Dan N'Lundulu - Official: Loaned to Lincoln

SuperSAINT

1 minute ago, saintwbu said:

Been hoping to see him for a while, think he got injured last season at a time he was probably on the brink of getting a chance. Really hope this is the first of a few appearances in months to come. 

Yeah.  Game was won, but thought he looked decent in what little time he had.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, disconnect said:

Also thought he looked good, and that he potentially might offer a bit more than Obafemi as a lively young option off the bench. Has looked good in a few of the 'B' team matches I've seen over the past couple of years too.

In the games I have seen and he has been playing - he has looked a bit of a handful more often than not.  In the Chelsea game last week aside from Che we looked small in stature as a team. Seeing Dan on the pitch yesterday leaves no doubt he is a big lad.

2 hours ago, saintwbu said:

Been hoping to see him for a while, think he got injured last season at a time he was probably on the brink of getting a chance. Really hope this is the first of a few appearances in months to come. 

Agree with this. N'Lundulu has always stood out when playing for the under 23s so really hope this is the first of more appearances to come for him. He certainly looked lively when he came on yesterday :)

Edited by davefizzy14

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Another academy product that looks to have the potential to be the real deal. Look who he has to displace though...can’t see him getting serious game time unless there’s a cup game against a lower league side coming up, which will be shame as I like the look of him.

If he displaces Long & Obafemi  then he become 3rd choice striker (perhaps 4th choice if you include Walcott), not beyond the realms of possibility. He possibly already has overtaken Obafemi in the pecking order or at the very least is competing with him.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Can see why people want him but really don't want to see him go. Even though he's only had limited time, I think he potentially offers more than Obafemi and Long and will become a really decent player. Seems to win some tough tackles, is pretty pacey and even had a few tricks up his sleeve. 

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Strange if perm, quite quick to give up on him.

Although I guess we need to generate cash from any possible angle this summer.

Quick? He’s 22 and has made no impact whatsoever on the first team. He’s the kind of substandard squad filler we’d be well rid of if we want to recruit better.

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Quick? He’s 22 and has made no impact whatsoever on the first team. He’s the kind of substandard squad filler we’d be well rid of if we want to recruit better.

Agreed, everytime he has come on he hasn t done anything worthwhile.

Get rid

35 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Strange if perm, quite quick to give up on him.

24 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Quick? He’s 22 and has made no impact whatsoever on the first team. 

For Saints it is... the club have only just released Hesketh and Sims at 25 and 24 years old respectively! 😉

• Like 1

He’s at the age where he’s too good for B’s but not good quite enough to get himself in the 1st team. 

Would have assumed it was a loan, but forgot his contract is up in 2022.

Easy to slate him, but we haven’t had enough players come through recently who you could say are too good for the U23’s.  It’s so difficult to be considered good enough to be a prem level player.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

For Saints it is... the club have only just released Hesketh and Sims at 25 and 24 years old respectively! 😉

They had moments where it looked like they might have potential and could be worth persevering with. Dan… nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Disagree, he clearly isn't good enough. 

I don't disagree with you in that sense, I don't think he's good enough either - we just don't have a great deal up top, he was our only option bar Adams and Ings as it was. I don't count Redmond or Tella as viable centre forward options.

Hopefully this means we are looking for another out and out number 9 - or nightmare scenario, Long is back...!!

Edited by S-Clarke

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't disagree with you in that sense, I don't think he's good enough either - we just don't have a great deal up top, he was our only option bar Adams and Ings as it was. I don't count Redmond or Tella as viable centre forward options.

Hopefully this means we are looking for another out and out number 9 - or nightmare scenario, Long is back...!!

Still have Obafemi too… 

Just now, ErwinK1961 said:

Totally agree with you - not good enough. Shipping Long, Obafemi and Nlundulu and signing another striker would be great (we can dream).

It's what we need to do really, be harsh with the players who are clearly not going to make it. Whatever little money we can get will help.

Same with the Goalkeepers, shipping Angus for whatever fee is a positive. Not really looking at the fees we get, it's more the reduction in the wage bill and the space it opens up for either free transfers/loans etc. I think we need to clear the decks as much as we can - the big ones for me are Lemina, Hoedt maybe Forster....those going would make a huge difference to what we could do. We need to stop holding out for stupid fees with these guys, just get what we get and shift them on.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DarrenLeTiss said:

Another long term contract handed out when the player barely deserves it. He’s 22, he’s not going to be a premier league striker so we’re wasting our very limited money once more. 

I’d agree if we knew what his salary was. 

Although reality is his wages are likely to be very immaterial in the grand scheme of things, so club probs thought worth keeping on that front.

A two year deal may have sufficed, I hope he shows Lincoln how good he is.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Dan N'Lundulu - Official: Loaned to Lincoln