Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

2 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Am I right in thinking that of the current bunch, only Klopp, Pep and Dyche have now been managing their clubs at the Premier League level for longer than Ralph has?

Bielsa has been in the job longer. Ralph is currently the 5th longest serving premier league manager. And long may he stay. 

• Like 2

Gerrard won't leave Rangers for Villa. If I was a betting man I would probably stick a tenner on Fonseca and another on a Lampard/Terry dream team.

Doubt RH will go, after the board have stuck with him through thick and thin he would piss a lot of people off by jumping ship for another mid table club. Its taken him 3 years to get us to this stage, he won't get that luxury at any other club in the top flight.

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Norwich apparently also keen according to Sky

🤣

I can understand the slight chance of Villa given their resources, but Norwich... 🤣 They're one of the few teams in this league with less money than us and are a certainty to go down again this season even if they did win at the weekend. I can't see any attraction in leaving us for Norwich.

Just now, HarvSFC said:

🤣

I can understand the slight chance of Villa given their resources, but Norwich... 🤣 They're one of the few teams in this league with less money than us and are a certainty to go down again this season even if they did win at the weekend. I can't see any attraction in leaving us for Norwich.

Norwich shortlist Frank Lampard, Dean Smith and Southampton's Ralph Hasenhuttl for new boss | Football News | Sky Sports

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Who's putting his name in the press?

That's Villa and Norwich consecutively now.

This smacks of agent stuff.

Villa I imagine is genuine interest from their side, Norwich is sky so prolly a sky bet thing

I think all this attention on Ralf is another example of how most people (pony) rate him as an excellent manager and is getting good results out of a limited budget team.

We play a style that is pleasing to most fans. To suggest a contracted Manager in your own league shows alot of positives for Ralf and Saints, we are flattered but.......pony off!

He is not done with this masterpiece he is sculpting SFC.

14 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

I think all this attention on Ralf is another example of how most people (pony) rate him as an excellent manager and is getting good results out of a limited budget team.

We play a style that is pleasing to most fans. To suggest a contracted Manager in your own league shows alot of positives for Ralf and Saints, we are flattered but.......pony off!

He is not done with this masterpiece he is sculpting SFC.

Each to their own I guess, but I wouldn't be too upset if he went to Villa - specially if there is the claimed £10M compo.

I'm not calling for his head but I don't really want 3 more years of what we've had in the last 3. Yes we might be worse off but I would hope we can find someone who can improve us even just a bit more. There must be an up and coming exciting manager we could take a punt on (again only if Ralph is poached). How's Marians Pahars doing these days?

• Like 1
  • Confused 10

15 minutes ago, Red said:

Each to their own I guess, but I wouldn't be too upset if he went to Villa - specially if there is the claimed £10M compo.

I'm not calling for his head but I don't really want 3 more years of what we've had in the last 3. Yes we might be worse off but I would hope we can find someone who can improve us even just a bit more. There must be an up and coming exciting manager we could take a punt on (again only if Ralph is poached). How's Marians Pahars doing these days?

I hope this is a joke

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Red said:

In the summer I'd have paid for his taxi up there, but credit to him, he's got us playing this season, sorted the defence, and shown more tactical flexibility. Yep. I'm fickle, but on recent performances, I'd want him to stay. 

If he's offered a massive pay hike, money for transfers, and still plenty of autonomy, I wouldn't be surprised if he was tempted though. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Red said:

Have you really forgotten Pellegrino, it's what gets me through the 9-0 flashbacks.

I'll stick with RH if he sticks with us.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Red said:

Honestly, each to their own and what not. But you just removed any credibility with most users of this forum 😅. Might be Lord D's new favourite poster though... swings and roundabouts I guess 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Red said:

With the funds and squad he has had to work with, he's done a great job just keeping us where we are. Only Norwich have a lower net spend. I wouldn't blame him if he did go somewhere else where he'd have more to work with but I really hope he stays. Most fans i know from other clubs really rate him....Based on some of the stuff on here,it's mainly saints fans that dont

Edited by jimmer42

1 hour ago, Red said:

As much as I would like Pahars to be a top manager, his last job was in Serie D earlier this year, managing just five games - One draw, four losses.

I hope you’re on the windup.

2 hours ago, jimmer42 said:

With the funds and squad he has had to work with, he's done a great job just keeping us where we are. Only Norwich have a lower net spend. I wouldn't blame him if he did go somewhere else where he'd have more to work with but I really hope he stays. Most fans i know from other clubs really rate him....Based on some of the stuff on here,it's mainly saints fans that dont

3 hours ago, Red said:

Its taken three years to get rid of the dead wood who should never have been here and who made no contribution. Now they've gone and Ralph is at last getting his own squad together and they look very good to me, I am looking forward to the next three years and I trust Ralph will enjoy the fruits of his labours with us. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dellman said:

Its taken three years to get rid of the dead wood who should never have been here and who made no contribution. Now they've gone and Ralph is at last getting his own squad together and they look very good to me, I am looking forward to the next three years and I trust Ralph will enjoy the fruits of his labours with us. 

Ok bit of balance/sanity check here - firstly I said I'm not calling for his head, just that I would not be overly upset if he went. Secondly just 4 games ago most on here were calling for his head, and whilst we have done well in said 4 games it is not convincing IMHO. Yes football is a fickle game but in all honesty are we much improved in the last 3 years since Ralph has been in charge? Maybe we are getting there and I would be more than happy to be proven wrong but I'm not sure he's found the secret sauce as yet (appreciate he saved us in his first year but I'm talking about progression since then).

Yes we might get someone a lot worse and get relegated but who dares wins. Oh and yes Pahars was tongue in cheek but would be a great story if he turned out to have been a great emerging manager and returned to us - remember reading an article where he said he loved his time with us and hoped to return in some capacity in the future.

Again, I am not anti Ralph, it's just that I don't think he is the best thing since sliced bread despite our last 4 games 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red said:

Ok bit of balance/sanity check here - firstly I said I'm not calling for his head, just that I would not be overly upset if he went. Secondly just 4 games ago most on here were calling for his head, and whilst we have done well in said 4 games it is not convincing IMHO. Yes football is a fickle game but in all honesty are we much improved in the last 3 years since Ralph has been in charge? Maybe we are getting there and I would be more than happy to be proven wrong but I'm not sure he's found the secret sauce as yet (appreciate he saved us in his first year but I'm talking about progression since then).

Yes we might get someone a lot worse and get relegated but who dares wins. Oh and yes Pahars was tongue in cheek but would be a great story if he turned out to have been a great emerging manager and returned to us - remember reading an article where he said he loved his time with us and hoped to return in some capacity in the future.

Again, I am not anti Ralph, it's just that I don't think he is the best thing since sliced bread despite our last 4 games 

We re not much improved compared to the Hughes and Pellegrino days? Give it over please, have a long hard look in the mirror and look at yourself spouting so much bullshit.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Red said:

Not sure what this is, but it is definitely not a "sanity check". It's batshit insane.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl