• James Ward-Prowse
    • Stuart Armstrong
    • Nathan Redmond
    • Danny Ings
    • Che Adams
    • Will Smallbone
    • Shane Long

Love this team and Ralph.

Would have been so easy to fire him after the Friday night in October debacle.

What a turnaround. The team spirit and fitness are top notch. We look really really good at times and never throw the towel in. 

Add a CM and KWP to Salisu and maybe a GK and we could have a very good season.

Edited by OttawaSaint

10 minutes ago, striker said:

How does the table look since the restart? We should be way up near the top right?

3rd...

And 5th in the table from the November international break 

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

Great end to the season - so close to the top half of the table which I never thought was remotely possible back in October walking away from that Leicester game in the pouring rain.

Little rest for the players, keep the fitness up and then go again with a few new, and hopefully decent, faces. Let’s see what we can achieve next season.

Well overall that was an incredible season and the best we've had since Ron departed. Hate to mention the 9 nil but wtf could have envisaged us finishing where we are now after that? Certainly not me, I thought we were as good as gone. Amazing turnaround, well done Ralph, well done the whole team. 

• Like 1

Well done Ralph, and well done to the players, what a great turnaround.

Most commentators have forgotten and none mention it,  but we suffered a very heavy home defeat earlier in the season and it looked like there were serious problems and relegation beckoned.

Under massive pressure. Ralph has turned it round in style and buried the Puel era and several of those forgettable crap seasons.

Roll on the day when we are allowed to share some wins.

The South Coast is ours.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Didn't realise Norwich just went 9 games in a row losing every one! Someone talked about palace breaking the record with 8, surely Norwich have done it?

Hate to go all MLG on you pal but yes if the record was 8 and Norwich have done 9 then yes they have done it.

Edited by stknowle

When somebody finds how far JWP ran today I'd love to see it. He was excellent, and did a lot to cover the Vestergaard vulnerabilities without surrendering his link role, set pieces and even runs into the box. He's turning into a hell of a player.

Really pleased for Adams, and there's a great chemistry developing between him and Ings.

After Leicester, who saw us finishing above Everton, Newcastle and Palace - and with a better goal difference!

That's a Top 8 starting line up with Top 5 cohesiveness, but it's not yet a Top 8 squad.

Huge credit to Ralph.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Har Dee har! The person was asking if Palace had broken the record, noone confirmed if they had or hadn't ;)

Ok mate, it's been an emotional day all round as evidenced by Deeney just calling the interviewer a cheeky b'stard live on air. UP THE SAINTS.

Tremendous end to the season, and response following the restart. Far better than expected. 

Nice to end the season with a win at home, hopefully this has done the work of the White Witch and lifted the curse ahead of next season.

Only note of caution, let's not be lulled into complacency following this run of form,. For a start,the defence - especially Vestergaard and every GK we possess - is capable of a Grade A f^ck-up. McCartney sounded guilty of two today, and let's not focus on JV.

Romeo is back to his best. Broke up a lot, last ditch tackle was superb and distribution better than PEH by a mile. Romeo also looks the fittest he has looked for a season or more.Having him back in this form is like a new signing in itself.

Very pleased for Che, (Looks like we have another goalscorer in the team) but Romeo MoTM for me today. McCarthy was close, but for his brain fade pass  to a Sheff Utd player when Romeo made that tackle.

Really proud to be a Saint these past few weeks.  Well done Ralph and the lads. (ps....get KWP signed)

Bit of a nothing game, good to get a win and great for Che to build confidence.

Redmond good, especially during the spells in first half when the rest weren't and considering he has played almost every minute since lockdown.

If it wasn't the end of the season it would definitely be time for a thread on McCarthy's kicking though...thats gonna cost us points next season.

MOM for me was Ings. Not for scoring his pen, but his total selflessness  surrendering decent chances in order to try to provide for Che. Maybe he was not the best player today, but he was certainly the best sportsman.

Edited by Ohio Saint
  • Like 2

Before the match, the Solent team were speculating about whether  J W-P had covered the greatest distance in the PL this season. Another great gut-busting performance again today, so surely it has to be a possibility. He  has come on in leaps and bounds this season. 

Couldn’t agree more. I thought Romeu was the wise old head who kept the team ticking over, made some great tackles and interceptions and drove the team forward. 

Really chuffed for Che thought taking the shot early for his first really caught the keeper out.

Lets hope we can take this momentum into next season

• Like 1

That was good. A table to myself at one of the village pubs and 4 pints. My consumption has rather been concentrated over the past few weeks but the diet starts now..

Renewing my season ticket is not such an issue now in terms of the football (the lockdown is another matter).  I thought Che's goals were excellent: true strikers' goals. Romeu a revelation, Vestergard a constant worry but decent moments, Redmond best game in a while - got to the byline, a delicious nutmeg etc., Smallbone got some unwarranted grief in the match thread - he's young and inexperienced against a robust SU side but otherwise he possesses the basics to be a decent addition to the squad. I'd prefer to see JWP in a more advanced role, but everywhere he plays he's reliable. KWP must be bought if he can maintain that form. No sign of PEH but he can drop down to Everton if he wishes..:-)

I appear to have some left over prosecco from last night. Any further posts may be less coherent..