Mohammed Salisu

Saint Garrett

4 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

Should we be worried about Salisu taking this long?

To be honest I was more worried that the quiet time between last week's reports and the formal announcement had not already turned into a collective forum panic attack about how we'd been gazumped, the fans have been duped, the club are useless, we can't get deals over the line, laughing stock etc etc etc.

Come on forum suicide squad, start getting restless already. It's what summer is all about.

Just now, CB Fry said:

That article does not say Wolves are 'back in for him'. It is a random journalist suggesting that they should bid for him. It is also an article published on 29th May!

Player hasn't yet made his mind up yet i heard - Premier league club with an amazing catchment area and the best shopping and school outside London v some French place no one has heard of. Croker couldn't sell a bar of chocolate to a fat kid, nice one Croker. 🙈 Wont be long before Ralph get p!ssed off and leaves as yet another prime target missed out on. 🙄

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/mohammed-salisu-still-unsure-between-rennes-southampton/

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Player hasn't yet made his mind up yet i heard - Premier league club with an amazing catchment area and the best shopping and school outside London v some French place no one has heard of. Croker couldn't sell a bar of chocolate to a fat kid, nice one Croker. 🙈 Wont be long before Ralph get p!ssed off and leaves as yet another prime target missed out on. 🙄

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/mohammed-salisu-still-unsure-between-rennes-southampton/

That Semmens bloke can talk the talk on his glamorous cosy chats with the BBC but it's pretty obvious we've been caught napping with our pants down.

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Is that link not dated 10th of July?

Just now, CB Fry said:

That Semmens bloke can talk the talk on his glamorous cosy chats with the BBC but it's pretty obvious we've been caught napping with our pants down.

Didn't hear the interview. Did he say he was "relaxed" about it ? If so he's learnt from the Grand Master in the Art of Dither.

Was also hoping for headlines about not doing business with North London Yobbos, but unless it's gone unnoticed by the media, he's already failed t the 'Rupert test' to hold office.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Weston Saint said:

Has anyone thought, bearing in mind the positive reports in the media that he has signed, that the reason for no announcement is that they are waiting final clearance for a work permit. Be silly to jump the gun even if the club are confident he will get one.

Would be ludicrous to believe that very likely statement :)

"Unfortunately we knew he preferred the Premier League ..." Nicolas Holveck, president of Stade Rennais, is the guest of the "RMC Foot Show" to take stock of the transfer window. He indicates in particular that the arrival of Salisu is largely compromised

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Unfortunately we knew he preferred the Premier League ... "

Nicolas Holveck, president of Stade Rennais, is the guest of the "RMC Foot Show" to take stock of the transfer window. He indicates in particular that the arrival of Salisu is largely compromised #RMCLive

This is the important bit from the president of Rennes - "“Unfortunately, we knew that Mohamed preferred the Premier League because he is English-speaking. We respect his choice. We had doubts about his capital to obtain the work permit in England. It seems he acquired it. We were his first choice in case of not obtaining the permit. The central defender position is the priority of our transfer window" (source https://www.footmercato.net/a3910090425056081055-rennes-nicolas-holveck-tres-pessimiste-avec-guirassy-et-salisu) confirming we have a work permit. Looks done and dusted!

33 minutes ago, TWar said:

This is the important bit from the president of Rennes - "“Unfortunately, we knew that Mohamed preferred the Premier League because he is English-speaking. We respect his choice. We had doubts about his capital to obtain the work permit in England. It seems he acquired it. We were his first choice in case of not obtaining the permit. The central defender position is the priority of our transfer window" (source https://www.footmercato.net/a3910090425056081055-rennes-nicolas-holveck-tres-pessimiste-avec-guirassy-et-salisu) confirming we have a work permit. Looks done and dusted!

Unless other english clubs are in for him...

15 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Bloody hell it takes forever to load what was a reasonably sensible thread and when it does load you are met by people talking a load of crap 🙄

I mean. Do you need me to say, "Welcome to saintsweb"? :lol:

3 hours ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Apparently salisu has rejected the chance to represent Ghana so far.

That's a bit odd, unless he has some sort of second nationality? I don't think I have ever heard of players not wanting to play for their countries. 

3 hours ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

I’ve seen some stuff on Twitter about him holding out to play for Spain, but I’m not sure if/how he is eligible. 

He'd have to have an existing nationality for them, otherwise I think it takes a while for citizenship. Only argentinians, maybe Brazilians I think can get fast tracked, I think it only takes them about two years. 

4 hours ago, tajjuk said:

That's a bit odd, unless he has some sort of second nationality? I don't think I have ever heard of players not wanting to play for their countries. 

Ryan Giggs managed to avoid frendlies..

Like I said earlier Saints would get into a load of fecal matter if someone didn't quarantine after flying in from Spain..

How can they do pics video etc, without the Covid 19 stuff being done?

1 minute ago, Nolan said:

Like I said earlier Saints would get into a load of fecal matter if someone didn't quarantine after flying in from Spain..

First signing photo wearing a face mask.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Aren't the rules different for professional sports people? They were when the Quarantine was first muted back in May

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11591908/sportsmen-exempt-from-14-day-coronavirus-quarantine/