makes me slightly more biased towards him, and he would be cheaper.

If both players cost the same, then I'd opt for Augustin. But likelihood is Augustin will probably cost £27-35million, and Adams we might be able to get for £12-15m, and in that case I'd choose Adams.

Augustin has hardly played this season, he will never cost 27-35m. If we pay that, then we have been taken to the cleaners once again.

Augustin has hardly played this season, he will never cost 27-35m. If we pay that, then we have been taken to the cleaners once again.

Know very little about him, despite him being at PSG in his youth years. At 35 million he looks seriously overpriced to me.

JARROD BOWEN has sparked interest from THREE clubs in the Premier League.

The Hull striker, 22, is getting eyed by Bournemouth, Burnley and Southampton after his stunning campaign in the Championship.

They are weighing up summer bids for the £15million-rated forward, who has scored 22 goals this season for Nigel Adkins’ side.

Hull could cash in and allow their star man to get his chance in the top-flight, with Bowen’s contract running out at the end of next season with a one-year option.

They will make a huge profit after taking Bowen from Hereford as a teenager and making him part of the first-team squad.

He progressed before his major breakthrough last season when he scored 15 goals during the campaign.

Speaking of the player, former England international Dean Ashton told Football League World: "He’s very much in the mould of what a manager is looking for right now, with the systems that they’re playing.

"He can play out wide and drift into the centre, which offers the flexibility that suits the modern tactics and formations.

"If you can score goals, you’re a real threat and can finish like he has done then you can go far.

"The timing of his runs is important too, you’re always going to have lots of teams looking at you."

Bowen will be looking to put on a show for Hull in their last game of the season on Sunday when they face Bristol City at the KC Stadium.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8998286/southampton-jarrod-bowen-hull-burnley-bournemouth/

Forgot about him!

So...Augustin or Adams: which would be the better choice?

Augustin is exactly what we need imo. Play off the shoulder, decent in front of goal and quick, would link well with Ings in a 4222, can possibly play out wide.

Adams would be the better choice if we play 1 forward, which I’m not sure we will.

Augustin is exactly what we need imo. Play off the shoulder, decent in front of goal and quick, would link well with Ings in a 4222, can possibly play out wide.

Adams would be the better choice if we play 1 forward, which I’m not sure we will.

It’s almost funny, my expectations of our strikers have sunk so low in the last few years that signing both and having 2 decent options, plus a half fit Ings, seems greedy and luxurious. :?

Haven’t seen much of either of them but if what you say is true, surely we have space for both.